Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin 2024 G26 poor cabin heat

11-30-2023, 11:12 AM   #1
Dan B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

2024 G26 poor cabin heat

2024 G26. Yes it is under warranty but before taking it in and finding out it is operator error, I thought I would ask here.

With auto climate control on, the cabin barely heats up. The air from the vents is lukewarm. It is slightly better when I control it manually but not much better. And regardless of mode, the fan speed seems low. Certainly not what I would expect when I turn the temp to max and the fan speed to the highest setting of 5.

For example, 20 degree ambient air temp, auto cabin temp set for 72, 10 minutes of remote engine start preheating, 10 minutes of driving. Using my Klein infrared thermometer, the aluminum surfaces are at 40 degrees. I have not measured the air temp but if feels like maybe 50-55 degrees.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 11:51 AM   #2
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
I have an issue similar to this in my G20. The heater box needed to be replaced most likely. The diverter flaps on the heater box aren't moving air where they should. I would set the air to 68* and my car would blow lukewarm air - set it to 67* and it became noticeably cold. Additionally, much less air would blow out in the footwell even at max airflow settings. I could also hear a groan-like sound when turning the car off and hear the flaps moving slowly inside the dash.

It would be worth having the dealer check out the functionality. FYI, I did not get any codes and had to drive back to the dealer three times to get BMW to finally say that the heater box was bad. If they end up needing to replace the heater box (core), the entire dash, screens, and everything has to come out.
Appreciate 1
Dan B291.50