Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge The Official 2019 NFL Thread/Season

08-20-2019, 11:10 AM   #23
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Well I will say this... There are multiple teams I have on my watch list besides my Cowboys:

Browns-- I like Baker and want to see what he can do with all those weapons
Cards - my history with Kylers dad
Raiders - Football Soap Opera at its best
Panthers - always been a fan of Cam
Tampa Bay - I want to see what Arians can do coming out of retirement.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #24
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 18 Camaro SS 08 CR-V

Kinda funny how nobody even mentions the Eagles in this forum. LOL

"Let the games begin"
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 12:22 PM   #25
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
Kinda funny how nobody even mentions the PATRIOTS in this forum. LOL

"Let the games begin"
FTFY.
      08-20-2019, 12:34 PM   #26
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
FTFY.
Still hurts does it? 2017.....

Last edited by PA135ii; 08-20-2019 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #27
JJR4884
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 330Ci | F32 435i

Quote:
Didn't even hurt when it happened. Not for me at least. Sounds super cocky but losing that superbowl was like losing the AFC wildcard. The fact they they are in the SB so much and have won and lost a decent amount already, the loss doesn't sting nearly as much as say, a Falcons fan or fan of a team who rarely gets to the SB. Not as a dig to any Falcons fans, but after Brady got his 5th and staged that insane comeback, anything after that for me is just playing with house money. More would be great, but if not - who cares. They've proven enough.

So it can be a blessing or a curse I guess. Blessed from all the success but cursed because its not as special after all these SB appearances. All i know is that I'm extremely lucky for this unprecedented length of success so whether they make it to the SB, win, lose, or even the playoffs - i'm just going to enjoy it while they are competitive since thats what this game is all about. Once TB12 and/or BB are gone, its really hit or miss as to how the culture and success of the team will continue.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 01:10 PM   #28
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Didn't even hurt when it happened. Not for me at least. Sounds super cocky but losing that superbowl was like losing the AFC wildcard. The fact they they are in the SB so much and have won and lost a decent amount already, the loss doesn't sting nearly as much as say, a Falcons fan or fan of a team who rarely gets to the SB. Not as a dig to any Falcons fans, but after Brady got his 5th and staged that insane comeback, anything after that for me is just playing with house money. More would be great, but if not - who cares. They've proven enough.

So it can be a blessing or a curse I guess. Blessed from all the success but cursed because its not as special after all these SB appearances. All i know is that I'm extremely lucky for this unprecedented length of success so whether they make it to the SB, win, lose, or even the playoffs - i'm just going to enjoy it while they are competitive since thats what this game is all about. Once TB12 and/or BB are gone, its really hit or miss as to how the culture and success of the team will continue.
Your correct, once TB is gone it will be much much harder for them.

I will say this though. NE is very fortunate for being in the weakest division in football. probably for the better part of the last 25 years. that helps them a lot. basically 6 wins in the bank every year.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #29
JJR4884
Private
Rep

Quote:
Your correct, once TB is gone it will be much much harder for them.

I will say this though. NE is very fortunate for being in the weakest division in football. probably for the better part of the last 25 years. that helps them a lot. basically 6 wins in the bank every year.
this is a fairly common misconception actually - NE's record against the AFC East isn't their highest win percentage. I don't have all the stats but have seen it enough to know that there are several other divisions out there that are consistently worse than the fins/jets/bills. If they were .900 against the AFC east I'd be singing a different tune, but they win more against a few other divisions.

Quick search:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/co...easy_afc_east/

One thing I will say that the Patriots rarely have another playoff contender in the AFC East. This isn't uncommon. Its not like Baltimore and Pittsburgh are neck and neck EVERY single year but typically for the AFC North, they are competitive. A lot of division winners stand alone where only a couple divisions will have top 2 contenders of their division year after year. The patriots definitely stand alone in their division a lot more than anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 02:10 PM   #30
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
this is a fairly common misconception actually - NE's record against the AFC East isn't their highest win percentage. I don't have all the stats but have seen it enough to know that there are several other divisions out there that are consistently worse than the fins/jets/bills. If they were .900 against the AFC east I'd be singing a different tune, but they win more against a few other divisions.

