Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications NEW RELEASE: Dinan G2x x30i CAI's (Brace Compatible) & Strut Tower Brace Kits

02-21-2022, 09:46 AM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: Dinan G2x x30i CAI's (Brace Compatible) & Strut Tower Brace Kits

Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_1.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  306.2 KB
Dinan G2x x30i CAI's (Brace Compatible) & Strut Tower Brace Kits

Part Number: D760-0059 (CAI), D180-0013 (G22/G23/26 Strut Brace Kit) & D180-0014 (G20 Strut Brace Kit)

Applications:
  • 2019-2022 G20 330i
  • 2020-2022 G22/G23/G26 430i

Product Page(s) / Power Charts / Flow Graphcs / Pricing:

Cold Air Intake: dinan.info/G22-430-CAI
G22/G23/G26 Strut Brace Kit: dinan.info/G22-SBK
G20 Strut Brace Kit: dinan.info/G20-SBK

Release Date: Available Now!

Description (Cold Air Intake): In the quest to be all things to all people at an attractive price point the 430i/330i has been reduced to a mundane, albeit pragmatic, core with elements devoid of any character both outwardly and inwardly. For example, in stock trim, the 430i/330i comes with a utilitarian and lifeless air box swaddled by seemingly unfinished braces and housing a basic panel filter that is also accompanied by an intake resonator whose job it is to eliminate turbo/intake noises. The same noises that those in the performance world relish. Essentially, BMW has seen fit to give 430i/330i owners an air box that looks uninspiring, flows adequately but not ideally, and emits no noise. The Dinan carbon fiber intake for the platform rights these wrongs and delivers a semi-open intake capable of flowing 58% more air than the stock system resulting in improved throttle response and the elimination of a potential roadblock when opting to pursue a high-powered build (upgraded turbo, fueling, etc.). At the same time the Dinan kit unveils a more aggressive, sporty carbon fiber appearance, and an increase in sound courtesy of the removal of the intake resonator and implementation of the semi-open design.

In order to accomplish the feat in flow that sets the Dinan intake system apart the entire lower box of the system, and not just the lid, has been reworked and enlarged in an effort to make use of as much of the available real estate as possible within the engine bay. In turn, this allows a 40% larger, custom, free flowing filter to be housed within and maximum flow to be realized. However, a secondary inlet has always been desired by Dinan in order to effectively fill the volume of the enlarged air box and increased filter surface area. This desire led to a multitude of experiments being conducted on the effectiveness of a possible open-air inlet in the system. With different shapes, locations, and sizes of openings being tested, the goal was to ensure that the added secondary inlet did not cause any unwarranted side effects such as an increase in air temps in the system. This is commonplace with open-air intake systems where overheated engine bay air is employed in the intake tract. The results of these tests showed that the patterned openings present in the final iteration of the box on the opposite side from the engine provided a perfect balance of additional volume to assist the factory snorkel all the while not causing an increase in turbo inlet temperatures. This was the case regardless of testing conditions (single/multiple gear pulls, constant speed, 0-100mph runs, etc.).

While the additional flow does not translate to any noteworthy rise in power output for stock or basic bolt-on equipped vehicles, the Dinan intake system does expand the potential of the platforms power ceiling. Put simply, those striving to build a more potent and robust solution, complete with turbo and fueling upgrades, will be allowed to maximize the results without worry of the intake system being a limiting factor. Regardless of the level of build, the secondary air inlets allow the intake system to be more audible so the turbo spool and BOV can be appreciated. A stark difference from Dinan's traditional fully sealed systems where induction noise is not nearly as recognizable. Not to be outdone by the increased flow and sound, the outwardly visible system is made of immaculate carbon fiber so the under the hood appeal is vastly improved over its drab and utilitarian beginnings. In and of itself, making it worth the price of admission.

NOTE:
1. For those who already own a non-brace compatible Dinan intake (D760-0055) but now want to run braces without purchasing a completely new intake kit you can order the retrofit kit (lid and hardware) seperately. To do so contact the tech sales department at 1-800-341-5480 and request part number D763-0185.

