11-18-2022, 02:53 PM   #1
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M340I xdrive

Garage List
APEX VS-5RS

Pulled the trigger and ordered some wheels. Went with the recommended staggered fitment off Apex' site for 19" wheels, 235 /265 rubber. Michelin Pilot Sports. Black of course to match the shadowline. Going to order some floating 50th anniversary emblems now to add some flair. 😎
Attached Images

11-18-2022, 11:37 PM   #2
lebaaron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive

Show us the final result when received 🙌

I find these wheels very nice, I'm having an eye on them, but maybe I'd consider a meatier setup... however for now there's 6 months of snow ahead lol
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2022, 02:01 PM   #3
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Update from last week...after I ordered wheels, now I'm told the rears are on a boat or the bottom of the ocean and not expected untill February😞

Major disappointment. I've called a few of the "google search vendors" and nobody has them in stock. Debating on going with Rohana or Vossen, but I had already chosen these.

I've had to wait before and in the end I know the outcome will be worth it but I need some stock car therapy so in the meantime I've got the front lip and rear diffuser on order for arrival this week [for sure] and now I'm on the hunt for some exhaust tips, CS style spoiler, and CF mirror caps to get me going while we wait.

ApexRaceParts If you're seeing this- and can get me some rear wheels to Texas ASAP I will be most appreciative. The order is pending still with my vendor. I'm not giving up on you guys 👍
      12-06-2022, 03:58 PM   #4
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM_Pilot View Post
Update from last week...after I ordered wheels, now I'm told the rears are on a boat or the bottom of the ocean and not expected untill February��

Major disappointment. I've called a few of the "google search vendors" and nobody has them in stock. Debating on going with Rohana or Vossen, but I had already chosen these.

I've had to wait before and in the end I know the outcome will be worth it but I need some stock car therapy so in the meantime I've got the front lip and rear diffuser on order for arrival this week [for sure] and now I'm on the hunt for some exhaust tips, CS style spoiler, and CF mirror caps to get me going while we wait.

ApexRaceParts If you're seeing this- and can get me some rear wheels to Texas ASAP I will be most appreciative. The order is pending still with my vendor. I'm not giving up on you guys ��
I wish I had more of these wheels! February is the ETA for all of the bolt-on 19x9 ET25 and 19x10 ET38 wheels in both the front and rear fitments. Those are pending new production but will be arriving with a new finish option as well (Satin Bronze) in February.

-Tom
      12-06-2022, 04:16 PM   #5
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Quote:
Update from last week...after I ordered wheels, now I'm told the rears are on a boat or the bottom of the ocean and not expected untill February��

ApexRaceParts If you're seeing this- and can get me some rear wheels to Texas ASAP I will be most appreciative. The order is pending still with my vendor. I'm not giving up on you guys ��
I wish I had more of these wheels! February is the ETA for all of the bolt-on 19x9 ET25 and 19x10 ET38 wheels in both the front and rear fitments. Those are pending new production but will be arriving with a new finish option as well (Satin Bronze) in February.

-Tom
No 18" 9/10 fitments?
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #6
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Here's a preview. I got the front wheels in....😎
Attached Images

12-21-2022, 03:46 PM   #7
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
No 18" 9/10 fitments?
Realized my response never went through. Not yet. I'm working on bringing in a car with the ZTK brakes, probably a G42 2 series at this point. We need scans of the larger calipers to design our 18" wheels around. The 19s have so much margin that they easily cleared without the scans but the 18s need more data to optimize the wheels for these cars.

-Tom
      12-23-2022, 08:24 AM   #8
ng20_
Rep
Drives: 19' 330i xDrive M Sport

You mentioned the 50th-anniversary badges... Do those fit all wheels? I thought that they only fit BMW wheels guaranteed.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 02:24 PM   #9
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng20_ View Post
You mentioned the 50th-anniversary badges... Do those fit all wheels? I thought that they only fit BMW wheels guaranteed.
Our cap bore matches the BMW standard spec so any OE compatible cap should snap in. As far as I know, the 50th anniversary caps don't have significant design differences to the standard OE caps and work with the 5x112 cap bore wheels. I haven't seen a set in our wheels yet, but they should snap in just like the standard roundel caps:

-Tom
      01-17-2023, 09:02 AM   #10
Dutt1113
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xdrive

Any updates if op mounted the wheels yet? We need pics lol
      01-20-2023, 02:31 PM   #11
Dutt1113
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xdrive

Is there any poke at all with the 19x9 et25 and 19x10 et38 for bolt on fitment for G20? It's subjective and some people like it, but in my opinion I think any poke is horrendous looking.
      01-20-2023, 02:44 PM   #12
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

-Tom
Hi Tom. Are you guys getting close enough to pinpoint arrival dates and distribution yet? The shop I ordered from didn't have any info on my order other than some time in Feb.

Was trying to setup some suspension fitment too along with the whell install. Thanks!!!
      01-25-2023, 12:30 PM   #13
Geo_FF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340xi Portimao Blue

Garage List
These are on my shortlist for sure. You can't beat direct fit.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 08:12 PM   #14
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Just a quick update.

