Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum 330e Production Wheel Swap

11-27-2022, 10:17 AM   #1
Casio
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

330e Production Wheel Swap

I found out this week that the 330e I ordered has finished production without the jet black wheels which were replaced with the "bi-color" jet black wheels instead. Has anyone else had this happen?

I feel this really changes the aesthetic of the vehicle (Skyscraper Grey with Shadowline). I can understand supply chain issues but would have changed the color to black/blue and possibly deleted the shadowline package had I known.

The dealership said I could ask for a refund on my deposit if I didn't like it in person but did not offer any solutions otherwise. I could get the wheels powder-coated but the additional cost on top of the new car is frustrating.

Otherwise, very excited about the vehicle. First BMW and first new car in 15 years.

Any guidance is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 07:35 PM   #2
JetBlack_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

I had the same issue when I placed my order. It was the dealers mistake as they put the bi-color rather than the black wheels. Thankfully enough it didn't hit production at the time and was still able to make changes.
Attached Images

11-29-2022, 07:34 AM   #3
Casio
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack_M3 View Post
I had the same issue when I placed my order. It was the dealers mistake as they put the bi-color rather than the black wheels. Thankfully enough it didn't hit production at the time and was still able to make changes.
Beautiful car!

I called the Genius line yesterday and they confirmed that the order sheet from the dealer had the incorrect wheels.

The dealer never followed up with me after the sale so I was unable to track the order and find this myself. I contacted the dealer around when I was told it was going into production and they let me know it had already finished production. I learned more about the tracking via the forum and had to have multiple follow up emails with the manager before I was able to receive the VIN for tracking.

I will verify with Genius again before accusing the dealer of lying to me about the production swap. Not really sure what to do at this point.
Appreciate 0