Quick search:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/co...easy_afc_east/

One thing I will say that the Patriots rarely have another playoff contender in the AFC East. This isn't uncommon. Its not like Baltimore and Pittsburgh are neck and neck EVERY single year but typically for the AFC North, they are competitive. A lot of division winners stand alone where only a couple divisions will have top 2 contenders of their division year after year. The patriots definitely stand alone in their division a lot more than anyone else.
We will agree to disagree. The AFC East has been the weakest division in football for the last 20 years. The Pats catch a break there. Fins, Bills, And the JETS... lol
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      08-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #31
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits View Post
2002, went 9-7 and lost in the wildcard game to the Steelers 36-33.

Mayfield comes off as a tool but our previous QB Manziel running around making dollar signs with his hands after a first down isn't?

I'm not 100% sold on OBJ yet as well because of those issues but we'll see.

Mayfield proved his worth last season. Even during the Redskins game this year, we told them ahead of time "Hey, our first possession will be run like a 2 minute drill so look out" and he still walked all over them WITHOUT OBJ or Landry on the field so...
Some analysts claim Mayfield to be a top 10 QB already. Sorry but he hasn’t shown much to be labeled that high. He’s a young talent that could be special down the line but the thought of them making/winning the Super Bowl this season, I don’t see it. Manziel was/is a clown. Maybe Dallas should sign him for more back page/ESPN news.

Was Derek Anderson the Browns QB in 2002? I can see the Browns MAYBE having a bettter record over Baltimore. Their QB is the X factor but the Steelers should rebound as I see Big Ben having a big year.

As for my Giants, OL and linebackers are the key. Eli still has the arm to move the ball but whatever happens, this will be his last season on the Fiants. Jones will take over in 2020. Giants have a shot at the playoffs but I’m thinking no because of their OL.

Redskins, I don’t see them making noise.
Philly..better hope Wentz doesn’t get injured again.
Dallas...playoff team that always folds early.
Miami (since they are big here..no shit)...tank season unless they play Rosen and see if he’s their future QB.
Jets....I predict no playoffs but 9-7 with progress going into 2020.
Raiders....they stink and I think the game has passed by Chucky.
Steelers...playoffs
Pats...Brady will be abducted by aliens but they’ll still win the SB.
Texans...Mariota will lose his starting job to Tannehill.
Bucs....no playoffs
49ers...no playoffs
Seattle SeaChickens...playoffs if they run with it instead of passing on this season and looking ahead Mr.SugarSkulls
Colts...Luck is overrated.
Arizona...please lol.
Bears...playoffs
Bills...No
Texans....playoffs
Chargers...Rivers can’t get over the NE hump.
Falcons...SB still haunts them but they’ll be in the playoffs.
Chiefs....playoffs but no SB. Andy Reid, some things aren’t meant to be.
Jags....interesting to see how Foles does in a full season. I’ll say playoffs.
Rams...should rebound but SB again? No.
Panthers...Cam will rebound and make the playoffs.
Saints...playoffs.
Bengals.........fill in the blanks.

Ok I’m done.

Last edited by F30lolz; 08-20-2019 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #32
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We will agree to disagree. The AFC East has been the weakest division in football for the last 20 years. The Pats catch a break there. Fins, Bills, And the JETS... lol
Still crazy when Brady went down game 1 2008 season they still went 11-5 but no playoffs. Remind me again how that happened?!

Yeah the Pats have been fortunate to be in the same division with the three stooges.

Dolphins have been mediocre forever.
Jets have a bright future IMHO.
Bills should have won at least one of those 4 SB’s
Appreciate 1
PA135ii236.00
      08-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #33
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

No mention of anyone besides Bears in NFC North? Guess thats not TOO surprising.....but not even Vikes?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #34
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

I don't know how many years in a row people continue to buy in on the Browns only to be disappointed. They're not going to the playoffs. The ravens will take the division and steelers will probably wild card it. Bengals are trash.

I think the Giants take NFCE this year but I'm a homer. I think the Cowboys and Redskins will be ass and I doubt Wentz will stay healthy. I think the Eagles offense takes a step back.

Now that the Odell Beckham and Landon Collins cancer is gone, our locker room is going to be solid.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 04:05 PM   #35
JJR4884
Private
Rep

Quote:
The jets made it to the playoffs twice in the early 2010’s right? Definitely agree to disagree especially when you look at the total wins in each division say otherwise. The AFC is definitely sub par - but not the worst.

Regardless I don’t think a better division would change the success of the patriots by a noticeable margin. Patriots lost 5 games last year, all to teams that didn’t make the playoffs which makes no sense, however they won when they were playing good teams. Brady’s record vs Manning/Rothlesberger/etc is severely outweighed by wins. If their losses to really good teams were high and their winning percentage against crap teams (AFC East) was their highest, then I would credit their success to a crap division. Fortunately that just isn’t the case. They beat good teams often especially when they are the underdog.

