Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum My G20 is being held at port due to a recall

08-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #23
ThatKrazyPolak
Banned
Rep
Drives: 228xi (SOLD)

So your saying these mass delays in production / delivery are being caused by potentially missing pins in the cars headrests?

Was planning on placing an order in the next two weeks, now I'm kind of worried....
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 10:00 PM   #24
Dmejia91
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335 xdrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKrazyPolak View Post
So your saying these mass delays in production / delivery are being caused by potentially missing pins in the cars headrests?

Was planning on placing an order in the next two weeks, now I'm kind of worried....
Who knows, CA don't have any updates
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #25
kenya971
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

Quote:

From my understanding its just the rear center one. I'm more upset about the communication than the required work. In two weeks I darn sure better have my car and those pins (or whatever) should be part of the normal manufacturing process.

In two weeks it'll be a month since this started and not having it resolved by then is strong sign the company is inept or the car has an undisclosed issue. By then, I would strongly consider cancelling my own order (getting my deposit back) and simply waiting for next years release.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #26
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenya971 View Post
Quote:

From my understanding its just the rear center one. I'm more upset about the communication than the required work. In two weeks I darn sure better have my car and those pins (or whatever) should be part of the normal manufacturing process.

In two weeks it'll be a month since this started and not having it resolved by then is strong sign the company is inept or the car has an undisclosed issue. By then, I would strongly consider cancelling my own order (getting my deposit back) and simply waiting for next years release.
I agree 100%. If customers are being told, after waiting weeks (or months) for a car, that suddenly the car can't be sold to them and there is no timeline for getting the car to them and to just wait patiently until the car arrives at some unknown time...that is a company that clearly doesn't understand how precariously perched on the ledge they are.

Especially when there are perfectly great competitor vehicles on the lots.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #27
Hilly330
Rep
Drives: BMW M 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusHoy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I agree 100%. If customers are being told, after waiting weeks (or months) for a car, that suddenly the car can't be sold to them and there is no timeline for getting the car to them and to just wait patiently until the car arrives at some unknown time...that is a company that clearly doesn't understand how precariously perched on the ledge they are.

In The Netherlands I have just been informed that there are developments related to the delivery stop. A modified headrest is on its way and I can expect my car to be delivered next week Friday. They expect the headrest being delivered at the dealer by mid next week. Keep you all posted.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #28
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly330 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusHoy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

In The Netherlands I have just been informed that there are developments related to the delivery stop. A modified headrest is on its way and I can expect my car to be delivered next week Friday. They expect the headrest being delivered at the dealer by mid next week. Keep you all posted.
Thanks for the update. I'm glad there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #29
kenya971
Private
Rep

Quick update (...and a thread bump)

Good to hear that Hilly's been given an expectation of next Friday. No such luck on my end. Can't even get a confirmation that the required part(s) have been shipped but it sounds like we're still closer to the beginning than the ending.

If anyone else affected by this recall receives info regarding vehicle readiness can you please update the thread? It'd be encouraging if there were a few positive notes being posted next week (and hopefully not the opposite).
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 09:57 AM   #30
Jmatt07
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

I wonder if this is possible why my 330i is still waiting at order received
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 03:30 PM   #31
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmatt07 View Post
I wonder if this is possible why my 330i is still waiting at order received
There is another thread that mentions a 2 week german holiday and the plant is closed for that which is causing delays, and is perhaps why it may take longer to get the recall parts
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #32
Scalesmd68
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

Mine has been stuck in port in New Jersey for over a week. See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf recall(1).pdf (57.0 KB, 172 views)
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8782.00
      08-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #33
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalesmd68 View Post
Thanks for that. What was the production date of your car?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 06:33 PM   #34
Scalesmd68
Rep

If I recall correctly, July 9.
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8782.00
      08-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #35
Dmejia91
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335 xdrive M Sport

Stupid head restraint is holding my car at the port in NJ
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 06:47 PM   #36
kenya971
Private
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate you posting the recall notice as I'd never had it shared with me. Interestingly enough the start date listed on it is two days after I was informed my vehicle was affected (I was told on the 6th and the recall became effective on the 8th). Someone is wasting their talents on recalls when they should be buying lottery tickets.

BTW. Assuming your location is correct, why is your vehicle in New jersey and not Baltimore? Using a dealer on the Northside of the state? Just wondering to myself if there's an overflow possibility at the Baltimore VPC.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #37
Scalesmd68
Rep

Quote:
BTW. Assuming your location is correct, why is your vehicle in New jersey and not Baltimore? Using a dealer on the Northside of the state? Just wondering to myself if there's an overflow possibility at the Baltimore VPC.
Two closer Maryland dealers (sales and management) were not only assholes (long story) but $1500-$2000 more expensive than the dealership in Lancaster, PA. They receive from Newark not Baltimore.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #38
kenya971
Private
Rep

Quote:
Two closer Maryland dealers (sales and management) were not only assholes (long story) but $1500-$2000 more expensive than the dealership in Lancaster, PA. They receive from Newark not Baltimore.
Understandable. There's a dealer in Baltimore I refuse to do business with myself. Glad you found a better and cheaper dealer. Hopefully everyone's wait will soon come to an end.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #39
Breezeon
Registered
Rep

My M340i arrived in Baltimore August 2. I heard from the Genius last Thursday that there was a rear center headrest recall. She had no further information. This blog has the only info I can find on this recall.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #40
driesman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezeon View Post
My M340i arrived in Baltimore August 2. I heard from the Genius last Thursday that there was a rear center headrest recall. She had no further information. This blog has the only info I can find on this recall.
Yup - Unfortunately, a large group of people waiting on the same thing, not knowing anything.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 11:14 PM   #41
siegfried8d
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

M340i held at Port Newark...

My production date was 7/11/19
Received at NJ VPC on 8/6/19
Supposed to be at dealer on 8/11/19
New ETA to dealer now 8/25/19
Got the ETA info from rep at “BMW Genius”
Confirmed by my sales rep
Delay attributed to same issue/recall discussed here:
“Verify Head Rest Rear Center.”

I assume safety regs require the center headrest to be in place, but I usually remove it for better rearward visibility when no third passenger in rear.

I’ll post again around ETA date whether delivered or not.

Good luck to all you “waiters!!”
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #42
The Outrage
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

I, too, have an M340i on order which is currently being held at Port Bayonne for the rear center headrest recall (STOP014177). The original estimated delivery date to my dealership was August 17. I don't have an updated estimated delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #43
boxxerdogg
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xdrive Portimao Blue

My car started production end of July - I believe July 26th or 27th. It left Germany two days ago on Themis USA bound. I spoke with BMW genius and my dealership and they are not aware of any recalls. I hope that my vehicle also started production after the problem, however there's no guarantee. Hope they fix this problem soon for all of you who have been affected.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 10:48 AM   #44
Cabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Also waiting at the port since 8/7.....
Appreciate 0