Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Tracking vehicles built at the San Luis Potosí, Mexico assembly plant?

02-17-2021, 06:54 PM   #287
m240nj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD1981 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m240nj View Post
Haha we will. Just need to stop obsessively checking the status. What dealership did you order through? Ramsey? I went through a broker and will be picking it up from BMW Springfield.
I actually went 2 hrs away, out of state in PA. Got it from BMW of Reading which is about 1/2 hour outside of Philly. I leased my outgoing F30 340i from there and many family members have leased from there as well. We know the Sales Manager. Was able to get 11.2% off MSRP before incentives and base MF.. beat out all of the quotes from our local NNJ dealers.
Insane deal. I got 9% off pre-incentives. Could have gotten 10.5% off on a model in stock. I'm satisfied with the deal I got but 11% woulda been nice!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:12 PM   #288
NewYorkBryan
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
So I spoke to a Genius on Monday, and he didn’t have much to offer beyond what the current status reflected. I asked him when could I expect it to be assigned a vessel - and he told me to check back on Friday (2/19). So car still hasnt left Mexico...but hopefully really really soon. I’ll be sure to keep my fellow New Jerseyans posted. Let’s hang tight, we’ll get through this

All that said, even if my car was at the dealership, given the crappy weather, I wouldn’t be driving it at all right now. RWD+PS4 is no good.
Looks like we’re in the same situation. I spoke with a genius today and he said looks like my car arrived at the port on Thursday 02/11 but still not assigned to a vessel.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:25 PM   #289
SFLV3993
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLeaderXI View Post
I feel your pain! have been subsisting driving around my in-between car I picked up a VW "Arteon" (wtf is that anyway lol) since my red M sport 335 went to be w/ Jesus last October 😭. Even though it's R-line, 4motion etc, it just has zero fun factor. In the words of Sandlot it's killin me Smalls.

Based on your production/ready dates it seems like it moved fairly faster than normal if it's already done and about to board a ship.

yeah I think I was lucky on the timing of the order, it seem to have moved pretty quickly through production, I think now will be the more painful part.

BTW there's a 1k coupon code event that ends today, so you should all try and generate a code to see if the dealerships will accept it. based on the conditions they won't necessarily have to since it was generated after the car was ordered, but it's definitely worth a try.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:39 PM   #290
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBryan View Post
Looks like we’re in the same situation. I spoke with a genius today and he said looks like my car arrived at the port on Thursday 02/11 but still not assigned to a vessel.
We’ll probably end up on the same vessel.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:42 PM   #291
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m240nj View Post
Insane deal. I got 9% off pre-incentives. Could have gotten 10.5% off on a model in stock. I'm satisfied with the deal I got but 11% woulda been nice!
9% is pretty solid on a build. I was getting some crappy offers by some of the dealers who responded. Ramsey BMW and Paul Miller didn’t even bother getting back to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:49 PM   #292
Ghost719
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayM340 View Post
What is your port of departure? I sat 3 weeks in Ready for Transport. If you're going out via Lazaro Cardenas, then yes there is indeed a shortage of vessels. East Coast appears to be humming along quicker.

After 2, 2.5 weeks I'd call your advisor and ask them to escalate to BMWNA. That is how I ended up getting on a boat... Good luck, I know the wait sucks, but it will be worth it when its here...
Without assuming, I have no idea what port of departure they are using. A good question for me to ask when I call them next week. I do know that my port of arrival is Port Hueneme. Thanks for the hope.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 11:04 PM   #293
ShadowM340
Private
Rep
Drives: (Ordered) 2021 BMW M340 xDrive

My mineral grey M340 xDrive started production early this week! Now the wait begins...

I want to get the CF lip spoiler and diffuser installed but seems like the lip will have to be done at the dealership based on the discussions I am reading above as I do not want the front splitter. Also debating whether to have the MPE port installed or to take delivery first and wait a bit to decide. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 02:25 AM   #294
BlueLeaderXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Portimao Blue M340i xDriv

MPE thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowM340 View Post
My mineral grey M340 xDrive started production early this week! Now the wait begins...

