Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA 7/2019 software - Australian Experience

08-03-2019, 06:10 PM   #1
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

7/2019 software - Australian Experience

So I've been reading on the main forum that a few people have managed to upgrade to the July version of the software. Just wondering if any of our fellow aussies have it loaded on their G20 yet?

One thing I'm really interested in is native Spotify integration in IDrive that some people are getting:

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1639872

We don't seem to get connected music in idrive in the Australian cars, I wonder if this is part of it or a separate app in the car.

On a separate note, Apple CarPlay seems to be more stable after I deleted and repaired the phone while on the latest non beta ver 12.4 iOS.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
So I've been reading on the main forum that a few people have managed to upgrade to the July version of the software. Just wondering if any of our fellow aussies have it loaded on their G20 yet?

One thing I'm really interested in is native Spotify integration in IDrive that some people are getting:

We don't seem to get connected music in idrive in the Australian cars, I wonder if this is part of it or a separate app in the car.

On a separate note, Apple CarPlay seems to be more stable after I deleted and repaired the phone while on the latest non beta ver 12.4 iOS.
Not yet, but good to hear, My car will be back in the dealership in a couple of weeks for its windscreen replacement and software updates so fingers crossed.

A native Spotify app would be great though, we can dream.. Apple Car play has been really dodgy for myself, so I haven't been using it
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 05:51 AM   #3
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

I was told by my SA at BMW today that the 07/2019.xx update isn't for the G20... be good if they actually knew what they were talking about half the time before speaking :P
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Plenty of people in the US and Europe have the 07/2019.xx software updates on their vehicle.

There also seems to be a mix of what one get with the updates. Some people get the assisted driving view (similar to Tesla) and some don't. It's the same with Spotify integration. I suppose it depends on the market and equipment fitted.

Personally I'm going to wait a bit longer for them to sort out the bugs and also see how iOS 13 performs with it when it is released next month.

Keeping a close eyes on these forums 😬
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #5
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Plenty of people in the US and Europe have the 07/2019.xx software updates on their vehicle.

There also seems to be a mix of what one get with the updates. Some people get the assisted driving view (similar to Tesla) and some don't. It's the same with Spotify integration. I suppose it depends on the market and equipment fitted.

Personally I'm going to wait a bit longer for them to sort out the bugs and also see how iOS 13 performs with it when it is released next month.

Picked mine up today from having a new windscreen installed and few other issues addressed as well as requested a software update to the latest 07/2019.39

Picked vehicle up and said that although it said the update was available for my vehicle, BMW hasn't authorised it to be installed in Australia yet? Sounded a bit strange considering others are having it installed already.

Anyone in Australia had it installed yet?

On top of that, they didn't touch software yet CarPlay has gone and when connected to idrive, music and phone calls connect and disconnect continuously since I picked it up
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 06:33 AM   #6
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Quote:

Picked mine up today from having a new windscreen installed and few other issues addressed as well as requested a software update to the latest 07/2019.39

Picked vehicle up and said that although it said the update was available for my vehicle, BMW hasn't authorised it to be installed in Australia yet? Sounded a bit strange considering others are having it installed already.

On top of that, they didn't touch software yet CarPlay has gone and when connected to idrive, music and phone calls connect and disconnect continuously since I picked it up
07/2019.48 installed yest
Has ironed out many of the gremlins.
Online speech processing still a bit patchy but now has the "I'm tired" response actually working.
Connected app finally working except remote 3D still not budging.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Online speech processing still a bit patchy but now has the "I'm tired" response actually working.
That's interesting, what build month is your car and what state are you in, I'm still being told bmw haven't released it in Australia yet 🤦*♂️
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's interesting, what build month is your car and what state are you in, I'm still being told bmw haven't released it in Australia yet 🤦*♂️
Built in Dec 2018
Victoria
What state r u in?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #9
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did you get any new features/apps? Such as Spotify integrated in Idrive or the assisted driving view that we see on the main forum?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 12:49 AM   #10
BlackShadowKiwi
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI M40i

Quote:
Built in Dec 2018
Victoria
Can you post a photo confirming this, my dealer also saying no update available for any G20.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 02:26 AM   #11
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShadowKiwi View Post
Quote:
Built in Dec 2018
Victoria
Can you post a photo confirming this, my dealer also saying no update available for any G20.
.47 sorry my error
Not .48
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 02:29 AM   #12
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did you get any new features/apps? Such as Spotify integrated in Idrive or the assisted driving view that we see on the main forum?
Spotify has always been sitting there as an integrated idrive component - but I very rarely use it!
Haven't been out yet so can't tell u about the assisted driving view.
When it stops raining perhaps
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #13
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks for reply. So you've had Spotify in iDrive since before the update? I thought integrated Spotify was taken out when BMW moved to idrive 7 in the G series cars. Some people in Europe were starting to get Spotify integration back after the July update and it seems to use the data from the onboard SIM card.

