Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions WHAT A FULL I AM and perhaps Others

01-29-2024, 10:20 PM   #67
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
You’re 70. Dont worry about what people think. If you don’t want a Mexico built car for whatever reason, then cancel the order. Personnaly, I think you’re telling yourself it’s an inferior build because of old stereotypes. However, my opinion shouldn’t matter to you. Have you visited or seen the videos from BMW Mexico plants? They are outstanding.

If you wanted a German built car, do the research. The M3 and M4 are German built. I ordered mine from Germany and tracked it from the German factory, on a boat across the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal and up the coast. Porsche is fine too.

You’re too old for this. Just cancel the order, move on, and enjoy your Porsche.

https://youtu.be/hykfHj11Yf8?si=iGCx91XfU-8qEPED

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 06:56 AM   #68
dudley@07726
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB E400 Cp, 2016 Audi A6

I initially didn't like the thought of my M340i built in Mexico.
It turned out to be of impeccable build quality.
      01-30-2024, 11:02 AM   #69
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley@07726 View Post
I initially didn't like the thought of my M340i built in Mexico.
It turned out to be of impeccable build quality.
Yes my 2021 330i also has great build quality.

3 years and 25k miles in and my first warranty claim would be a burnt glove compartment light, and a squeaky driver door lock.

The car has zero squeak and rattle until now (it can be a faulty door lock).

The panel gaps are perfectly aligned, the trim pieces are well flushed(except one exterior door trim that the foreman slapped back in place). I can't find any paint issue anywhere.

In contrast, my F30(bought 8 months into F30 production) was back to dealer 23 times in the first 4 years for recalls, scheduled maintenance, and misc. fixes under warranty. I did log 6k miles on loaners for those visits. I found clear coat drops hanging down at the bottom edge of the rear doors from the factory!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 11:06 PM   #70
MOTO
Turbo fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Garage List
I don't get the big deal of assembly in Mexico. Lots of companies are doing it. Boeing is making all kinds of stuff you fly in/on in China. That's a lot more scary but people do it without thought, day in and day out.

It's all about the proper assembly processes and quality control. All of that should be setup to BMW quality standards and closely monitored. I can't tell the difference between my new BMW assembled in Mexico, and the old 5 series that was all German made -- quality seems to be the same. Do I prefer to have a BMW 100% made in Germany? Yeah, sure.

You can thank globalism and the expectation of cheaper labor and goods for all of this -- as well as import/export issues in certain countires. The world has moved all mass production mfg's into this kind of oursourcing -- apparently people haven't caught onto that yet.

Nothing wrong with wanting a 100% German made BMW but do your homework, vs feeling butthurt when you learn after the fact, and come here trashing the brand, as if they tricked and lied to you.

This whole thing was "fullish" but no real harm, no foul -- you just won't get much sympathy from folks here with that approach (or anywhere, for the most part). In fact most people are aholes on forums/the internet. You better have thicker skin, when playing the game you did here.

ANYHOW,

Enjoy the 911 and I sure hope your health improves. Enjoy the time you have and the car that makes you feel giddy again. Can't go wrong with a 911, I miss mine dearly! God Bless.