Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions ECU contains software units not contained in SVK_soll

05-31-2023, 04:07 AM   #1
MarkoSK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330eX

ECU contains software units not contained in SVK_soll

Hi,

I've recently FDL coded BDC_BODY using eSys 3.40.2 and PSdZData 4.38.30, everything went ok, however I've noticed the following warning in the logs:

Quote:
SVK_ist for ECU BDC_BODY2_40 contains the following software units not contained in SVK_soll:
[cafd_000017bd-200_049_003, cafd_00001df7-006_024_071, cafd_00001df8-109_052_001].
SVK_soll is incomplete or ECU contains unexpected software units.
The car is a G01, X3 made in 2018 (I'm posting here, because coding in G20 has the largest community) which I have purchased as a used car directly from a BMW dealer a year ago.

The car is still in warranty and when I took it into service, the dealer tried to flash the newest software, however, he told me that ISTA-P shows the BDC unit as not genuine / foreign / retrofitted / etc. (I don't have the exact error message).

I think this cound be related with the warning eSys gave me. I haven't changed the BDC unit, or flashed it. The previous owner had a side collision and the right side door was exchanged for a brand new one - maybe the BDC unit was exchanged or manipulated in the past?

Is there something I can do - delete the extra CAFD files from BDC, update SVT_soll, etc.?

Thanks for any insight on how to solve this.
Appreciate 0