I want to get the CF lip spoiler and diffuser installed but seems like the lip will have to be done at the dealership based on the discussions I am reading above as I do not want the front splitter. Also debating whether to have the MPE port installed or to take delivery first and wait a bit to decide. Thoughts?
Do it. honestly would just go ahead and include it. Several reasons. I had added the MPE to my 2015 335xi M-Sport and it was very nicely designed sound, very tasteful and a perfect compliment without being obtrusive. (not going to compare burbles/pops between platforms, that's apples to oranges here). So going with the BMW MPE is likely not going to drastically change anything, even volume wise it's well designed not to destroy the overall quality/experience. Furthermore, from everything I've seen re: 2021 Model Year, because of the 48V Hybrid sys, the stock M340 exhaust is programmed less aggressive sounding. Some like, Some don't, etc. But it IS more tame. I've also read reviews that adding the MPE to their 2021 M340 nicely restores some of the exhaust sportiness that got muted from 2020->2021.

So if this was a 2020 model, I might have waited to see if I liked the stock sound, burbles/pops, volume, etc. But since we know MY2021 is definitely a more tame exhaust sound profile (including less burbles/pops but they do occur), I definitely just automatically included mine from the beginning. I KNOW I loved it in my 2015 335, and this is more tame than that.

Can't go wrong either way, but might as well.

sold |2021 M340i xDrive 8AT|Portimao Blue|Black/Oyster|19" 792M cerium grey wheels|

|R.I.P. beloved 2015 335i xDrive 8AT|
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 09:03 AM   #295
ShadowM340
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLeaderXI View Post
Do it. honestly would just go ahead and include it. Several reasons. I had added the MPE to my 2015 335xi M-Sport and it was very nicely designed sound, very tasteful and a perfect compliment without being obtrusive. (not going to compare burbles/pops between platforms, that's apples to oranges here). So going with the BMW MPE is likely not going to drastically change anything, even volume wise it's well designed not to destroy the overall quality/experience. Furthermore, from everything I've seen re: 2021 Model Year, because of the 48V Hybrid sys, the stock M340 exhaust is programmed less aggressive sounding. Some like, Some don't, etc. But it IS more tame. I've also read reviews that adding the MPE to their 2021 M340 nicely restores some of the exhaust sportiness that got muted from 2020->2021.

So if this was a 2020 model, I might have waited to see if I liked the stock sound, burbles/pops, volume, etc. But since we know MY2021 is definitely a more tame exhaust sound profile (including less burbles/pops but they do occur), I definitely just automatically included mine from the beginning. I KNOW I loved it in my 2015 335, and this is more tame than that.

Can't go wrong either way, but might as well.
That's exactly how I'm thinking about it. Have read so many reviews and seems like the MPE on the MY2021 brings back some of the tone to a perfect note (at least to my ears for it seems). Just didn't know if there was that much of an improvement for the price, but seems like there is.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #296
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

The status that will test your patience lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 01:03 PM   #297
KaptainKloss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 xDrive

Have fun, mine's been stuck on Ready for Transport for 3 weeks now. I called the advisor and they have no information other than it was being transported to port. I firmly believe it's on a ship already, so don't rely on this tracker completely.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 01:37 PM   #298
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKloss View Post
Have fun, mine's been stuck on Ready for Transport for 3 weeks now. I called the advisor and they have no information other than it was being transported to port. I firmly believe it's on a ship already, so don't rely on this tracker completely.
Yes - same thing (except ive been in this status since 2/4). I called them up and got told the same exact shit.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 01:41 PM   #299
Ghost719
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Patience is a virtue, one that I have very little of.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MVNS41.50
      02-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #300
BlueLeaderXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Portimao Blue M340i xDriv

Luke.. search your feelings.. you know it to be true..

sold |2021 M340i xDrive 8AT|Portimao Blue|Black/Oyster|19" 792M cerium grey wheels|

|R.I.P. beloved 2015 335i xDrive 8AT|
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2021, 06:55 PM   #301
bmw_hunter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
The status that will test your patience lol
we have the same body and break color! But mine are the 18 inch Non Run Flat.
Called BMW genius today, said it's on the say to the port of departure and told me to call back Friday.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #302
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_hunter View Post
we have the same body and break color! But mine are the 18 inch Non Run Flat.
Called BMW genius today, said it's on the say to the port of departure and told me to call back Friday.
Nice!

