Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications M340i MPE installed

10-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #67
themur
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmwguys View Post
Awesome answer and exactly what I wanted to hear lol! Still didn't get an m340 but when I do this will be part of the shopping cart. Thanks for answering.
If you're worried about Comfort being obnoxiously loud, then worry not, even with the MPE it's still very refined. You'll definitely get some more pops and burbles than you would with stock but they're still very subtle. The MPE really shines in S+ mode.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #68
Newbmwguys
Rep
Drives: 2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
Quote:
Awesome answer and exactly what I wanted to hear lol! Still didn't get an m340 but when I do this will be part of the shopping cart. Thanks for answering.
If you're worried about Comfort being obnoxiously loud, then worry not, even with the MPE it's still very refined. You'll definitely get some more pops and burbles than you would with stock but they're still very subtle. The MPE really shines in S+ mode.
Awesome! What about the fart sounds when switching gears. Did that get louder/more pronounced?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #69
themur
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Awesome! What about the fart sounds when switching gears. Did that get louder/more pronounced?
I would say so. It's louder and I'm actually hearing them more frequently now.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #70
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
So I finally got mine installed, big thanks to Jason340Msport for taking the first leap. Like many of you, the video between stock and MPE sounded far too familiar but according to Jason it sounded much better in person so I took the risk. I can now confirm there is a notable difference between the two that the audio in the clips aren't able to catch. In person, the MPE sounds far different from stock and is a lot deeper sounding now which I felt was missing from the stock exhaust. Thanks again for the clips Jason!
Can you comment on the install. Is it pretty straight fw? I have not peaked under the car yet, does it involve cutting out the old system and installing the new? Or does one slide out and the other one slides in?

I am thinking where I will be storing my stock system as the darn thing looks pretty big. in F10, it was just the mufflers and did not take much room at all.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #71
themur
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Can you comment on the install. Is it pretty straight fw? I have not peaked under the car yet, does it involve cutting out the old system and installing the new? Or does one slide out and the other one slides in?

I am thinking where I will be storing my stock system as the darn thing looks pretty big. in F10, it was just the mufflers and did not take much room at all.
I'm not too sure as I got the install done at a dealer since I don't have the space or capability of a self-install. From my discussion with the shop foreman prior to the install he was under the impression that it slides out and slides in which would coincide with how quick the shop got it done. But again, my apologies I did not do it myself so I'd take my experience with a grain of salt.
Appreciate 1
TTG361.50

10-12-2019, 02:53 PM   #72
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post

It does involved cutting the old system out but it is very straightforward. Our tech had the MPE installed on mine in 10-15 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #73
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
So I finally got mine installed, big thanks to Jason340Msport for taking the first leap. Like many of you, the video between stock and MPE sounded far too familiar but according to Jason it sounded much better in person so I took the risk. I can now confirm there is a notable difference between the two that the audio in the clips aren't able to catch. In person, the MPE sounds far different from stock and is a lot deeper sounding now which I felt was missing from the stock exhaust. Thanks again for the clips Jason!
Glad you took the leap and got it! It is definitely worth it!
Appreciate 1
themur9.00