Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Should I buy an 330i instead of e for suspension

02-20-2024, 12:32 PM   #1
hatch-2810
Rep
Drives: 2021 530e Phytonic Blue

Should I buy an 330i instead of e for suspension

I've been looking for a while to buy a new 330e xdrive, but the thing that keeps holding me back is the number of choices for suspension options. I told myself I don't want to lower my next car but now I'm looking at "just a little drop"

In my ideal world, I want something with a drop just a hair below the M sport suspension or higher, but the current gen 330e m sport doesn't have m sport spring.

For the 330e xdrive, it looks like there are just a few options, such as the ACS, AST, Cobra and H&R springs. I already know the H&R are much too low for me. The rest are in the 25mm to 30mm, maybe a bit lower than I wanted.

In my research, I see plenty of options for not-severe drops for the 330i which are in the 15mm range, including the m-sport springs, dinan. I also see the EVO SE which have a 15mm min drop.

Maybe I'm better off buying a more mainstream option such as a 330i without xdrive so that I have access to more suspension choices?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 04:25 PM   #2
HiFi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

eibach pro kit and ACS drop the car to similar height of M Sport 330i, so you will be fine. I wouldnt go H&R on the 330e