4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes h&r springs not lowering

03-18-2024, 11:00 AM   #1
kingm340
Rep
Drives: bmw m340

h&r springs not lowering

So i had my h&r springs installed 2 weeks ago, after a couple days they settled. i measured it with my fingers so the front and back space could barely fit 1 finger in between the gap. recently I had something a stick get stuck in my wheels so I took it to a shop to have it remove so they lifted my car in the air and hand removed the stick from the wheel and that was it. after that, I noticed my car suspension sits higher than normal. now the gap can fit 2 fingers no problem. I can provide pictures of how big the gap is. can putting the car on the lift cause the fitment to get messed up? can you guys let me know if this looks normal for H&R Sport springs? thank you in advanced.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 11:07 PM   #2
Red_sir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Can't imagine how putting it on the lift would mess anything up. How does it drive? Can you take the wheels off yourself to see if the springs are seated correctly/not upside down? I would also double check the part numbers are the ones for your application.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 07:56 AM   #3
kingm340
Rep
Drives: bmw m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_sir View Post
Can't imagine how putting it on the lift would mess anything up. How does it drive? Can you take the wheels off yourself to see if the springs are seated correctly/not upside down? I would also double check the part numbers are the ones for your application.
appreciate the feedback. I am going to the shop that did the springs for my car. i noticed that when the car is parked on a small and I mean small angle, one side of the car is lower than the other by a good amount. i know its a small angle but the car shouldn't be uneven like that right?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

let us know what the shop says

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 02:52 PM   #5
BlackPA440
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Gran Coupe

Doesn't look normal for H&R springs. Mine sits much lower than that. However, my dealer did leave the plastic shipping blocks in mine which caused my car to sit up a bit until I removed them.
Appreciate 0