Last edited by JJR4884; 08-20-2019 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #36
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I don't know how many years in a row people continue to buy in on the Browns only to be disappointed. They're not going to the playoffs. The ravens will take the division and steelers will probably wild card it. Bengals are trash.

I think the Giants take NFCE this year but I'm a homer. I think the Cowboys and Redskins will be ass and I doubt Wentz will stay healthy. I think the Eagles offense takes a step back.

Now that the Odell Beckham and Landon Collins cancer is gone, our locker room is going to be solid.
locker room might be solid, but the team wont be.

top 5 draft pick here you come. maybe you can get an actual 1st round qb this next time.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
Dagamus_NM1639.50
      08-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #37
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
FTFY.
No, no...

It's worse then that. I initially typed in REDSKINS. But I couldn't even leave that in there. So I put in the first team that popped to mind.

The Redskins are so bad. The owner killed that team. Yet he's still young, so basically there's no hope in sight for any Redskins fan.

:Sadddddd:
      08-20-2019, 06:21 PM   #38
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Major congrats to this young man! One of my favorite players not only on my Team but in all of Football! His story is a will and testament of Faith, Hard Work and doing the Right things on and off the field! Hey Zeke... Learn from this guy!

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/08/20/...-jaylon-smith/

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...ract-extension
      08-20-2019, 09:56 PM   #39
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I can see the Giants having a better record than the Redskins, neck and neck with Dallas (if OL holds it’s own) but the Eagles are still the team to beat in the NFC East. However, if Wentz goes down, its for the taking.

Remember Shockey? Giants got rid of his ass and they were better. OBJ leaving opens the door for other Giant playmakers to really show their game

Barkley
Engram
Shepard
Tate (if he doesn’t take any more illegal substances)

OL is the damn key to this team.
Appreciate 1
PA135ii236.00
      08-20-2019, 10:03 PM   #40
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

The hate is REAL, LOL!

Ain't no foking way Dallas is not the favorite to win its Division. And depending upon health, then some.
This is a foregone conclusion by most sports analysts.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 12:16 AM   #41
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
The hate is REAL, LOL!

Ain't no foking way Dallas is not the favorite to win its Division. And depending upon health, then some.
This is a foregone conclusion by most sports analysts.
And lose early in the playoffs as always? Remember, this is a FACT.

Deal.
Appreciate 1
PA135ii236.00
      08-21-2019, 07:19 AM   #42
baconbits
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
And once the Browns make the playoffs, their fans, myself included, will never be called fair weather fans.

7-8-1 with an interim head coach for 11 games after an 0-16 season is a pretty big rebound. I can't understand how they're being counted out when almost every analyst says the Browns have the best receivers in the league with a future franchise QB. Having a QB that can get the ball out of his hands in less than 10 minutes takes a lot of pressure off the o-line so that excuse is now void.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #43
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
OBJ is fragile, gets hurt every season. ‘Lettuce’ pray he stays on the field.

But, he’s a clown/drops lots of passes and that one handed catch from 2014 still gets much clout even though the Giants lost that game against Dallas. He would rather look great and lose than win with no highlights.

Last edited by F30lolz; 08-21-2019 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #44
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
locker room might be solid, but the team wont be.

top 5 draft pick here you come. maybe you can get an actual 1st round qb this next time.
Not sure how long you've been watching football but the Giants have picked in the top 5 like 12~ times in the last hundred years.

I can't wait to see all of you eating crow as it relates to Daniel Jones. It has already begun.

That being said, we were the best offense in the NFCE last year. With Zeitler and Remmers we should be even better.

Our biggest concern is pass rush but Carter and Ximines should be putting some nice pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits View Post
And once the Browns make the playoffs, their fans, myself included, will never be called fair weather fans.

7-8-1 with an interim head coach for 11 games after an 0-16 season is a pretty big rebound. I can't understand how they're being counted out when almost every analyst says the Browns have the best receivers in the league with a future franchise QB. Having a QB that can get the ball out of his hands in less than 10 minutes takes a lot of pressure off the o-line so that excuse is now void.
I'm not even trying to say anything bad about the Browns. They've just got to dig themselves out of a serious hole. They bounced back really well by nailing a few drafts but I don't think you'll be going to the playoffs the first year with Freddie Kitchens.
Appreciate 0