At the moment, I can only either play Spotify via Bluetooth (no car control apart from next or previous tracks) or has full control via Apple CarPlay (which is buggy).

I think I'm going to wait till the final iOS 13 in a few weeks time and see how it goes. Rumours has it that it's a lot more stable even on previous idrive software versions.

My dealer service department has not answered my emails regarding this and I don't have time to take the car in for just a software update when everything else is working fine. Hopefully we will see OTA updates enabled soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #14
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Built in Dec 2018
Victoria
What state r u in?
Ah ok WA here
So much inconsistency between what dealerships are saying regarding the update. Ive still been told no update available 🤦*♂️
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 07:20 AM   #15
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't look like assisted driving view is in this 07/19.47 update
I can still only see the green path indicating distance from front vehicle when in motion
Have noticed though that the screen mirroring keeps asking for some app called miracast? Anybody got that popping up?
Appreciate 1
achk132.50
      09-10-2019, 02:51 AM   #16
BlackShadowKiwi
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI M40i

So, interesting. My car went in fora Bluetooth software fix, and came out with 07/2019.47.

No Spotify, but I don’t use it anyhow. No assisted driving view change, but Aust doesn’t get the full Assisted drive system Europe gets.

Maps on the main display have improved greatly.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 05:02 AM   #17
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShadowKiwi View Post
So, interesting. My car went in fora Bluetooth software fix, and came out with 07/2019.47.

No Spotify, but I don't use it anyhow. No assisted driving view change, but Aust doesn't get the full Assisted drive system Europe gets.

Maps on the main display have improved greatly.

How's ur screen mirroring functioning? Do you have this Miracast thing ?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #18
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can still only see the green path indicating distance from front vehicle when in motion
Have noticed though that the screen mirroring keeps asking for some app called miracast? Anybody got that popping up?
iOS doesn't support miracast, they use airplay etc
I haven't tried it but I'm sure you can download an app for it to work. I believe it's native for Android
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2019, 03:43 AM   #19
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

iOS doesn't support miracast, they use airplay etc
I haven't tried it but I'm sure you can download an app for it to work. I believe it's native for Android
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #20
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Had a week now with 7/2019.55 and can report that Apple Carplay (iOS 13.1.2) is connecting significantly quicker 95% of the time. Once in awhile it took longer, probably because phone is still lingering on the WiFi whilst downloading something. There are fewer drop outs (around toll points), but reconnect quickly.

Most of the settings remained with the car upgrading from 3/2019.45 to 7/2019.55. The only things I've noticed are my seat memory settings and the adaptive cruise defaulted back to 3 bar distance.

Remote 3D view is a bit of a hit and miss (maybe due to data reception of where I normally park?) But the lock/unlock functions seem to work better.

No native Spotify but with ACP functioning better now, it's not necessary.

When the car is shut down down, iDrive sends up a notofocation and asks if I want to run auxillary ventilation. Not a bad idea if leaving the car for short period in warmer weather. The function was there before deep in the AC menu, but now it's more convenient.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #21
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Had a week now with 7/2019.55 and can report that Apple Carplay (iOS 13.1.2) is connecting significantly quicker 95% of the time. Once in awhile it took longer, probably because phone is still lingering on the WiFi whilst downloading something. There are fewer drop outs (around toll points), but reconnect quickly.

Most of the settings remained with the car upgrading from 3/2019.45 to 7/2019.55. The only things I've noticed are my seat memory settings and the adaptive cruise defaulted back to 3 bar distance.

Remote 3D view is a bit of a hit and miss (maybe due to data reception of where I normally park?) But the lock/unlock functions seem to work better.

When the car is shut down down, iDrive sends up a notofocation and asks if I want to run auxillary ventilation. Not a bad idea if leaving the car for short period in warmer weather. The function was there before deep in the AC menu, but now it's more convenient.
Sounds like things on the improve.
Has ur remote 3D actually worked at any time?
I'm still stuck at the Welt in a 5 series...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 03:44 AM   #22
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like things on the improve.
Has ur remote 3D actually worked at any time?
I'm still stuck at the Welt in a 5 series...
I think it only ever worked twice out of a few hundred attempts since I got the car 😂
Appreciate 0