Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Stock market tips and experiences

01-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #5809
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzgJ74 View Post
Clown advice will turn your $5k into $5,500 in 20yrs lmfao
Any other advice you can give us?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #5810
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Yea yea yea... I read the same penny pumping bs on the Yahoo finance boards and elitetrader.

Do not buy penny stocks. End of discussion.

If you want to gamble, go to vegas and get free food/entertainment, otherwise the only ones making money in penny stocks are insiders and your broker. If you've heard of the strategy I've read the book and did the math (quant, fundamental, technical, long/short, squeezes, options, blah blah blah). Recommendation stands: diversify in a balanced fund and add to it systematically. Don't believe the hype.

"The road to riches is paved with dead bodies." Think of rhe long game and be disciplined.

Now, let's see more of that sweet stock 10 year-old M3 those amazing 400% trades allowed you to buy.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      01-11-2019, 11:19 PM   #5811
qba335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
Quote:
Did you guys buy any RELI? Up 15% today, that's just the beginning of the next run, they're going to PR a large real estate deal soon... float is locked.
Your 10 year old stock M3 and a screenshot of your "technical analysis"

If you're getting 400% returns you should be driving something a little more... sophisticated.

Having said that, im gonna look into RELI ...bro
"Nothing runs 400%" he said, "put your $5k in a global investment fund" he said...
With 5k portfolio you are not making money either way...

It's hard to make money trading penny stocks cause the volume is low and bid/ask spread is large. Larger trades move the market. Fun to trade a few dollars and brag about your gains, but not a good long term investment strategy.

I would have to see your P&L statement.. the unrealized gains are not really worth a lot when you have huge daily price swings.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #5812
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by qba335i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
Quote:
Did you guys buy any RELI? Up 15% today, that's just the beginning of the next run, they're going to PR a large real estate deal soon... float is locked.
Your 10 year old stock M3 and a screenshot of your "technical analysis"

If you're getting 400% returns you should be driving something a little more... sophisticated.

Having said that, im gonna look into RELI ...bro
"Nothing runs 400%" he said, "put your $5k in a global investment fund" he said...
With 5k portfolio you are not making money either way...

It's hard to make money trading penny stocks cause the volume is low and bid/ask spread is large. Larger trades move the market. Fun to trade a few dollars and brag about your gains, but not a good long term investment strategy.

I would have to see your P&L statement.. the unrealized gains are not really worth a lot when you have huge daily price swings.
Lol you are pal, a lot of money. You just don't have the chops for it jealous boy.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #5813
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Worth a read, amusing. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/o...gtype=Homepage
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #5814
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Females tend to be more buy and hold vs. male timing the market so that makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #5815
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

do any of you have self-directed roth IRA's that you speculate with?
      02-25-2019, 11:13 AM   #5816
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
lol...I noticed you guys disappeared when I was right too....

Timing wasn't right but in the end the mkt will fix it for me...I will be off by a week most likely...is that really a big deal in the big scheme of things.?..,.if you think so you are trading very short term....getting worked up for a 30pt SPX day?...really?...

I will do roll call in 2 weeks ok...I tell you what, if we make new all time highs before we hit 1700's on SPX I will never post on this thread ever again and we can close it down ok?...thats a promise....

But if we close into the 1700's within the month(I will guess 2-3 weeks from now), you guys either leave or stfu for at least a week ok?....

And yes I still think we see 1200 SPX a year from now...might be a bold statement but at least I will take a stand and make some calls based on my own charts and theories rather than spew empty criticisms(still not a single call).

See you guys in 2 weeks.
Yikes

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #5817
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evakone View Post
Guys, what is more profitable now - forex, stock markets, cryptocurrency?
Definitely crypto and forex. Unlimited upside.
Appreciate 1
sikotic482.00
      04-07-2019, 04:47 PM   #5818
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

AMD stock going bananas right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #5819
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

kicking myself for looking at DISNEY call options for cheap (out of the money, 1 week out)... and not getting any
totally missed out

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #5820
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i l 328xi l X5M

Stock Market

does anyone play ? I'm a day trader with TDA and Robinhood. Haven't seen anyone speak on this much so...here it is.
      08-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #5821
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
I have about 2/3 of my total savings invested in the market. I make trades quarterly on average. Usually it's just to purchase additional shares or re-invest shares that are under performing from what I expected.

Day trading is essentially gambling. The market has already factored in the data you are just now hearing about via large IB's, etc. If you think you spot a trend, it's already been capitalized on.

If you want to play and see where it takes you, you are welcome to it, but it is a poor way to wealth.
      08-22-2019, 05:20 AM   #5822
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I have about 2/3 of my total savings invested in the market. I make trades quarterly on average. Usually it's just to purchase additional shares or re-invest shares that are under performing from what I expected.

Day trading is essentially gambling. The market has already factored in the data you are just now hearing about via large IB's, etc. If you think you spot a trend, it's already been capitalized on.

If you want to play and see where it takes you, you are welcome to it, but it is a poor way to wealth.

I respect you, and the statement you have provided because i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Needless to say i have been quite successful in my returns. I love poker, So gambling it is. If your ever on Stock.twits or any platform within groups that discuss "Hot Picks" let me know.

S/N: Just made BIG gains off of TGT(Target) Call option around $82 went up 20% to $103..

