Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums EUROPE (Continental) G20 11/2020 software update and some other issues

03-10-2021, 03:03 AM   #1
weily
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 330e 2018

Unhappy G20 11/2020 software update and some other issues

Hi. I have the 7/2020.54 installed in my 330e G20. My car was bought in Europe and self imported to Israel. I have an issue with the sports mode - still works but instrument cluster doesn't change to the one it supposed to (red with rev-counter). I contacted a few people including attempts for remote coding but could not solve the issue - everybody told me i have to upgrade or re-install the i drive software. However - locally they claim doing that will erase my European features (connected drive etc' that do not exist in my country).
The 11/2020 should have supposed to roll out as an OTA already but I did not receive it as of now. The connected drive is registered in Germany. Did anyone get it yet or have a clue about the next OTA update?
Alternatively - is there a way to force re-install of the current version or downgrade it to get the OTA update of 7/2020?
Appreciate 0