Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Niner football!!!

02-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #639
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
absolutely, Superbowl is the NFC championship
for all the hate our fan bases have shared the past 2 years i think its good for the nfl and for us that both teams have validated ourselves in the nfl as the best teams. I wish we won it last year so that way we could have the 2 last championships but man washington must be going insane right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
broncos completely took away lynch, too.

hopefully sherm's ankle isnt too bad. Although i think having the lombardy should help the healing process.
not gonna lie it was weird seeing him in crutches. The dude has been so good it doesnt seem right to see him finish the game in a boot. Similar to the bowman situation 2 weeks ago

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 12:26 AM   #640
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
LOB!!!!!
amazing display and win tonight seahawks

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #641
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Take browner out of that pic. Doesnt deserve to be in it. Had a chance to be a champion but repeatedly fucked up.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #642
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

...and the next man up, with Maxwell, we didn't miss a beat.
Hell he's better than Browner!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #643
rennis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4

SEAHAWKS!!!!

I am still in shock. Cannot believe we have a trophy. I honestly didn't think I'd ever see it in my life, and I've been a fan since the early 80s.

:happydance:
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #644
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Yeah pretty epic. Seems like fans here handled it well. Didn't get a chance to loot or riot or anything!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #645
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

anyone going to the parade? i wish i could go.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #646
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Congratulations, Seahawks!

As much as I dislike Sherman, I was sorry to see him carted off the field, and as much as I dislike the Hawks, because the are a thorn in the 49er's back, I say congratulations to the Hawks for dismantling the Broncos in the SB. It was well deserved; I just wish it was the 49er's instead.

FWIW, I'm going to add the following which I posted elsewhere on Yahoo Sports regarding Peyton Manning and the Bronco's loss to the Hawks. I'm not a Peyton fan in particular, but a lot is being talked about as to whether Peyton's loss somehow diminishes his "legacy." I don't think it matters and here what I have to say on that.

Take it FWIW:

"Football is a team sport but the quarterbacks usually get all the blame and the glory. Fact, is Manning didn't lose the SB yesterday, the Broncos (as a team) did.

There was the failure of the O-line to give Manning time to throw (not to mention the bone head snap/safety to start the game) which would have prevented at least 2 INTs and 1 fumble; the failure of the D-line and backfield to get to Wilson and to keep Seattle from running up the points on top of the TO points; and the failure of the Special Teams unit to prevent that run back for a touchdown.

The REAL reason for all of these "failures" was not Manning. It was the inability of the Bronco's O-line to deal w/Seattle's overwhelming defense and the failure of the D-line, the D-backs and Special Teams to shut down the Hawks competent (but hardly frightening) offense in order to at least keep the game close and to give the Broncos a chance to come back. Never happened.

IMHO, the REAL Superbowl this year was played a couple of weeks ago between the Hawks and the 49ers. The Hawks barely won that game but they won it on a key defensive play, that secured the win for them. It was a hard fought game against the 2 premier defensive teams in the league and proved once again that it's great defense (not offense) that wins football games.

Manning is nonetheless a future HOF quarterback. Unfortunately, he only has 1 SB win (so far), which puts him above both Marino and Kelly (both NFL HOFers) who have NO SB wins in the 5 SB appearances between them and no one is going to say that they were not GREAT quarterbacks in their time.

So, I agree w/the author of the article, when he says that Peyton Manning's "legacy" (or record) is not diminished by this loss. It certainly is NOT enhanced by it, but what he has done so far in the NFL is a matter of record and he stands among (albeit not at the top of the list of) the best quarterbacks in NFL history."
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #647
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingshiftworker View Post
As much as I dislike Sherman, I was sorry to see him carted off the field, and as much as I dislike the Hawks, because the are a thorn in the 49er's back, I say congratulations to the Hawks for dismantling the Broncos in the SB. It was well deserved; I just wish it was the 49er's instead.

