Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 30e owners

05-12-2024, 02:56 AM   #1
Youngjnr
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 + BMW F30

30e owners

I know this has been asked before but I still can’t find a definitive answer with a 330e are most of you guys driving around in hybrid mode or hybrid eco pro as your default driving mode I’m trying to work what is best for driving around town and just running errands I know hybrid eco pro free wheels and doesn’t charge the battery while coasting but the normal hybrid mode does and of course the eco pro one makes the car noticeably slower where normal hybrid not so much I just don’t know which is the better mode out of the two and my car also has the adaptive mode which I know some don’t but I haven’t even started to try figure that one out yet
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 03:15 AM   #2
droid42
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d

Electric Individual for pottering around town at 25-30mph. Hybrid Eco Pro for longer/faster journeys (where the coasting is actually beneficial) and obviously Sport XtraBoost for the Sunday blast.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 07:27 AM   #3
gavinwong
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport

Garage List
2020 G20 330e  [9.75]
electric individual is the default for me as my commute is also within the electric only range.
When not, hybrid eco mode unless I forget and it just defaults to hybrid.
I also have adaptive drive mode as an option. Think I tried it twice and left it alone after that.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 12:18 PM   #4
Jonesie
Rep
Drives: 330e

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
I’ve come to really trust the regular hybrid mode. On my commute, the electric range isn’t quite enough, but the car manages the battery nicely if you let it. I’m getting 40+ mpg only charging twice per week and usually one day cruising up the coast in Sport Xtraboost mode. These are the only two modes I use.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:36 AM   #5
Youngjnr
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 + BMW F30

Thanks for the help, I did a small experiment over the weekend I done a full charge and exhausted the battery in electric only mode and got about 20miles out of it then i fully recharged and stayed in hybrid mode and I’ve not managed to exhaust the battery yet I’m guessing it’s because the car is using a mix between ice and electric either way I think the range is longer in hybrid mode from my experience but I could still be wrong just my findings so far so now I’m trying to figure out how to get the car to default to hybrid mode as after a charge it defaults to electric individual
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:10 AM   #6
droid42
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d

[QUOTE=Youngjnr;31148133]Thanks for the help, I did a small experiment over the weekend I done a full charge and exhausted the battery in electric only mode and got about 20miles out of it then i fully recharged and stayed in hybrid mode and I’ve not managed to exhaust the battery yet I’m guessing it’s because the car is using a mix between ice and electric either way I think the range is longer in hybrid mode from my experience but I could still be wrong just my findings so far so now I’m trying to figure out how to get the car to default to hybrid mode as after a charge it defaults to electric individual

There is a setting that forces the car into Electric Indicidual on startup. On mine it’s under Driving Settings / Drivetrain / Electric Individual. Disabling it will then make the car default to Hybrid mode on startup.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:21 AM   #7
jcl78
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xDrive

Electric individual for me the majority of the time. When charge level drops to 25% remaining (one battery segment) I switch to sport mode to preserve preconditioning ability. After all my tests with eco pro, battery hold, etc. I have found the above to work best for me.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #8
gavinwong
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport

Garage List
2020 G20 330e  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngjnr View Post
Thanks for the help, I did a small experiment over the weekend I done a full charge and exhausted the battery in electric only mode and got about 20miles out of it then i fully recharged and stayed in hybrid mode and I’ve not managed to exhaust the battery yet I’m guessing it’s because the car is using a mix between ice and electric either way I think the range is longer in hybrid mode from my experience but I could still be wrong just my findings so far so now I’m trying to figure out how to get the car to default to hybrid mode as after a charge it defaults to electric individual
Yes in hybrid it is most likely using both petrol and electric. I find it leaves some electric range, even though it could have used the electric. You can check in your app how much petrol was used on that journey where you had electric range left over.
Whilst driving you can also check what is going on as it happens . Can’t remember where it is, but there’s a screen on idrive which will show you whether the engine or electric motor is powering the wheels, and also when it’s charging too from coasting or braking. Think it’s in driving status
Appreciate 0