Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 2020 M340i Braking Issues

09-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #1
DanVlnStud
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

2020 M340i Braking Issues

Anybody experiencing noisy stop and go braking? It's becoming a challenge to brake smoothly and silently, and its starting to irritate me. The brakes grab and make a creaking and farty noise right before a complete and abrupt stop, and then upon release, they make the same sticky farty creaking noise, and its almost impossible to stop smooth.
I'm kind of frustrated because I had a 2019 330xdrive rental for two weeks that didn't have these issues.

My old e60 made those same sounds, but that car was old.

Does this car come with carbon-ceramic brakes? The SA said they make those sounds naturally. I didn't know the 2020 M340i came with carbon-ceramic brakes stock.

I'm currently driving a loaner that also doesn't have the same issues. I can't get the loaner which is another 330i to make that same sounds no matter how hard I try.

Someone, please tell me this is not normal.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 05:02 AM   #2
Jebk
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Could be glazed discs/pads. Have you tried giving it an Italian tuneup with a couple of hard stops?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #3
EXE46
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Carbon ceramic lol, no it does not come with those.

Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #4
DanVlnStud
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

I went to pick up my car and showed one of the mechanics the problem ina few seconds just pulling out of the driveway, and he instantly said they would inspect the issue another day. Got a call from the SA and he said it was completely normal, and I should call BMW Canada about the issue if I want. When I got the car back, about a quarter tank of my gas was gone and they put about 50km on my speedometer. This is Parkview BMW, wtf! I'm about to make videos about the issues.
Appreciate 0