FWIW, I'm going to add the following which I posted elsewhere on Yahoo Sports regarding Peyton Manning and the Bronco's loss to the Hawks. I'm not a Peyton fan in particular, but a lot is being talked about as to whether Peyton's loss somehow diminishes his "legacy." I don't think it matters and here what I have to say on that.

Take it FWIW:

"Football is a team sport but the quarterbacks usually get all the blame and the glory. Fact, is Manning didn't lose the SB yesterday, the Broncos (as a team) did.

There was the failure of the O-line to give Manning time to throw (not to mention the bone head snap/safety to start the game) which would have prevented at least 2 INTs and 1 fumble; the failure of the D-line and backfield to get to Wilson and to keep Seattle from running up the points on top of the TO points; and the failure of the Special Teams unit to prevent that run back for a touchdown.

The REAL reason for all of these "failures" was not Manning. It was the inability of the Bronco's O-line to deal w/Seattle's overwhelming defense and the failure of the D-line, the D-backs and Special Teams to shut down the Hawks competent (but hardly frightening) offense in order to at least keep the game close and to give the Broncos a chance to come back. Never happened.

IMHO, the REAL Superbowl this year was played a couple of weeks ago between the Hawks and the 49ers. The Hawks barely won that game but they won it on a key defensive play, that secured the win for them. It was a hard fought game against the 2 premier defensive teams in the league and proved once again that it's great defense (not offense) that wins football games.

Manning is nonetheless a future HOF quarterback. Unfortunately, he only has 1 SB win (so far), which puts him above both Marino and Kelly (both NFL HOFers) who have NO SB wins in the 5 SB appearances between them and no one is going to say that they were not GREAT quarterbacks in their time.

So, I agree w/the author of the article, when he says that Peyton Manning's "legacy" (or record) is not diminished by this loss. It certainly is NOT enhanced by it, but what he has done so far in the NFL is a matter of record and he stands among (albeit not at the top of the list of) the best quarterbacks in NFL history."
AMEN!
the hawks made fans of defense extremely proud with how dominating they played. It was shocking at how quick they were able to swarm to the ball and make tackles. If they went 3 and out every single drive on offense they would have still won the game handedly. And thats going against the number 1 offense in the league. Astonishing and extremely impressive. I hope this motivates my niners that we can do it next year!

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #648
rennis
Captain
Rep

Quote:
anyone going to the parade? i wish i could go.
yup!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #649
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
That defense = MVP. The entire defense did work.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #650
yakuza70
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i coupe

Congrats to Seattle! The first championship is always the most special.

Despite the record breaking offense, Denver hadn't faced a defense like Seattle's (and San Francisco and Carolina) so I'm not too surprised they struggled. I have to take my hat off to Seattle as they played a near perfect game in the most important game possible.

I think we're going to see other teams try to emulate the defensive style of Seattle/San Francisco/Carolina in the coming years. It will be interesting to see there will be a shift in the ratio of defensive vs. offensive players drafted in this year's draft.
      02-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #651
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuza70 View Post
Congrats to Seattle! The first championship is always the most special.

Despite the record breaking offense, Denver hadn't faced a defense like Seattle's (and San Francisco and Carolina) so I'm not too surprised they struggled. I have to take my hat off to Seattle as they played a near perfect game in the most important game possible.

I think we're going to see other teams try to emulate the defensive style of Seattle/San Francisco/Carolina in the coming years. It will be interesting to see there will be a shift in the ratio of defensive vs. offensive players drafted in this year's draft.
I think you are right. Others will try the recipe we followed this year. I thought it was going to take a couple turnovers, 1 big special team play and our offense to show up for us to even have a chance and it seemed almost too easy. It was boring but I wasn't stressed about it either like the nfc championship game. First is sweet!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #652
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
yup!!

wow, have fun and be safe bud.

