Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Emergency Call System Malfunction

Yesterday, 08:26 AM   #1
abstractfallacy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Angry Emergency Call System Malfunction

A few months ago I started getting this emergency call system malfunction message so I took my 2020 330i xDrive to the dealer. Two hours and $335 later they said the recalibrated it and I left the dealership with a perfectly working car. It rained that evening and the next day- emergency call system malfunction. It seems to primarily do this after it rains, but not always. The dealer must have suspected this because they specifically told me they found no moisture in the fin. Sometimes it's just completely random though, although I do run my car through the carwash five or six times every week.

So, I have another appointment on 5/22/2024 to get this looked at again.

Only this time it's even worse. Now my map system isn't working. It will find directions but when I start moving the arrow is all over the place, It's the same when I connect to Apple Carplay. Apple maps and Google maps does not work, in the same way that the BMW map does not work. (Although they work perfectly fine when not connected to my car.) So, I know it's something with the car's GPS system. Maybe the battery? Maybe there is moisture getting in the fin?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #2
Delighted_Jester
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

There have been many posts, both here on bimmerpost and facebook about water intrusion through the antenna fin. Be it a stock vehicle or after a wrap. I think therea a problem with the seal around the fin. It protects the telematics box from water.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #3
zachBMW
Zach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Garage List
i’d take it back to the dealership. is it covered under warranty?
Appreciate 0