Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G20 Headlight replacement advice

02-13-2024, 11:04 AM   #1
RlaskowM340
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

G20 Headlight replacement advice

Hey yall,

Recently picked up my first BMW a 2020 m340i! Absolutely inlove with the car!

I noticed the first time I drove the car in the rain the passenger side headlight fogged up and after some fourm research decided it was bad enough to take to a dealer to have them replace under warranty.

I left the car with them and they said it was covered and ordered a replacement. During installation the tech noticed a sticker indicating the assembly was OEM but had been replaced by the previous owner (probably had a minor front end collision not on the car fax). They wanted 3200ish to replace it and I declined as that feels absurd for non laser headlights.

After some deliberation I have decided on 3 options:

1: buy OEM part off eBay for 700ish, but I am wondering if it will need to be programmed and mated to the car in some way?

2: buy aftermarket “laser” headlights from semi sketch company. https://x.alibaba.com/AviUjh?ck=pdp but these most likely require extensive programming as they will throw codes.

3. Remove the sticker and take to another dealer? I’m sure this wouldn’t work as it was probably noted in my service record.

What would you do in my situation?

Photo of fog attached:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 11:32 AM   #2
Assassin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340d MHT xDrive

Stick with OEM as some of the aftermarket laser lamps have cause issues, they have to have the correct controllers and require coding to the car. I would go with one of these instead...............plug n play and save some cash for other mods.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...dlamp&_sacat=0
Appreciate 0