take some pics, vids if you can.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #653
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I think you are right. Others will try the recipe we followed this year. I thought it was going to take a couple turnovers, 1 big special team play and our offense to show up for us to even have a chance and it seemed almost too easy. It was boring but I wasn't stressed about it either like the nfc championship game. First is sweet!
we had a couple easy SB's and a nail biter, a win is a win at the end! probably the most dominant game ive seen by any team in the past 3-4 seasons

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 12:51 AM   #654
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
we had a couple easy SB's and a nail biter, a win is a win at the end! probably the most dominant game ive seen by any team in the past 3-4 seasons
My favorite lopsided SB win is still SB #24 when the 49ers (Montana) beat the Broncos (Elway) 55-10 way back in 1990. Yeah, I know. I'm living in the past.

It was "only" 43-8 this time. Too bad it had to happen to the Broncos, again. Wonder what Elway was thinking when he was watching the game.

Deja vu, all over again?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #655
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingshiftworker View Post

My favorite lopsided SB win is still SB #24 when the 49ers (Montana) beat the Broncos (Elway) 55-10 way back in 1990. Yeah, I know. I'm living in the past.

It was "only" 43-8 this time. Too bad it had to happen to the Broncos, again. Wonder what Elway was thinking when he was watching the game. Deja vu, all over again?
i think so, i thought of that also. another beat down. broncos havent had that great of success once at the big game.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 06:10 AM   #656
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Will be interesting to see how thid years draft will be. Defense defense defense!!! My favorite player is kam chancellor. My god he blasts anything that moves. Anyone have the clip of him hitting welker caysing that incompletion??
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #657
rennis
Captain
Rep

I know this is completely childish of me...but I can't help myself. I just want to remember that a lot of fans with allegiance to teams other than Seattle thought RS and the Seattle Secondary was going to be torched by Manning. I think Chancellor was the MVP of the game, but RS shut Decker down.

Either way, I don't see how any team out of the AFC will compete with any NFC West team for the forseeable future, short of IND making a lot of moves on the defensive side of the ball.

Quote:
Like him or not, this is absolutely not going to happen, and you sound pretty silly making that claim. Sherman will shutdown whoever plays the right side of that field, and Manning will have 2/3 of a field to play with, just as every other QB who faced Seattle did this year. He better hope Maxwell fucks up, because it's going to be a long day if Seattle's secondary gets in ol' Manning's dome. If Seattle's front 6 gets pressure on him?

Oh, and Denver's defense is about on-par with Saint Louis's (the worst in the NFC West), which will be refreshing for Seattle's offense. Wilson's had some struggles lately, but he's been through a who's-who of Defenses since early December. Denver better not come into this game cocky, that's all I'm going to say.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #658
rennis
Captain
Rep

Quote:
wow, have fun and be safe bud.

take some pics, vids if you can.
Thanks and will do!

Only season ticket holders are getting into the stadium for the big party, but I'll myself into the parade somehow.

I've heard estimates of the crowd... 300k on the low end, and 500k+ on the high end.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #659
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know this is completely childish of me...but I can't help myself. I just want to remember that a lot of fans with allegiance to teams other than Seattle thought RS and the Seattle Secondary was going to be torched by Manning. I think Chancellor was the MVP of the game, but RS shut Decker down.

Either way, I don't see how any team out of the AFC will compete with any NFC West team for the forseeable future, short of IND making a lot of moves on the defensive side of the ball.
i think you were responding to me. To be honest i was completely expecting peyton and their receivers to have your number on defense. Considering how wrong i was im extremely impressed with Seattles Defense in the game.

Ill be a man and admit when i was wrong, and ohh boy was i wrong lol

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #660
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aston V8VS, F85 X5M, TVR, 128i

This is the first year that I've really watched football (I'm a rugby fan); I'm a Brit that moved to Seattle 6 years ago. I've watched every Seahawks game this year and have really been drawn into the sport. For me the Superbowl was fantastic. I will be at the street party tomorrow.

On a side note, the rugby six nations is on at the moment and BBC America are showing some games. IF you want to see them all you can on Ustream.
Appreciate 0