Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Recommendations: Front Lip 2020 M340i

03-18-2024, 08:58 AM   #1
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

Recommendations: Front Lip 2020 M340i

Hello everyone.

Last year, I picked up a beautiful 2020 (pre LCI) M340i. I had ordered this front lip from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/IKON-MOTORSPO...081PPSQ8K&th=1

It looked fine and did the job. But, in January, I made a stupid mistake of taking my car through the auto-wash at 8am, when the weather was 9 degrees F. The cold outside air made the thin plastic lip brittle and fragile and the quick change of temp in the water at the wash, broke off a big chunk from the front.

Lesson learned, on that one. Should never wash a car in that condition, regardless.

Soooo, I was ready to pull the trigger on this one again, but wanted to see if anyone had any other recommendations, first.

Don't want to spend a ton of money on this part. Asking around, it seems as if many people have issues with the front lip cracking, and it's an item that I may need to replace every year or two.

Was just curious if anyone had any other options they would recommend.

Thanks !!!
      03-18-2024, 09:23 AM   #2
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoTheClown View Post
Hello everyone.

Last year, I picked up a beautiful 2020 (pre LCI) M340i. I had ordered this front lip from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/IKON-MOTORSPO...081PPSQ8K&th=1

It looked fine and did the job. But, in January, I made a stupid mistake of taking my car through the auto-wash at 8am, when the weather was 9 degrees F. The cold outside air made the thin plastic lip brittle and fragile and the quick change of temp in the water at the wash, broke off a big chunk from the front.

Lesson learned, on that one. Should never wash a car in that condition, regardless.

Soooo, I was ready to pull the trigger on this one again, but wanted to see if anyone had any other recommendations, first.

Don't want to spend a ton of money on this part. Asking around, it seems as if many people have issues with the front lip [...]
I would suggest checking out the various threads on this exact topic. So many options for front lips available at all budgets, it’s actually impressive. Google front lips for our vehicles and you’ll pretty much find all the known options.
I agree with the thought that you should expect a front lip to become damaged and replaced within a year, especially if your vehicle is driven daily.