Features/Benefits (Cold Air Intake):
  • Outflows factory intake by 58% or more.
  • Enjoyably louder, sportier sound.
  • Beautifully crafted carbon fiber construction (lid and tube).
  • Improved throttle response.
  • Larger volume air box (60% larger than stock).
  • 40% increase in filter area (stock: 82 inē, Dinan: 115 inē) for optimum flow.
  • Compatible with all G2x x30i's with and without factory bracing.
  • Quick and easy installation.

Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_2.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  214.9 KB
Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_3.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  220.7 KB
Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_4.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  210.0 KB
Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_5.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  284.6 KB
Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_6.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  385.0 KB

Description (G2x Strut Brace Kits): The Dinan G2x Strut Tower Braces provide additional rigidity and sharper handling to the chassis by reducing flex under hard cornering conditions. With more control, spirited driving becomes easier and infinitely more enjoyable. Not only do the braces provide a performance benefit but they replace arguably the biggest eyesore in the factory engine compartment. Transforming the blight that is the factory smashed aluminum tubes into a notable highlight that augments the engine bay rather than detract from it.

The attractive black anodized billet aluminum braces can be installed in a matter of minutes and used in conjunction with either the stock or Dinan intake systems with the brace valley (D760-0058 / -0059).

NOTE(S):
1. Fitment is guaranteed with either the stock or Dinan intake systems with the brace valley (D760-0058 / -0059). Compatibility is not guaranteed with other brands of aftermarket intakes nor with the flat lid Dinan intakes (D760-0052 / -0055).
2. Factory hardware is re-used on the G2x 4 Series (D180-0013). For a G20 3 Series that do not come with a factory braces please use kit D180-0014 that includes mounting hardware.

Features/Benefits (G2x Strut Brace Kits):
  • Improved chassis rigidity.
  • Decreased flex during cornering.
  • Solid black anodized billet aluminum for maximum strength and visual appeal.
  • Compatible with stock and Dinan Intake Systems with brace valley (D760-0058 / -0059).
  • Bolt-on installation.

Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_7.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  129.9 KB
Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_8.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  245.3 KB
Name:  G2x_CAI_Braces_9.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  426.1 KB

Last edited by Dinan_Engineering; 04-15-2022 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2022, 10:46 AM   #2
Jtw318
Private
Rep
Drives: Possibly G20 330i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Attachment 2817968
Dinan G2x x30i CAI's (Brace Compatible) & Strut Tower Brace Kits

Part Number: D760-0059 (CAI), D180-0013 (G22/G23/26 Strut Brace Kit) & D180-0014 (G20 Strut Brace Kit)

Applications:
  • 2019-2022 G20 330i
  • 2020-2022 G22/G23/G26 430i

Product Page(s) / Power Charts / Flow Graphcs / Pricing:

Cold Air Intake: dinan.info/G22-430-CAI
G22/G23/G26 Strut Brace Kit: dinan.info/G22-SBK
G20 Strut Brace Kit: dinan.info/G20-SBK

Release Date: [COLOR="Red"]Available Now![/COLOR]

Description (Cold Air Intake): In the quest to be all things to all people at an attractive price point the 430i/330i has been reduced to a mundane, albeit pragmatic, core with elements devoid of any character both outwardly and inwardly. For example, in stock trim, the 430i/330i comes with a utilitarian and lifeless air box swaddled by seemingly unfinished braces and housing a basic panel filter that is also accompanied by an intake resonator whose job it is to eliminate turbo/intake noises. The same noises that those in the performance world relish. Essentially, BMW has seen fit to give 430i/330i owners an air box that looks uninspiring, flows adequately but not ideally, and emits no noise. The Dinan carbon fiber intake for the platform rights these wrongs and delivers a semi-open intake capable of flowing 58% more air than the stock system resulting in improved throttle response and the elimination of a potential roadblock when opting to pursue a high-powered build (upgraded turbo, fueling, etc.). At the same time the Dinan kit unveils a more aggressive, sporty carbon fiber appearance, and an increase in sound courtesy of the removal of the intake resonator and implementation of the semi-open design.