Last edited by DiFFv1; 08-22-2019 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:06 AM   #5823
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiFFv1 View Post
I respect you, and the statement you have provided because i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Needless to say i have been quite successful in my returns. I love poker, So gambling it is. If your ever on Stock.twits or any platform within groups that discuss "Hot Picks" let me know.

S/N: Just made BIG gains off of TGT(Target) Call option around $82 went up 20% to $103..
Again, you are welcome to continue enjoying the 'fun' of it all. Just don't expect it to generate healthy returns over the long run.

As in gambling, eventually, the house always wins.

Of course - what do I know, right? Certainly my credentials don't have any weight here?

08-22-2019, 07:20 AM   #5824
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Again, you are welcome to continue enjoying the 'fun' of it all. Just don't expect it to generate healthy returns over the long run.

Of course - what do I know, right? Certainly my credentials don't have any weight here?

Lol Sir not saying your wrong or trying to start a debate but still... i appreciate the feedback. Going on 3 years in option trading still enjoying the "fun". As Always stay blessed and continue living your best life. Aint going back and forth wit ya. Agreed your rep means nothing to me outside of this Website/App. Good Day
      08-22-2019, 09:12 AM   #5825
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiFFv1 View Post
Lol Sir not saying your wrong or trying to start a debate but still... i appreciate the feedback. Going on 3 years in option trading still enjoying the "fun". As Always stay blessed and continue living your best life. Aint going back and forth wit ya. Agreed your rep means nothing to me outside of this Website/App. Good Day
Wasn't speaking of any 'rep' with respect to the forums. Just saying that most of the details here are anonymous and you never really know what someones credentials, education, or employment might be outside of here. Sometimes you might want to consider that a person recommending something or giving advice might have more knowledge than you expect. That is all.

Regards.
      08-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #5826
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wasn't speaking of any 'rep' with respect to the forums. Just saying that most of the details here are anonymous and you never really know what someones credentials, education, or employment might be outside of here. Sometimes you might want to consider that a person recommending something or giving advice might have more knowledge than you expect. That is all.

Regards.
Understood, Never once did i put a limitation nor insult your intelligence. But from a Quarterly trader to someone like me Day Trading i personally don't believe your input would sacrifice being that we are from two different standpoints. As i said i believe your statement amongst us "Day Traders" to be untrue. yet this is also just my personal opinion. I believe you mean well and have good guidance in the field your a pursuing within the stock market. All Love
      08-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #5827
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
I have only been playing around in the stock market for a few years so I really don't have much advice, but I do have a little story. When I first started out I put some money in a company called Shopify. I bought 65 shares at $67.58. I got flustered when it was at $110.96 and was excited to make a few grand so I pulled it out. Shopify is now at $384...
I guess my novice advise is that you are probably not smarter than everyone else and you should just stay calm. If you are playing with individual stocks for short term gains on the side of a real job, treat it as a hobby not a retirement plan.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00
      08-22-2019, 10:31 AM   #5828
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:

Totally agree. Very very very few will get rich, much less have a significant portfolio by day trading. I couldn't imagine the complexity of filing my taxes too if I were day trading. What a nightmare.

Investing is REALLY simple assuming:

1) You're patient and in it for the long haul
2) You select a few well chosen index funds, stocks, bonds (you don't need some massive portfolio)
3) You're not a get rich quick type
4) You get started early and put in as much as you can afford

Last edited by XutvJet; 08-22-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 3
vreihen1614885.00
      08-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #5829
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Totally agree. Very very very few will get rich, much less have a significant portfolio by day trading. I couldn't imagine the complexity of filling my taxes too if I were day trading. What a nightmare.

Investing is REALLY simple assuming:

1) You're patient and in it for the long haul
2) You select a few well chosen index funds, stocks, bonds (you don't need some massive portfolio)
3) You're not a get rich quick type
4) You get started early and put in as much as you can afford
That is absolutely correct.

Funny - I know what you do for a living, I believe you are aware of my background and what I do for a living. I respect your insight (other than perhaps some of your political views - haha!)

Yet - others who 'think they know better' have other ideas.

Interesting how that works, eh?

How are you doing? Well I hope.
      08-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #5830
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
I have only been playing around in the stock market for a few years so I really don't have much advice, but I do have a little story. When I first started out I put some money in a company called Shopify. I bought 65 shares at $67.58. I got flustered when it was at $110.96 and was excited to make a few grand so I pulled it out. Shopify is now at $384...
I guess my novice advise is that you are probably not smarter than everyone else and you should just stay calm. If you are playing with individual stocks for short term gains on the side of a real job, treat it as a hobby not a retirement plan.
" I guess my novice advise is that you are probably not smarter than everyone else and you should just stay calm."

Lol you guys get so triggered when someone says anything different than your personal opinion. Which is okay, Its humorous.

So let me further explain, I "Day Trade" Options Maybe that shouldn't have been left out perhaps... So that example wouldn't make much sense to me being that all my Calls/Puts are deadline based contracts. I make more money ( With Less Invested) with more of a risk, Yes. But also you cant tell me that i can make 10,000 on an option call in one-two weeks where you can make the same in Four months holding.

I understand holding and letting it take its course, I respect it. But that's not the path that i choose. Respect to both parties, Also i came asking if anyone day traded not " Who am i smarter than" C'mon girls that no way to punch those keys, Spread that love