Yea, the Genius told me the same for a few weeks now... must be a long ass trip from the factory to the port.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 08:45 PM   #303
BayM340
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:

Yea... I'm just going to tell you as someone who waited to see... You'll buy it anyway... so just save yourself the trouble of finding a place to install it, and do the port install. You'll be much happier... The spoiler on the other hand... Get yourself some Beta Link glue and you can honestly order that online yourself. I would however strongly advise you to get the M Reat Trim and Diffuser installed at port along with your MPE.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 09:10 PM   #304
ShadowM340
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yea... I'm just going to tell you as someone who waited to see... You'll buy it anyway... so just save yourself the trouble of finding a place to install it, and do the port install. You'll be much happier... The spoiler on the other hand... Get yourself some Beta Link glue and you can honestly order that online yourself. I would however strongly advise you to get the M Reat Trim and Diffuser installed at port along with your MPE.
So I got in touch with my BMW rep to add in the M Perf. options for port install and they said the system wouldn't let them add it since it's in the 150 phase of production...I thought that limitation only had to do with the factory-installed options I spec'd as the car wont hit the port for another few weeks at least I'd imagine... Odd. So they are looking into getting the parts and installing them at the dealer on arrival, will see what I can do about the labor component of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 11:16 PM   #305
BayM340
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
So I got in touch with my BMW rep to add in the M Perf. options for port install and they said the system wouldn't let them add it since it's in the 150 phase of production...I thought that limitation only had to do with the factory-installed options I spec'd as the car wont hit the port for another few weeks at least I'd imagine... Odd. So they are looking into getting the parts and installing them at the dealer on arrival, will see what I can do about the labor component of it.
Your dealer is so full of shit, I can see his eyes turning brown from California my guy... That's 100% bullshit, and anyone else here should be able to tell you that. You can 100% add the parts now for Port Installs. You can do it up until it hits the VDC at port, where they do the work... The reason why "They're checking into doing it as add ons" is so their Service team can get the install $$. You can add your options, however be aware that the CF Spoiler does make you get the front lip. You can't decouple those. You can however add the MPE by itself, the M Performance Trim, the Gloss or CF Rear Diffusers, and I think even the side skirts (which I thought came paired with the stupid decal but that happened to be false).

That's about as hard of truth as I can hit you with... I literally added my CF Diffuser and Rear Trim right as I was getting on the ship.

Edit for spoiler: Be aware they're starting to discontinue that Beta Link shit, and its about $100 for a tube of it if you order that spoiler on your own... Add that to the cost of it.

Last edited by BayM340; 02-18-2021 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: Beta Link edit.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2021, 12:12 AM   #306
ShadowM340
Private
Rep

Quote:
Your dealer is so full of shit, I can see his eyes turning brown from California my guy... That's 100% bullshit, and anyone else here should be able to tell you that. You can 100% add the parts now for Port Installs. You can do it up until it hits the VDC at port, where they do the work... The reason why "They're checking into doing it as add ons" is so their Service team can get the install $$. You can add your options, however be aware that the CF Spoiler does make you get the front lip. You can't decouple those. You can however add the MPE by itself, the M Performance Trim, the Gloss or CF Rear Diffusers, and I think even the side skirts (which I thought came paired with the stupid decal but that happened to be false).

That's about as hard of truth as I can hit you with... I literally added my CF Diffuser and Rear Trim right as I was getting on the ship.

Edit for spoiler: Be aware they're starting to discontinue that Beta Link shit, and its about $100 for a tube of it if you order that spoiler on your own... Add that to the cost of it.
That's exactly what I figured, I'm going to call them tomorrow to get this shit figured out, otherwise will try running it through the BMW Genius line. Appreciate the blunt input.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 01:46 PM   #307
Ghost719
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I had my MPE added onto my build right as it was ready for transport (2 wks ago). So just as Bay340 says your dealer is either full of shit () or incompetent in terms of what can be done with a vehicle prior to port arrival - if I had to bet I would say that it's the former. Also, I read some posts of people going around the dealer and just asking a genius or BMWNA to add it on if they couldn't with the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 07:27 PM   #308
Tony216
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330ix, x1, 328ix

I ordered my new 330iX on 2/2 and it finished production on the 12th. It's now at the port. The lease on my existing 330 expires on 3/31 so the timing should work out pretty well. And, I'll pick up the new car once the heaviest snow is gone.

I was surprised that it has a WBA vin, while all of the 330's and 340's at the dealer have 3MW which would indicate Mexico. All of these are x drives (likely based on our cold, snowy climate), as is mine, so that doesn't seem to distinguish Germany from Mexico.

I didn't order anything too unusual - Black Sapphire Metallic, Cognac interior, Premium package, and 19" wheels with all season tires.

Any hunch why mine is a German build instead of Mexico? I wonder if they just go with whoever has capacity?

Thx
Appreciate 0