Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Chirping Sound! Any Ideas?

09-06-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i Gran Coupe

Chirping Sound! Any Ideas?

Hi all. So hopefully I can describe this issue so it makes sense.

Recently every morning there is this slight chirping sound that can be heard inside the car. It literally sounds like a cricket is in the car. Sometimes it's barely noticeable and sometimes its a little louder (passenger can hear it). I've ruled out the possibility of it being a rattle because it instantly goes away when the engine reaches operating temp. The noise does not happen for the rest of the day (no matter how many times the car is started). Even if the car sits off for the rest of the day and is "cold started" again that same day the sound is not there. But, every morning the sound is present until operating temp (it's also not a constant chirping sound, it's intermittent until operating temp).

So what could this possibly be?! I'm easily able to live with it because it take 4-5 minutes to reach operating temp and the noise to go away but it's driving me crazy to know what the sound could be.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 1
G20NZ34.50