Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Coding audio upgrade

07-25-2021, 05:48 AM   #1
asarkisian
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Coding audio upgrade

Hello

I have a 2015 228i with HiFi audio and amp in the trunk. I just upgraded all my stock speakers to HK midranges and added tweeters in front and rear deck and disabled the center speaker.

My question is are there any specific coding changes I should make with Bimmercode? Under headunit expert mode, I see Audio_System with selections such as hifi, top-hifi, hifi_system_harmankardon, etc.

Bare in mind I did not change the amp or the woofers that came standard with the HiFi. Just curious if I need to do any specific tweaks to yield any benefits from this upgrade. Since my old system didn't have tweeters, I would imagine proper coding would be needed for balanced sound.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 05:22 PM   #2
clone1008
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarkisian View Post
Hello

I have a 2015 228i with HiFi audio and amp in the trunk. I just upgraded all my stock speakers to HK midranges and added tweeters in front and rear deck and disabled the center speaker.

My question is are there any specific coding changes I should make with Bimmercode? Under headunit expert mode, I see Audio_System with selections such as hifi, top-hifi, hifi_system_harmankardon, etc.

Bare in mind I did not change the amp or the woofers that came standard with the HiFi. Just curious if I need to do any specific tweaks to yield any benefits from this upgrade. Since my old system didn't have tweeters, I would imagine proper coding would be needed for balanced sound.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Wrong forum bro, you should post your question here...

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=578
Appreciate 0