Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Suspension options to lower less than an inch?

05-06-2023, 11:46 PM   #1
peelo801
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xdrive

Suspension options to lower less than an inch?

Just recently scored a 21 M340i xdrive, and i'm already eager to lower it. However, i'm looking for a mild drop because the older i've gotten, the more I prefer to lower it to the point where the wheel well gap arch is even all around the tire. Right now, even with the lowered OEM M suspension, I can tell I can achieve this with about another 3/4" drop.

Are there any suspension options-springs or coilovers-that will allow me to lower the ride height less than an inch?

I have an M340 xdrive, and so far, the only lowering springs i've come across that give least drop are AC Schnitzer and Dinan. But it appears the drop is about an inch. I'm looking for less than that, about 3/4 of an inch drop.

I would prefer coilovers as I may track this occasionally in the future, so I want to be able to adjust height and dampening for street vs track use. But, I was looking at KW V1 and V2, and according to their specs, their minimum lowering is an inch. I also read that Bilstein Evo S can be set to less than an inch, but the available reviews on it for this car aren't inspiring any confidence in purchasing them without first doing a ride along in a car that has them.

This is my first ever BMW. Are there any other options that I may not be aware of?

Last edited by peelo801; 05-07-2023 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 12:38 AM   #2
jpowers36
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

I think KW is still your best bet. Especially if you’re wanting to focus on comfort and adjustability, then go with the V3s. 3/4 of an inch to a 1 inch drop is not a huge difference. You can set each corner to all match. H&R makes a set of coilovers now but similar minimum drop height and no adjustable dampening. I think for that reasoning as well that springs are not a valid option.
Appreciate 0