In order to accomplish the feat in flow that sets the Dinan intake system apart the entire lower box of the system, and not just the lid, has been reworked and enlarged in an effort to make use of as much of the available real estate as possible within the engine bay. In turn, this allows a 40% larger, custom, free flowing filter to be housed within and maximum flow to be realized. However, a secondary inlet has always been desired by Dinan in order to effectively fill the volume of the enlarged air box and increased filter surface area. This desire led to a multitude of experiments being conducted on the effectiveness of a possible open-air inlet in the system. With different shapes, locations, and sizes of openings being tested, the goal was to ensure that the added secondary inlet did not cause any unwarranted side effects such as an increase in air temps in the system. This is commonplace with open-air intake systems where overheated engine bay air is employed in the intake tract. The results of these tests showed that the patterned openings present in the final iteration of the box on the opposite side from the engine provided a perfect balance of additional volume to assist the factory snorkel all the while not causing an increase in turbo inlet temperatures. This was the case regardless of testing conditions (single/multiple gear pulls, constant speed, 0-100mph runs, etc.).

While the additional flow does not translate to any noteworthy rise in power output for stock or basic bolt-on equipped vehicles, the Dinan intake system does expand the potential of the platforms power ceiling. Put simply, those striving to build a more potent and robust solution, complete with turbo and fueling upgrades, will be allowed to maximize the results without worry of the intake system being a limiting factor. Regardless of the level of build, the secondary air inlets allow the intake system to be more audible so the turbo spool and BOV can be appreciated. A stark difference from Dinan's traditional fully sealed systems where induction noise is not nearly as recognizable. Not to be outdone by the increased flow and sound, the outwardly visible system is made of immaculate carbon fiber so the under the hood appeal is vastly improved over its drab and utilitarian beginnings. In and of itself, making it worth the price of admission.

NOTE:
1. For those who already own a non-brace compatible Dinan intake (D760-0055) but now want to run braces without purchasing a completely new intake kit you can order the retrofit kit (lid and hardware) seperately. To do so contact the tech sales department at 1-800-341-5480 and request part number D763-0185.

Features/Benefits (Cold Air Intake):
  • Outflows factory intake by 58% or more.
  • Enjoyably louder, sportier sound.
  • Beautifully crafted carbon fiber construction (lid and tube).
  • Improved throttle response.
  • Larger volume air box (60% larger than stock).
  • 40% increase in filter area (stock: 82 in², Dinan: 115 in²) for optimum flow.
  • Compatible with all G2x x30i's with and without factory bracing.
  • Quick and easy installation.

Attachment 2817969
Attachment 2817970
Attachment 2817971
Attachment 2817972
Attachment 2817973

Description (G2x Strut Brace Kits): The Dinan G2x Strut Tower Braces provide additional rigidity and sharper handling to the chassis by reducing flex under hard cornering conditions. With more control, spirited driving becomes easier and infinitely more enjoyable. Not only do the braces provide a performance benefit but they replace arguably the biggest eyesore in the factory engine compartment. Transforming the blight that is the factory smashed aluminum tubes into a notable highlight that augments the engine bay rather than detract from it.

The attractive black anodized billet aluminum braces can be installed in a matter of minutes and used in conjunction with either the stock or Dinan intake systems with the brace valley (D760-0058 / -0059).

NOTE(S):
1. Fitment is guaranteed with either the stock or Dinan intake systems with the brace valley (D760-0058 / -0059). Compatibility is not guaranteed with other brands of aftermarket intakes nor with the flat lid Dinan intakes (D760-0052 / -0055).
2. Factory hardware is re-used on the G2x 4 Series (D180-0013). For a G20 3 Series that do not come with a factory braces please use kit D180-0014 that includes mounting hardware.

