Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G22 4 Series: M440i RWD Confirmed. New Colors: San Remo Green, Arctic Race Blue

09-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #45
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

I assume that picture does not represent the back of the actual 4 series production car.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 08:22 AM   #46
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Is there a "reduced grill" option?
Maybe from the after market.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #47
bandwagn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
2006 330Cic  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
Quote:
It's called the 8 series
The grille's not smaller, but the car is bigger
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #48
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
So EVERYTHING is now an "M". I wonder if this means all "Real M Cars" will have a badge delete, hmmmm. Sign me up please
///Marketing.

My cousins buddy texted him the other day saying he just bought a 2018 X4M. When he sent my cousin the photos, it was an X4 M-sport. My cousins buddy was adamant it was an X4M even though they hadn't existed yet.

Just an example of why Bmw does what they do.
Believe me, I realize there's a method to their madness, just don't happen to agree with it
You and me both!
      09-27-2019, 07:46 PM   #49
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
So sdrive for the regular 3, why for the 4?
No manual for the regular 3, I assume it'll be the same.

Where is Titansilver color code? Are silvers banned on new BMW's?
I have the same thought. As new G30 didnt have the color combi anymore. The same also applied to G20. It seems BMW has obsoleted most silver colors.
      09-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #50
alabesky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G05 40i

Quote:
Lol... u just made my day

Sign me up if there is
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 04:46 AM   #51
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Interesting that Green is making a little comeback. This one on the 4 and 'Isle of Man Green' on the M3/4 too.
      09-29-2019, 06:19 AM   #52
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
///Marketing.

My cousins buddy texted him the other day saying he just bought a 2018 X4M. When he sent my cousin the photos, it was an X4 M-sport. My cousins buddy was adamant it was an X4M even though they hadn't existed yet.

...and Audi, and Mercedes, and.....! I still think that's a page out of the other manufacturer's playbooks that BMW should've ignored. The ///M brand whoring sucks.
I agree, but not really with Audi.

They have Sport Lines... but keep it separate better (IMO).

A5
S5
RS5

If you have an S5, you don't call it an RS5.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #53
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post

A5
S5
RS5

Hmmm.

BMW M-Sport
BMW M-M-Performance
BMW M.

Works fine.
      09-29-2019, 06:49 PM   #54
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:

A5
S5
RS5

Hmmm.

BMW M-Sport
BMW M-M-Performance
BMW M.

Works fine.
Also, I just heard BMW is teaming up with Mars Foods.

Their joint upcoming model is the BMW M&M's M7 M-Sport M-Superleggera.

Only available in Individual Chocolate Color.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2019, 07:06 PM   #55
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

A5
S5
RS5

Hmmm.

BMW M-Sport
BMW M-M-Performance
BMW M.

Works fine.
@SCOTT26 you are a wealth of knowledge, and this forum is light years better for having you!!

But I cannot tell if you're serious.

On one hand maybe you do think it's fine, on your other hand you could be joking, and on your third hand you may just have to say nice things like that.

But it no world except in the marketing (and money) world does that work just fine.

Just like 80% of the people in the world, divisions of companies can be bought and the M Division sold out.

For those of us that have paid to have something a little bit extra and/or special, it kills us when people (just like X4M example) say "I have an M" when they don't. In all fairness, most of them actually think that, because they know no difference (kiddos to marketing there)— some are just posers
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      09-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #56
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
///Marketing.

...and Audi, and Mercedes, and.....! I still think that's a page out of the other manufacturer's playbooks that BMW should've ignored. The ///M brand whoring sucks.

A5
S5
RS5

Audi has exhibited a bit more "Honesty" if you will with their badging. So far an RS is still an RS, no misleading fake labels.
Appreciate 6
Sedan_Clan25086.50
stein_325i25083.00
JTO245274.50
JustChris17487.50
pyrat15194.50
      09-29-2019, 10:02 PM   #57
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
///Marketing.

A5
S5
RS5

Audi has exhibited a bit more "Honesty" if you will with their badging. So far an RS is still an RS, no misleading fake labels.
And an M car is an m car. There are obvious differences between true m cars and m performance models, and anyone with an average IQ, that cares, knows the difference in badging and specs.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 10:16 PM   #58
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A5
S5
RS5

Hmmm.

BMW M-Sport
BMW M-M-Performance
BMW M.

Works fine.
@SCOTT26 you are a wealth of knowledge, and this forum is light years better for having you!!

On one hand maybe you do think it's fine, on your other hand you could be joking, and on your third hand you may just have to say nice things like that.

But it no world except in the marketing (and money) world does that work just fine.

Just like 80% of the people in the world, divisions of companies can be bought and the M Division sold out.

