Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes USA 22' M340x Sway Bars - Daily and Track Days

03-16-2024, 01:59 PM   #1
dimsum.dumdum
Registered
Rep
Drives: 22' M340x, 22' X7-M50

USA 22' M340x Sway Bars - Daily and Track Days

wondering if anyone has a good updated suggestion for sway bars for my US-based 2022 G20 M340i-xdrive with active suspension.

Looks like H&R has a decently sized kit 26mm-ft/ 19mm-rr, but they are not adjustable for later when I change the springs etc.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...0i-xDrive.html

Turner has adjustable links, but I'm wondering if anyone has mounted these and had decent on-track results on the stock suspension, or if there is a better kit out there. Eibach is a no-go for anything in the US. They only have springs and spacer plates. The M340 is heavy and has a fat a$$ on the track so I get a lot of body roll when I throw the car into corners.

I daily drive the car and do 3-5 track events per year, mostly autocross and HPDE type events. I'm looking to do bars before my next track day in June and possibly upgrade springs and the rest later in the year.

I found some other forum threads out there, but they look pretty old and don't address my specific questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 06:02 PM   #2
prostcfc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

I would love sway bars for the same reasons as you, however the extremely involved install process has me shying away. Haven't seen too many people that have gone with aftermarket sway bars as a result.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 08:06 PM   #3
dimsum.dumdum
Registered
Rep
Drives: 22' M340x, 22' X7-M50

Yeah. I have a very good local shop and I'm close with the owner so I'm confident they can handle it. The owner is a huge Audi RS guy, and I used to have a RS5 that was very quick. Bought the M340 and I love the car, but I'm used to short wheelbase cars like Golf R on the track and the M340 is definitely a handful if you carry speed into a strong turn.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 09:29 AM   #4
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsum.dumdum View Post
Yeah. I have a very good local shop and I'm close with the owner so I'm confident they can handle it. The owner is a huge Audi RS guy, and I used to have a RS5 that was very quick. Bought the M340 and I love the car, but I'm used to short wheelbase cars like Golf R on the track and the M340 is definitely a handful if you carry speed into a strong turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsum.dumdum View Post
wondering if anyone has a good updated suggestion for sway bars for my US-based 2022 G20 M340i-xdrive with active suspension.

Looks like H&R has a decently sized kit 26mm-ft/ 19mm-rr, but they are not adjustable for later when I change the springs etc.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...0i-xDrive.html

Turner has adjustable links, but I'm wondering if anyone has mounted these and had decent on-track results on the stock suspension, or if there is a better kit out there. Eibach is a no-go for anything in the US. They only have springs and spacer plates. The M340 is heavy and has a fat a$$ on the track so I get a lot of body roll when I throw the car into corners.

I daily drive the car and do 3-5 track events per year, mostly autocross and HPDE type events. I'm looking to do bars before my next track day in June and possibly upgrade springs and the rest later in the year.

I found some other forum threads out there, but they look pretty old and don't address my specific questions.
Chubbie has a thread not too long ago on this topic. I would suggest finding that one as we discussed at least two brands offering away bars. I believe one forum member did install both front and rear upgraded sway bars. The issue is the sway bars available are not adjustable, not that much larger than stock (diameter) and cost to install is significant. At least three of us were quoted 12+ labor hours.

Edit: here is the thread

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1897303
      03-18-2024, 10:11 AM   #5
chrispy28_xd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340i

Eibach E40-20-045-02-11 should fit xDrive, and it's 2-way adjustable. I believe it's not much thicker diameter-wise than OEM M340i, but the adjustability would probably help. Endlinks don't matter right now so don't bother with those either. I'd say it's not worth trying it though. Just live with the body roll until you want to splurge on a decent set of coils with stiff springs. I'm not sure if any M340i owner has installed springs on stock shocks for track performance, so you'll be trailblazing a bit there.
Appreciate 0