Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Softening door closures

06-15-2023, 03:12 PM   #1
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Seems quite quiet in here the last few days so thought I'd take the opportunity to ask a random question. Does anyone know of a solution (home made or aftermarket) to soften the door closures. Never had this before in previous cars but for some reason the doors being closed shut sounds like an old Morris Minor from the 60s. Dunno if it's poor materials or lighter than expected doors or heavy handed people, but *everyone* that gets in and out of the car just seem to slam the doors shut with such a empty tin can sounding "thud" (or whatever the opposite to a thud is), it does my head in.

Interestingly had a 5 series loaner for a few days a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice it once.
      06-15-2023, 03:50 PM   #2
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Someone here always slams doors. Not going to trade her in, though.

They do close with a heavy clunk, though.
Appreciate 1
Seaford1147.50
      06-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #3
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Seems quite quiet in here the last few days so thought I'd take the opportunity to ask a random question. Does anyone know of a solution (home made or aftermarket) to soften the door closures. Never had this before in previous cars but for some reason the doors being closed shut sounds like an old Morris Minor from the 60s. Dunno if it's poor materials or lighter than expected doors or heavy handed people, but *everyone* that gets in and out of the car just seem to slam the doors shut with such a empty tin can sounding "thud" (or whatever the opposite to a thud is), it does my head in.

Interestingly had a 5 series loaner for a few days a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice it once.
I actually enjoy how the G20 doors shut, lol. Much better than my Evo X which also had light doors but razor thin rubber seals and horrendous wind noise.