Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires PS4 ZP Experiences?

03-12-2024, 12:15 PM   #1
scotthilly
scotthilly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i 6MT

PS4 ZP Experiences?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ZP (runflat), especially compared to PS4S/PS4AS/PS4?

Run flats are typically garbage but I'm curious if the PS4's are finally a run flat that performs well. I believe this is one of very rare circumstances where a run flat is made of a genuinely good tire - it's typically runflats of already crappy tires (p zeros, conti sportcontact, etc).

Looking specifically for ride comfort, noise, and traction. These will actually go on my e90 which has 35 series sidewalls and I live in Chicago where roads are garbage. It's one of very few scenario's where a run flat makes sense.

Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 06:19 AM   #2
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330d Xdrive

I have had PS4 ZP and PS5 non-runflat on my F20 and there was only a negligible difference in ride quality. As grip, handling and performance both were superb. I even might be preferring the feel of stiffer ZP sidewall.
Appreciate 1