As you can see I bought these in NOV. I was told everything was in stock and some typical 7-10 shipping expectations were laid out.

About a week later I got the dreaded call that the rears (19*10) we're not available. I hunted around calling multiple vendors from online searches and ended nowhere.

The answer from all including Apex was February.

Well here we are on March 1st and Apex pushed the date to March which to me is just a formality guess and the guys at DT I ordered through tried to console with me sone logic about it being almost guaranteed for the first half of March.

Anyways, there's 4 tires and two front wheels sitting in my garage and nothing I can do but sit here on day 100 wondering did I make the wrong decision?

Not a happy guy right now.
      03-07-2023, 08:07 AM   #15
TheJungatron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD- USA

Quote:
Just a quick update.

As you can see I bought these in NOV. I was told everything was in stock and some typical 7-10 shipping expectations were laid out.

About a week later I got the dreaded call that the rears (19*10) we're not available. I hunted around calling multiple vendors from online searches and ended nowhere.

Well here we are on March 1st and Apex pushed the date to March which to me is just a formality guess and the guys at DT I ordered through tried to console with me sone logic about it being almost guaranteed for the first half of March.

Anyways, there's 4 tires and two front wheels sitting in my garage and nothing I can do but sit here on day 100 wondering did I make the wrong decision?

You will be stoked when they show up. Those forged baby's are beautiful. I believe APEX does first in first out so you should have them soon :-)
(Retired - 1987 325i Vert)
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2023, 08:09 AM   #16
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungatron View Post
You will be stoked when they show up. Those forged baby's are beautiful. I believe APEX does first in first out so you should have them soon :-)
God I hope so. I'm running out of optimism and tbh I'm tired of explaining to friends that yes I really did buy them 🤬
      03-07-2023, 11:51 AM   #17
TheJungatron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD- USA

I get it... but you will have them soon enough and then onto the next mod :-)
(Retired - 1987 325i Vert)
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2023, 07:07 PM   #18
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Hi Tom. Are you guys getting close enough to pinpoint arrival dates and distribution yet? The shop I ordered from didn't have any info on my order other than some time in Feb.

Was trying to setup some suspension fitment too along with the whell install. Thanks!!!
Quote:
Just a quick update.

Quote:
God I hope so. I'm running out of optimism and tbh I'm tired of explaining to friends that yes I really did buy them 🤬
What is the name and email of the dealer your ordered through? Our bimmerpost notifications aren't consistent for threads so I'm often not notified when someone @s these accounts on threads. Threads in general are a bad way to figure this out and provide customer support. my direct email: tom@apexraceparts.com.

Let me know who you ordered through and I'll look into this.

-Tom
      03-24-2023, 07:11 PM   #19
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What is the name and email of the dealer your ordered through? Our bimmerpost notifications aren't consistent for threads so I'm often not notified when someone @s these accounts on threads. Threads in general are a bad way to figure this out and provide customer support. my direct email: tom@apexraceparts.com.

Let me know who you ordered through and I'll look into this.

-Tom
Thanks Tom. I'm going to send an email, in a moment, but in short I've followed up with the vendor twice and they're keeping me up to date "I hope". I generally am not trying to solve the issue here, but if you have 2 of these wheels I'll pay for them directly and get a refund on the other side. Email on the way from D.A.
      03-24-2023, 07:38 PM   #20
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Tom. I'm going to send an email, in a moment, but in short I've followed up with the vendor twice and they're keeping me up to date "I hope". I generally am not trying to solve the issue here, but if you have 2 of these wheels I'll pay for them directly and get a refund on the other side. Email on the way from D.A.
I think I see it now tied to a distributor for a tire chain. These 2 stepped orders are a nightmare to track down. We don't have those in stock, I wish we did. The Feb ETA slipped across the board for these units and bronze as well, basically poor planning on our part and a SKU revision. Early April looks to be correct for your order now from what I can see, and you're first in line for the inbound units.

-Tom
      03-24-2023, 08:19 PM   #21
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think I see it now tied to a distributor for a tire chain. These 2 stepped orders are a nightmare to track down. We don't have those in stock, I wish we did. The Feb ETA slipped across the board for these units and bronze as well, basically poor planning on our part and a SKU revision. Early April looks to be correct for your order now from what I can see, and you're first in line for the inbound units.

-Tom
Thanks much. I finally got an email off. Was waiting for my car to get back with the receipts and correct info. Appreciate the feedback. 👍
      05-08-2023, 08:18 PM   #22
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Well my friends,

We have finally gotten the wheels installed. Driving around last weekend I'm quite pleased with the feel vs run flats. I tried to give you all as many angles as possible to see the fit. To me, it's the perfect flush fitment. I can't even describe how great they look on the car in person and I can't get over how much the brake calipers pop now, but I had the 2 tone 791M wheels not the OEM black ones.
Attached Images