For those of us that have paid to have something a little bit extra and/or special, it kills us when people (just like X4M example) say "I have an M" when they don't. In all fairness, most of them actually think that, because they know no difference (kiddos to marketing there)— some are just posers
Why are some m car drivers so painfully insecure? If you know what the performance potential of your car is, and enjoy owning the car, who cares what others think when they see it. It follows that those who are so concerned about the M branding, instead of just enjoying the driving experience, are fundamentally out of sync with the spirit of the M division in the first place.
Appreciate 1
hans007604.50
      09-29-2019, 10:24 PM   #59
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A5
S5
RS5

Hmmm.

BMW M-Sport
BMW M-M-Performance
BMW M.

Works fine.

Why are some m car drivers so painfully insecure? If you know what the performance potential of your car is, and enjoy owning the car, who cares what others think when they see it. It follows that those who are so concerned about the M branding, instead of just enjoying the driving experience, are fundamentally out of sync with the spirit of the M division in the first place.
Or maybe......it is the current ///M division that is out of sync with the intended spirit of ///M. The glass could be half full or half empty depending on how you view things.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2019, 10:40 PM   #60
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
///Marketing.

A5
S5
RS5

And an M car is an m car. There are obvious differences between true m cars and m performance models, and anyone with an average IQ, that cares, knows the difference in badging and specs.
Not the point
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #61
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A5
S5
RS5

Hmmm.

BMW M-Sport
BMW M-M-Performance
BMW M.

Works fine.

Or maybe......it is the current ///M division that is out of sync with the intended spirit of ///M. The glass could be half full or half empty depending on how you view things.
Maybe but they do still offer full M* models that are designed with a focus on performance (in as much as a sedan, or luxury coupe allow) If someone purchases an actual m* model, and agrees that the performance chops are acceptable, why should lesser m performance models affect the ownership experience, unless that experience is based mainly on badge envy.

If one wants a badge car, that's fine, but there are better options than a performance car masquerading as a 3 series (in all appearances to Joe Q Public).
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 11:01 PM   #62
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
///Marketing.

A5
S5
RS5

Not the point
You said Audi is more honest because an RS is an RS. I replied saying an M* is still an M* too, so what is exactly your point?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 11:46 PM   #63
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
///Marketing.

A5
S5
RS5

Not the point
You said Audi is more honest because an RS is an RS. I replied saying an M* is still an M* too, so what is exactly your point?
It's about BMW unnecessarily handing out "M" badges for cosmetic purposes. Have you noticed the steep price increase for these artificial automobiles?? Whatever, your opinion is all that matters
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 01:30 AM   #64
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
///Marketing.

A5
S5
RS5

Not the point
It's about BMW unnecessarily handing out "M" badges for cosmetic purposes. Have you noticed the steep price increase for these artificial automobiles?? Whatever, your opinion is all that matters
The M340 or M240 etc don't only have cosmetic differences though, there are also performance attributes that come standard. Like, the Audi S* models, they come standard with a different engine from the base models (with nearly an additional 130-150 hp), as well as more aggressive suspension tuning, limited slip diff, better brakes, different exhaust, among other things, including some cosmetic differences. Of course the price is higher, as it is with an Audi S* model, but we expect to pay a premium for these things.

If, however, you think that Audi is more in alignment with your values because they use an "RS" instead of an M to designate the full performance models, or use an S* instead of M*** to designate the sporty commuter car models, then go buy an S5 instead of an M340i, or an RS5 instead of an M4.

I'm still having a difficult time seeing your point about how Audi is different. If you don't want to elaborate, and bring me up to speed, I suppose I can live with that. Enjoy your RS5, or S5, or whatever you're looking for.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #65
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
///Marketing.

A5
S5
RS5

Not the point
The M340 or M240 etc don't only have cosmetic differences though, there are also performance attributes that come standard. Like, the Audi S* models, they come standard with a different engine from the base models (with nearly an additional 130-150 hp), as well as more aggressive suspension tuning, limited slip diff, better brakes, different exhaust, among other things, including some cosmetic differences. Of course the price is higher, as it is with an Audi S* model, but we expect to pay a premium for these things.

If, however, you think that Audi is more in alignment with your values because they use an "RS" instead of an M to designate the full performance models, or use an S* instead of M*** to designate the sporty commuter car models, then go buy an S5 instead of an M340i, or an RS5 instead of an M4.

I'm still having a difficult time seeing your point about how Audi is different. If you don't want to elaborate, and bring me up to speed, I suppose I can live with that. Enjoy your RS5, or S5, or whatever you're looking for.
Never owned an Audi, never plan on driving an Audi. 8 bimmers since I was 18 shows my loyalty to the brand, just not satisfied with their current direction. A lot of this type floating around these parts
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #66
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
///Marketing.

A5
S5
RS5

Not the point

Never owned an Audi, never plan on driving an Audi. 8 bimmers since I was 18 shows my loyalty to the brand, just not satisfied with their current direction. A lot of this type floating around these parts
Appreciate 0