Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum 330e build location and transport time to CA

12-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #1
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

330e build location and transport time to CA

Asking for sister in law. What is the approximate transport time from 330e factory (Mexico?) to CA ? It seems delivery is cutting very close for incentive.
      12-03-2022, 09:37 PM   #2
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

When did she order?

I ordered on Sep 9 and took delivery on Nov 14. I could have taken it a couple of days sooner, except for other obligations.

The 330e for US delivery is built in Mexico.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 10:34 PM   #3
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

She received production number on Sept 14. Her MyGarage said in transit since Nov 19. Dealer is PeterPan in SF Bay Area.

Where of Mexico? They come by train or boat? How long do they typically take for the journey?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 09:43 AM   #4
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep

You can find all sorts of recent data in this thread: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1622341

The car is manufactured in San Luis Potosi, and transferred (I think by train) to Port Lazaro Cardenas. There, it will wait until it can be loaded on a ship (likely an NYK ship ending in the name "Leader") bound for Port Hueneme (Oxnard), CA. It will likely spend a day or two there at the Vehicle Processing Center.

From there, it will likely be trucked to the Bay Area, where her dealer may get it immediately, or her dealer may have a Pre-Delivery Inspection/prep center. Either way, they'll need a couple of days to do PDI/Prep before she can take delivery.

She should be cautiously optimistic, but prepared to pull the plug on the order if the tax rebate is an essential component of her ability to make the purchase.

According to https://www.nykroro.com/documents/US...ast/USWCFE.pdf the Lyra Leader is scheduled to arrive @ Port Lazaro Cardenas today (Actual ship tracking data suggests it won't arrive until tomorrow), and should arrive at Port Hueneme on Dec 10. If her car doesn't make that ship, then the next NYK option is the Asteria Leader, which doesn't arrive in Port Hueneme until Dec 28 -- likely much too late to take delivery before the 31st.

Supposing it makes the Lyra, and supposing the Lyra is really a day or two behind schedule, then it might arrive in Port Hueneme on Dec 12, and then be trucked to the Bay Area on Dec 15/16, and then be ready for delivery by the 18/20. But those are all guesses on my part.

If she wants better information than the MyGarage, she should call Genius and ask if it's been assigned to a vessel. They may (or may not) have any additional or more accurate information. The MyGarage tracker seems to run a day or two behind schedule.

In any case, hopefully she makes it on the Lyra Leader this weekend. That's her best hope of taking delivery before the end of the year.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 04:34 PM   #5
puma77
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJon View Post
You can find all sorts of recent data in this thread: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1622341

The car is manufactured in San Luis Potosi, and transferred (I think by train) to Port Lazaro Cardenas. There, it will wait until it can be loaded on a ship (likely an NYK ship ending in the name "Leader") bound for Port Hueneme (Oxnard), CA. It will likely spend a day or two there at the Vehicle Processing Center.

From there, it will likely be trucked to the Bay Area, where her dealer may get it immediately, or her dealer may have a Pre-Delivery Inspection/prep center. Either way, they'll need a couple of days to do PDI/Prep before she can take delivery.

She should be cautiously optimistic, but prepared to pull the plug on the order if the tax rebate is an essential component of her ability to make the purchase.

According to https://www.nykroro.com/documents/US...ast/USWCFE.pdf the Lyra Leader is scheduled to arrive @ Port Lazaro Cardenas today (Actual ship tracking data suggests it won't arrive until tomorrow), and should arrive at Port Hueneme on Dec 10. If her car doesn't make that ship, then the next NYK option is the Asteria Leader, which doesn't arrive in Port Hueneme until Dec 28 -- likely much too late to take delivery before the 31st.

Supposing it makes the Lyra, and supposing the Lyra is really a day or two behind schedule, then it might arrive in Port Hueneme on Dec 12, and then be trucked to the Bay Area on Dec 15/16, and then be ready for delivery by the 18/20. But those are all guesses on my part.

If she wants better information than the MyGarage, she should call Genius and ask if it's been assigned to a vessel. They may (or may not) have any additional or more accurate information. The MyGarage tracker seems to run a day or two behind schedule.

In any case, hopefully she makes it on the Lyra Leader this weekend. That's her best hope of taking delivery before the end of the year.
If tracker says "Ready for transport", does that mean its already at the Port or is it still in transit to the port in Mexico?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 06:24 PM   #6
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma77 View Post
If tracker says "Ready for transport", does that mean its already at the Port or is it still in transit to the port in Mexico?
Good question. I don’t think that the data on this has been consistent enough to answer with any certainty. You might call Genius to see if they can see more info than the tracker is showing.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 06:39 PM   #7
sampar
United_States
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90

Just called genius but no good response. Mine is ready for transport since 11/16. The car is in transit to the port almost 3 weeks now.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 08:06 PM   #8
fourbg
Rep
Drives: 328ix; 330ex

Quote:
I was told by BMW Genius that it meant the car was at the factory parking lot and had not left for the port. That was last week.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 09:06 PM   #9
sampar
United_States
Rep

Previously, right after production, they told me it was at the plant but the last two weeks consistently told me it was enroute to the port.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 09:33 PM   #10
puma77
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampar View Post
Previously, right after production, they told me it was at the plant but the last two weeks consistently told me it was enroute to the port.
I guess they use rail to transfer the cars to the port, and not sure on the rail ride.. Hopefully not 3 weeks like the Genius claims.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 07:34 PM   #11
ayv_g20
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330e

I ordered my 330e on August 25 and took delivery on November 2. For reference, the transportation process from the factory to the dealer took the longest by far. Building the car took only about 2-3 weeks according to the tracker.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 05:54 PM   #12
TheStoic
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i

My car has been ready for transport since Nov. 22. Really hoping it gets on a ship by the end of the month…
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 01:25 PM   #13
sampar
United_States
Rep

11/7 Production
11/16 ready for transport

According to Genius, it may be at the port but waiting for a ship assignment. Where do I check the possible vessel schedules for this car from Port Cardenas to Hueneme?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 08:43 PM   #14
puma77
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampar View Post
11/7 Production
11/16 ready for transport

According to Genius, it may be at the port but waiting for a ship assignment. Where do I check the possible vessel schedules for this car from Port Cardenas to Hueneme?
https://www.nykroro.com/documents/US...ast/USWCFE.pdf

LYRA Leader supposed to leave today, hopefully carrying our cars. Mine is ready to transport since 11/18 and genius told me it might be on a train to the port or might be at the port and they do not have any info.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 08:42 PM   #15
sampar
United_States
Rep

Quote:
https://www.nykroro.com/documents/US...ast/USWCFE.pdf

LYRA Leader supposed to leave today, hopefully carrying our cars. Mine is ready to transport since 11/18 and genius told me it might be on a train to the port or might be at the port and they do not have any info.
I hope so...thanks for the info
Appreciate 0