Features/Benefits (G2x Strut Brace Kits):
  • Improved chassis rigidity.
  • Decreased flex during cornering.
  • Solid black anodized billet aluminum for maximum strength and visual appeal.
  • Compatible with stock and Dinan Intake Systems with brace valley (D760-0058 / -0059).
  • Bolt-on installation.

Attachment 2817974
Attachment 2817975
Attachment 2817976
Awesome release! Might have to go with this, to hopefully match the Dinan exhaust for the 330i if it gets released.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 10:50 AM   #3
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtw318 View Post
Awesome release! Might have to go with this, to hopefully match the Dinan exhaust for the 330i if it gets released.
Eventually. =/
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 11:11 AM   #4
Jtw318
Private
Rep
Drives: Possibly G20 330i Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Eventually. =/
Will we be hopefully seeing it this year? Last update I received he said he saw the finished cans for the exhaust. That was early January.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 12:35 PM   #5
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Will we be hopefully seeing it this year? Last update I received he said he saw the finished cans for the exhaust. That was early January.
I would think so but I would have said that last year as well and we see how well that would have went over. New exhaust SKU production keeps being pushed given the backorders/demand on existing systems.
Appreciate 1
Jtw3184.50
      02-21-2022, 03:24 PM   #6
mikeyb74
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330ix M Sport

Garage List
Just ordered the intake for mine today.
      02-22-2022, 01:28 AM   #7
helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i X-Drive M-Sport

Garage List
Intake ordered... I'll hold off on the bracing as I already retrofitted the OEM scaffolding from the G22.

Just need that Dinan B46 exhaust next!!
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2022, 07:30 AM   #8
helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Finally got my intake…

@Dinan_Engineering

I can't get the filter to mount properly. It sticks up above the housing if the D is right side up. 🤷🏻

It only works if I rotate the filter. What am I doing wrong here? The longest vertical part of the triangle should be on the bottom right?? That's what it looks like the instructions. I guess my D will just be upside down because that's the only way the lid will go on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 08:20 AM   #9
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post
Finally got my intake…

@Dinan_Engineering

I can't get the filter to mount properly. It sticks up above the housing if the D is right side up. ����

It only works if I rotate the filter. What am I doing wrong here? The longest vertical part of the triangle should be on the bottom right?? That's what it looks like the instructions. I guess my D will just be upside down because that's the only way the lid will go on.
Correct. Filter only fits one way -- with the longest vertical of the triangle pointing down. As far as the logo goes, our drawings are showing/calling it out oriented face up in that configuration so I am going to assume the filter manufacturer just inadvertently had the caps glued on in the wrong orientation for whatever batch that may have been part of. The couple used and/or sample filters I can find in engineering and elsewhere from old batches at least are oriented correctly. Obviously doesn't affect performance and you will never see that logo outside of taking it out of the box before install but it is something that will be brought to the attention of the filter manufacturer to ensure is correct in future production runs.
Appreciate 1
helmet91302.00
      03-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #10
helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Ok… so I'm not crazy. Thanks.

As long as you're on here, what do you suggest I use to cut the lower crimp clamp in Step 4?

Greeting from the NL by the way… I had your springs installed the other day at a local "race shop," I had to talk you guys up and share your website with the owner as they weren't familiar with Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:42 AM   #11
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok… so I'm not crazy. Thanks.

As long as you're on here, what do you suggest I use to cut the lower crimp clamp in Step 4?

Greeting from the NL by the way… I had your springs installed the other day at a local "race shop," I had to talk you guys up and share your website with the owner as they weren't familiar with Dinan.
Tin snips where the band comes together is probably the easiest thing to use but there are a bunch of different ways to do it -- I think our guy probably used an angle grinder but I wouldnt reccommend that with the margin of error.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 02:01 PM   #12
jeegunkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive, 2023 M3CX

What's the return policy? I really want the strut tower brace but have an MST intake and don't want to purchase unless it's returnable.
      03-17-2022, 03:40 PM   #13
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeegunkim View Post
What's the return policy? I really want the strut tower brace but have an MST intake and don't want to purchase unless it's returnable.
Full return policy and info can be found at https://www.dinancars.com/help/.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 02:07 AM   #14
helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
I forgot to post on Friday. Install was super easy all said and done. I'm quite happy with the sound. I will say the OEM scaffolding grade engine braces look pretty gross with the fancy CF lid. Definitely need to upgrade to the Dinan parts at some point in the future.

