Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Quad exhaust tips/tuning

04-07-2022, 09:12 AM   #1
Daywalker007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Xdrive

Quad exhaust tips/tuning

I have seen some posts asking about quad exhaust tips for our cars and I haven’t seen anyone mention this yet so……I found a set on Automodz.ca for anyone that is looking.

They sell them in black and silver for $229.99 or carbon for $299.99. They attach to the stock mounting points so very simple install for those not looking to replace the whole exhaust. I am in that boat since the sound with the new DP is enough for me. I ordered them in black and will post pictures once they come in for anyone interested.

The only think I am not a fan of is that they are staggered on each side instead of both tips being flush with the other but I can live with that.

https://automodz.ca/collections/bmw/...40580463165602

I will add a reply for the next part of my post.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 09:24 AM   #2
Daywalker007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Xdrive

I know a lot of you are not a fan of the Femto unlock when it was in Russia but since they moved to Finland I am seriously considering it. I am in Germany so they will allow me to ship to them. Does anyone know how they unlock the DME? Is it brute force and then tap into it or do they use a computer to actually get through the encryption?

Also they sent me an email of options with some technical jargon that I don’t understand so I am not sure what the options actually are. I am hoping someone can explain it to me.

“- Only map (calibration/swfk) area is available for OBD writing (*)
- We can flash asw (software/swfl) area only while your DME is at our labs upon your request (*)”

And this next part is worded in a way that confuses me

“Unlocking options:
1. Regular unlock - you can upload calibration (ONLY!) area using femto obd flasher beta, mgflasher, mhd and bm3
2. Custom unlock - requires preloading of custom code for each of the flashers (if applicable, such as torque limiter removal, map switching etc). Currently we can preload mgflasher custom code (app adjustable torque limiter patch) and mhd (torque limiter removal patch), bm3 should be asked by yourself (!!!).”

Forgive my ignorance but I have never been involved in tuning a car. I am prepared for a bit chiding so feel free ��.
Appreciate 0