Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Patriots Fans...

02-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #45
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I have to admit the walking off before it was over was in pretty childish taste. I know they shook hands and I would be pissed too, BUT you are supposed to be professionals.

I think he was in shock.
      02-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #46
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Boy View Post
Like I said, if you saw the replays you would of seen the Giants with the false start, the face mask, etc.

Actually, the defensive line can move before the snap, as long as they aren't inside the neutral zone when the ball is snapped, and they can't touch the o-line before the snap. The play you're talking about where the DE lifted his hand and the o-linemen jumped up is perfectly legal and was called correctly.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #47
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

He's just a really sore loser...NFC East Defense > AFC Anything
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #48
superman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i silver

Good game, dissapointed the Pats lost. My nephew who is only 13 cried when the Giants scored there final touchdown, felt bad for the little guy. Football is like that. The Pats had their chance to intercept the ball a few times on the Giants last drive, and Manning got lucky with that one bomb he threw. Oh well, thats why they play the games.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #49
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 91' 850i

Garage List
1991 850i  [7.75]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
Whatever...It's always standard Procedure to blame the refs for any teams superbowl loss. The refs actually did a damn good job of officiating. The facemask was blatent and the false start was a lack of focus...as long as the defense stays out of the neutral zone they can do pretty much anything they want. Same could be said about the linebacker getting off the field...personally I thought he got off, but whatever...evenly called game last night.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #50
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
refs had nothing to do with it. Giants made plays (catches, sacks, pressure, td's), and NE didn't make the plays (all those int's they dropped).
      02-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #51
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
refs had nothing to do with it. Giants made plays (catches, sacks, pressure, td's), and NE didn't make the plays (all those int's they dropped).
Exactly!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #52
liliej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi/Graphite/Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNEBO View Post
Ha HA!!! I bet they videotaped that one! I'm from Upstate NY... and am a miserable Bills fan. But anything from NY rules! Congrats Giants.
Go Bills!!! I lived in Buffalo through all four SB losses (horrible). I've always rooted against the Giants since the "Norwide" incident in '91, and was actually going to be consistent, and root for the Pats this time... until I rememberd how the Pats ran up the score on the Bills (56-10) in week 7... after which I decided to root for the Giants (first time ever).

This is a great example of karma coming back to bite a classless team, representing a classless city.
      02-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #53
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I'm not hiding in my cage...I haven't be in the forum lately
congrats to the Giants and Pats did played a shitty game...no doubt

Now about Pats fan talking shit...I never talked shit about other teams (maybe others did), I just defended the Pats as a New England fan when words were thrown around about running up the scores...etc.

dont matter cuz either outcome you ppl are going to hate the pats anyways, if pats won, you gonna say they cheat.

18-0 then failed in the superbowl will be laughed at in the history of NFL, but they still have 3 superbowl rings and broke some records regardless

peace
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #54
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
lol, i love you Giants fans you talk shit about your QB now you suck his dick.

It was a fluke, just like peyton mannings.

Yes I am a Pats fan and a little biased. But seriously 18-1 means nothing? Like to see the Giants even get a decent record.

Point is Moss and Brady are back for a second year so look out.

I see a super bowl win next year. Whoever says they have no chance is just a blinded fan.

But enjoy it, next season comes fast.

And i love how the refs make horrible calls especially for offsides...yet no one cares. But when the refs were in the Pats favor everyone bitched.
      02-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #55
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

^ 18-1 really doesnt mean anything because all people will remember is who won the Superbowl. Seriously 18-0 was impressive until they lost the one game that counted the most. Now it's like 18-1? ehhh...

Brady & Moss can be back for the next 10 years and that still doesnt really phase anything. I mean think about it, Moss got double & triple coverages in the SB because he was pretty much their primary weapon. If you use someone too much sooner or later your opponents will figure out a way to stop him. Also, other teams will get better players and thus present more of a threat next season. Besides, I dont think the Patriots can get any better as many on their teams are past their prime now. That and since they dont get the 1st round draft pick, I dont think their team could get any better.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #56
WAYNEBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
It too was hard for me to root for the New Jersey Giants. I have no ill will towards Pats players or fans.. in fact I lived closer to N.E. (Vermont) than Buffalo, but the running up of scores this year really cemented my belief that Belicheck is just a fucking prick that got what he deserved. If Brady would have busted a leg in the 4th quarter of that ridiculous game, Billy Boy would not have even been in the playoffs. After he's gone, I'll prolly have a soft spot for them again, like the other AFC East teams. But then again, when their stars eventually fade, and they are just another team... KARMA IS A BITCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliej View Post
Go Bills!!! I lived in Buffalo through all four SB losses (horrible). I've always rooted against the Giants since the "Norwide" incident in '91, and was actually going to be consistent, and root for the Pats this time... until I rememberd how the Pats ran up the score on the Bills (56-10) in week 7... after which I decided to root for the Giants (first time ever).

This is a great example of karma coming back to bite a classless team, representing a classless city.
      02-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #57
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post

Yes I am a Pats fan and a little biased. But seriously 18-1 means nothing? Like to see the Giants even get a decent record.

I see a super bowl win next year. Whoever says they have no chance is just a blinded fan.

And i love how the refs make horrible calls especially for offsides...yet no one cares. But when the refs were in the Pats favor everyone bitched.
actually, i was a brady fan, just not a patriots fan...I was routing for the giants, but i admitted that brady was better than manning...after last nights game, anyone who says manning isnt a great qb can leave the conversation...the second last play on the winning drive was one of the most amazing things ive ever seen...had 3 defensive linemen gotten that close to brady, he wouldve fallen to the ground like a little bitch, as he had shown previously in the game...manning broke the tackle, made room, looked down the field and completed a 32 yard pass, and then followed with the game winning touchdown...you think that was a fluke? oh yeah, i forgot...you're a pats fan...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #58
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It too was hard for me to root for the New Jersey Giants. I have no ill will towards Pats players or fans.. in fact I lived closer to N.E. (Vermont) than Buffalo, but the running up of scores this year really cemented my belief that Belicheck is just a fucking prick that got what he deserved. If Brady would have busted a leg in the 4th quarter of that ridiculous game, Billy Boy would not have even been in the playoffs. After he's gone, I'll prolly have a soft spot for them again, like the other AFC East teams. But then again, when their stars eventually fade, and they are just another team... KARMA IS A BITCH!!!
NEW JERSEY!?!?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #59
WAYNEBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
J/K.... I'm a Bills fan, woulda ya expect?

Everyone knows only 1 team actually plays in the state of NY!!!
      02-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #60
blueaudi18
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 08' 335i , mb sl500

patriot fan here... but i wanted them u loss so i could win some money...
WooHoo go pratiots for lossing. The patriots are good, but come on, 12 point spread.

Why are all the Giant fan acting like the giants are the best team ever. They just happen to got lucky one game of the year. Patriot played one of their worst game of the year and Giant only won by 3 points. That kind of pathetic. No one is perfect but the patriots are the closest u going to get.

That is what's wrong with football. Only one game determines the championship. If it were the best out of a series of game like baseball and basketbal, the better team will prevail. Imagine a 3 weeks superbowl

POSTED WITH APOLOGIES FOR POOR SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #61
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
^ 18-1 really doesnt mean anything because all people will remember is who won the Superbowl. Seriously 18-0 was impressive until they lost the one game that counted the most. Now it's like 18-1? ehhh...

Brady & Moss can be back for the next 10 years and that still doesnt really phase anything. I mean think about it, Moss got double & triple coverages in the SB because he was pretty much their primary weapon. If you use someone too much sooner or later your opponents will figure out a way to stop him. Also, other teams will get better players and thus present more of a threat next season. Besides, I dont think the Patriots can get any better as many on their teams are past their prime now. That and since they dont get the 1st round draft pick, I dont think their team could get any better.
haha, ok or maybe moss got tired and wasnt use to the cold. If you really think the Pats are done and wont do good next year then you are just proving your biased is getting in the way.