Here's hoping for that axle back exhaust??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 07:10 AM   #15
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I forgot to post on Friday. Install was super easy all said and done. I'm quite happy with the sound. I will say the OEM scaffolding grade engine braces look pretty gross with the fancy CF lid. Definitely need to upgrade to the Dinan parts at some point in the future.

Here's hoping for that axle back exhaust??
Yeah -- the factory braces are an eye sore (also not terribly robust). Couldn't change them out fast enough.

You and me both on the axleback front.
Appreciate 1
helmet91302.00
      03-22-2022, 11:55 AM   #16
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
You and me both on the axleback front.
Any chance you will be developing a catback system?
      03-22-2022, 01:13 PM   #17
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WickedE90 View Post
Any chance you will be developing a catback system?
Nothing planned and there really is no reason to do so. There is no meaningful resonator to delete from the cat to the cutpoint so it would be adding cost in pipe material just to do so. Would be no sound/performance benefit.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2022, 12:58 PM   #18
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Nothing planned and there really is no reason to do so. There is no meaningful resonator to delete from the cat to the cutpoint so it would be adding cost in pipe material just to do so. Would be no sound/performance benefit.
https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...75&postcount=3

The 2nd picture in the link shows the resonator/muffler after the DP. In watching the video, I was noticing all the crimps & bends in the stock exhaust. Would getting rid of all these w/ a cat-back system not improve performance (and likely sound)? Thanks for your insight, trying to make a decision like others on the best way to go for mods.
      04-14-2022, 02:25 PM   #19
MassBimmer
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.24]
I emailed about this as well but figured I'd post. I was a very early adopter of the Dinan intake on my G20 330. My intake came with the flat carbon fiber top. Of course when Dinan introduced this strut brace, it's not compatible with my Dinan intake - so much so that the design of the intake was changed after the fact to include the valley that allows the installation of the strut brace. If I want to purchase this piece, I'm now required to shell out another $90 on top of the strut brace to get the revised intake cover. Such poor product planning and the customer is left footing the bill :
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 04:13 PM   #20
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
I emailed about this as well but figured I'd post. I was a very early adopter of the Dinan intake on my G20 330. My intake came with the flat carbon fiber top. Of course when Dinan introduced this strut brace, it's not compatible with my Dinan intake - so much so that the design of the intake was changed after the fact to include the valley that allows the installation of the strut brace. If I want to purchase this piece, I'm now required to shell out another $90 on top of the strut brace to get the revised intake cover. Such poor product planning and the customer is left footing the bill :
The original G20 intake (M340i and a bit later the 330i) was designed and sent to manufacturing in late 2019 before the 4 series (which uses the strut brace) was ever released to market. We couldn't plan for something that didn't exist yet nor were we planning to develop at the time.

It wasn't until the 4 series was released and brought in (late 2020) that the intake needed to be adapted to accomodate for a factory brace but at that point production was nearly complete with the initial G20 3 series release. At the same time the lower box was the same between both the 3 and 4 series so it was possible to have the valley version available to fit both. The braces followed suit although required different hardware seeing as the 3 series does not have tapped holes (factory never intended a brace to be fit). As a result we have a 3 series specific intake that is not compatible with braces and a 2/3/4 series compatible intake that is. We could kill off the flat lid one at this point but there is little reason to do so -- tooling is done and allows more bandwidth/production capacity. There is also a fair amount of folks, like myself, who find the flat lid version to be more attractive and preferred anyway even if it doesn't allow for the braces.
Appreciate 0