Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Dead subwoofer m340

01-25-2021, 02:00 PM   #23
thatg20guy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglesias31 View Post
The new amp/booster will be arriving in the US within the next week or so. I have several customers waiting for it and I feel terrible because they're brand new M340s. :
Do you have any information on if a service bulletin will be released? i called my dealer this morning referencing the PUMA number and the new part number, and they said that since it's not a service bulletin, they have to diagnose first, open a claim with BMW, and then order the new replacement amp.

Any idea what I could do to convince them that this is the exact issue and to go through the diagnostic steps listed in the PUMA measure? They had never heard of this issue before.
      01-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #24
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatg20guy View Post
Quote:
The new amp/booster will be arriving in the US within the next week or so. I have several customers waiting for it and I feel terrible because they're brand new M340s. :
Do you have any information on if a service bulletin will be released? i called my dealer this morning referencing the PUMA number and the new part number, and they said that since it's not a service bulletin, they have to diagnose first, open a claim with BMW, and then order the new replacement amp.

Any idea what I could do to convince them that this is the exact issue and to go through the diagnostic steps listed in the PUMA measure? They had never heard of this issue before.
It's in the "Advanced Information" section so it's not technically a bulletin yet. I'll take a pic of it and post it for you guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 04:32 PM   #25
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Here it is...
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      01-25-2021, 04:34 PM   #26
thatg20guy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here it is...
Awesome - thank you!
      01-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #27
Ghost Ritual
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82

Quote:
Here it is...
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 12:45 PM   #28
thatg20guy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So I just came back from my dealership and they scanned the car and found no codes, even stored ones. I gave them the information about the PUMA case with the booster fault code but their response was (understandably) that if they can't find any fault codes in memory, technically there's nothing wrong unless they can reproduce the issue.

Did anyone who got the amp replaced have a fault code that was read by the service techs at the dealership? If not, how did you go about asking them to perform the replacement of the amp?
      01-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #29
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So I just came back from my dealership and they scanned the car and found no codes, even stored ones. I gave them the information about the PUMA case with the booster fault code but their response was (understandably) that if they can't find any fault codes in memory, technically there's nothing wrong unless they can reproduce the issue.

Did anyone who got the amp replaced have a fault code that was read by the service techs at the dealership? If not, how did you go about asking them to perform the replacement of the amp?
I haven't had any faults for customers that were saying the same things you guys are saying but I was able to verify them while driving the cars into the shop. BMW knows there's a problem with these boosters so why are dealerships so stubborn about replacing them when the issue is clearly there?! I just don't get it...sorry guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #30
thatg20guy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I haven't had any faults for customers that were saying the same things you guys are saying but I was able to verify them while driving the cars into the shop. BMW knows there's a problem with these boosters so why are dealerships so stubborn about replacing them when the issue is clearly there?! I just don't get it...sorry guys.
But you were able to replicate the issue once they had dropped the car off? At least I'm glad mine doesn't happen that often, so I will probably try to hold out until it happens again and drive to the dealership right away...such a hassle!
      01-27-2021, 05:14 PM   #31
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But you were able to replicate the issue once they had dropped the car off? At least I'm glad mine doesn't happen that often, so I will probably try to hold out until it happens again and drive to the dealership right away...such a hassle!
Yea, I've had 2 where as soon as I drove the car 50ft, no bass and popping from the speakers.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2021, 03:29 AM   #32
GURKANVURAL
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 2020 320I

I have the same issue. They ordered new amp with a new serial number . I think the mew one is EU made and have this serial number. I will write as soon as it s installed. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 06:17 PM   #33
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Old thread but does anyone know how I can test if the amp is actually getting powered? I have no bass and previously it would occasional cut off but come back on after car turned on and off. But now it’s been a month and no bass at all with the HK system. Even tried replacing amp with a newer version but no go. Just want to make sure amp of actually getting power before I start taking the seats out and seeing if the woofer themselves have gone bad.
Appreciate 0