Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications M340i MPE installed

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #67
themur
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmwguys View Post
Awesome answer and exactly what I wanted to hear lol! Still didn't get an m340 but when I do this will be part of the shopping cart. Thanks for answering.
If you're worried about Comfort being obnoxiously loud, then worry not, even with the MPE it's still very refined. You'll definitely get some more pops and burbles than you would with stock but they're still very subtle. The MPE really shines in S+ mode.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #68
Newbmwguys
New Member
3
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: 2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost.
Join Date: May 2019
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmwguys View Post
Awesome answer and exactly what I wanted to hear lol! Still didn't get an m340 but when I do this will be part of the shopping cart. Thanks for answering.
If you're worried about Comfort being obnoxiously loud, then worry not, even with the MPE it's still very refined. You'll definitely get some more pops and burbles than you would with stock but they're still very subtle. The MPE really shines in S+ mode.
Awesome! What about the fart sounds when switching gears. Did that get louder/more pronounced?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #69
themur
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmwguys View Post
Awesome! What about the fart sounds when switching gears. Did that get louder/more pronounced?
I would say so. It's louder and I'm actually hearing them more frequently now.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #70
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
362
Rep
3,749
Posts

Drives: M340
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
So I finally got mine installed, big thanks to Jason340Msport for taking the first leap. Like many of you, the video between stock and MPE sounded far too familiar but according to Jason it sounded much better in person so I took the risk. I can now confirm there is a notable difference between the two that the audio in the clips aren't able to catch. In person, the MPE sounds far different from stock and is a lot deeper sounding now which I felt was missing from the stock exhaust. Thanks again for the clips Jason!
Can you comment on the install. Is it pretty straight fw? I have not peaked under the car yet, does it involve cutting out the old system and installing the new? Or does one slide out and the other one slides in?

I am thinking where I will be storing my stock system as the darn thing looks pretty big. in F10, it was just the mufflers and did not take much room at all.
__________________
2020 G20 M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - ZDA|ZPP|ZPX|1CR|1PE|6NW|6WD
2016 F10 535i xDrive - AW - Retired
2011 E92 M3 - AW……………....ED April 29th, 2010 - Retired
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #71
themur
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Can you comment on the install. Is it pretty straight fw? I have not peaked under the car yet, does it involve cutting out the old system and installing the new? Or does one slide out and the other one slides in?

I am thinking where I will be storing my stock system as the darn thing looks pretty big. in F10, it was just the mufflers and did not take much room at all.
I'm not too sure as I got the install done at a dealer since I don't have the space or capability of a self-install. From my discussion with the shop foreman prior to the install he was under the impression that it slides out and slides in which would coincide with how quick the shop got it done. But again, my apologies I did not do it myself so I'd take my experience with a grain of salt.
Appreciate 1
TTG361.50

      10-12-2019, 02:53 PM   #72
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
127
Rep
854
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Can you comment on the install. Is it pretty straight fw? I have not peaked under the car yet, does it involve cutting out the old system and installing the new? Or does one slide out and the other one slides in?

I am thinking where I will be storing my stock system as the darn thing looks pretty big. in F10, it was just the mufflers and did not take much room at all.
It does involved cutting the old system out but it is very straightforward. Our tech had the MPE installed on mine in 10-15 minutes.
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #73
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
127
Rep
854
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
So I finally got mine installed, big thanks to Jason340Msport for taking the first leap. Like many of you, the video between stock and MPE sounded far too familiar but according to Jason it sounded much better in person so I took the risk. I can now confirm there is a notable difference between the two that the audio in the clips aren't able to catch. In person, the MPE sounds far different from stock and is a lot deeper sounding now which I felt was missing from the stock exhaust. Thanks again for the clips Jason!
Glad you took the leap and got it! It is definitely worth it!
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 1
themur9.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST