Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum What MF rate is everyone getting?

06-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #23
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would advise you guys to NEVER pay a money factor markup. I have never paid one, but they always try.

When they bring me the deal sheet, I study it and then say:

"I see you've marked up the MF by XXXX which will cost me XXXX over the life of the lease. Can you tell me what value I am receiving for the XXXX that I am paying you above the BMWFS buy rate? If I paid cash for the car of financed with my own bank, I wouldn't be paying you anything, right?"

They usually take the deal sheet away, come back 10 minutes later and all is good. I've only ever had 1 dealer refuse to lower the MF, but they contacted me a week later and offered the buy rate. I said too bad, so sad, I already bought a car from another dealer.

Good luck out there, and don't be afraid to shop around or go out of state!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #24
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I stupidly paid a MF mark up once and from then on I explicitly say I will not even entertain the idea of buying from you if there is any MF padding.

I'm locked into May with 0.00165.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #25
NeverEnough007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i & 1991 Mtechnic E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I would advise you guys to NEVER pay a money factor markup. I have never paid one, but they always try.

When they bring me the deal sheet, I study it and then say:

"I see you've marked up the MF by XXXX which will cost me XXXX over the life of the lease. Can you tell me what value I am receiving for the XXXX that I am paying you above the BMWFS buy rate? If I paid cash for the car of financed with my own bank, I wouldn't be paying you anything, right?"

They usually take the deal sheet away, come back 10 minutes later and all is good. I've only ever had 1 dealer refuse to lower the MF, but they contacted me a week later and offered the buy rate. I said too bad, so sad, I already bought a car from another dealer.

Good luck out there, and don't be afraid to shop around or go out of state!
Great advice here. Thank you. The challenge is knowing if they have it marked up or not since bmw is not transparent in the range available.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #26
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough007 View Post
Great advice here. Thank you. The challenge is knowing if they have it marked up or not since bmw is not transparent in the range available.
Yes, that is the challenge, but you can almost always find the information floating around the internet. If you can't, don't buy the car until you can find the info.

I'll also say, I've never had a dealer lie about the money factor markup and pretend it wasn't marked up. They will tell you they are doing it - all you gotta do is ask.
Appreciate 0