Let me guess the colts will do amazing next year even though manning has shown he sisnt shit without good receivers.

Quote:
Are you serious running up the score? Im glad you arent a fan you are a baby. Its called PRO football. If you suck then thats your problem. and its not running up the score the Pats have lost before even when up a shitload.

Grow up you losers, get a better team and then maybe we wont mop the floor with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
actually, i was a brady fan, just not a patriots fan...I was routing for the giants, but i admitted that brady was better than manning...after last nights game, anyone who says manning isnt a great qb can leave the conversation...the second last play on the winning drive was one of the most amazing things ive ever seen...had 3 defensive linemen gotten that close to brady, he wouldve fallen to the ground like a little bitch, as he had shown previously in the game...manning broke the tackle, made room, looked down the field and completed a 32 yard pass, and then followed with the game winning touchdown...you think that was a fluke? oh yeah, i forgot...you're a pats fan...
That was a fluke, it was all luck. It was an amzing play i wont take that away. But if brady did that id say its luck too. The guy who caught it caught it off his helmet.

And because of that one play Manning is a great QB now? Im sorry but no.

Also you guys are forgetting the records the team, Brady and Moss broke this year. They are cemented in history for life. Next year is just another super bowl. Trust me.
      02-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #62
liliej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi/Graphite/Lemon

Quote:

I love it... "I'd like to see the Giants even get a decent record"... what a stupid comment, considering the events of last night. Bottom line, if you don't win the big one, nothing else matters (take it from a Bills fan). This season will go down as one of the biggest disappointment for the Pats, which is great... considering how cocky they were, and how much of a dick Belicheck is.
      02-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #63
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueaudi18 View Post
They just happen to got lucky one game of the year. Patriot played one of their worst game of the year and Giant only won by 3 points.
wrong. their defense playing the best they ever had was luck? no, it was spagnola, their heart, and their dedication.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #64
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
haha, ok or maybe moss got tired and wasnt use to the cold. If you really think the Pats are done and wont do good next year then you are just proving your biased is getting in the way.

Let me guess the colts will do amazing next year even though manning has shown he sisnt shit without good receivers.
You've got to be kidding me. First of all let's not start another Colts vs Pats debate here. Secondly I never said Pats will not do good next season. I only said that I doubt they will get better and I'm not sure they'll actually present a higher threat because everyone now knows the Pats are beatable. Not only that but other teams will get better too.

Lastly, I never said anything about the Colts. I think you're just upset that your Pats didnt go 19-0 like you and many Pats fans have expected. And FWIW the Colts had an amazing season even with all the injuries they had ALL SEASON LONG! I would like to if the Pats can even win as many games as the Colts did if their top defenders and wide receiver were out. Damn I just realized that this really did turn into another Colts vs Pats debabte. Hopefully it will end with this post.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #65
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Are you serious running up the score? Im glad you arent a fan you are a baby. Its called PRO football. If you suck then thats your problem. and its not running up the score the Pats have lost before even when up a shitload.

Grow up you losers, get a better team and then maybe we wont mop the floor with you.

That was a fluke, it was all luck. It was an amzing play i wont take that away. But if brady did that id say its luck too. The guy who caught it caught it off his helmet.

And because of that one play Manning is a great QB now? Im sorry but no.

Also you guys are forgetting the records the team, Brady and Moss broke this year. They are cemented in history for life. Next year is just another super bowl. Trust me.
not because of a single play. Because he demonstrated time and time again throughout the entire game that HE was the leader of the team, and HE was the one who needed to make plays to win the game. Which he did.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #66
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Hahaah you pats fans are priceless.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0