Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Software update

03-04-2023, 10:02 AM   #1
Adrac14
Registered
Rep
Drives: G20 320d xdrive

Software update

Ive just bought a 19plate 320d and am gutted to find out it does not have android auto.
After doing some research I've found that it's because the software installed is from 2019 and the android auto update wasn't till 2020. However, I cant seem to update the software myself. The car says the software is up to date, as does entering the VIN on the bmw website, and there are no update prompts on the my bmw app. Has anyine else encountered this problem or managed to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 10:20 AM   #2
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Plenty of threads already in this subject. Think general consensus however is the remote upgrade stuff is fundamentally broken for alot and you'll need to take it to a dealer to be updated.
      03-04-2023, 11:21 AM   #3
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘72’ BMW M340d G20 LCI

Just to add to this, some dealers will not update just because you ask, in which case make up a fault!

Mine genuinely had a fault where my MMI would suddenly stop playing music randomly but turning car on/off or a reboot would resolve the issue - they then updated it but otherwise refused before that.

Not saying it’s the correct way, but keep it in the back pocket just in case.
Appreciate 0