Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Mineral grey 330e Msport

01-16-2021, 01:37 PM   #1
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e m sport

My September order has finally arrived at the dealers. Been a long slog but judging by the pics they've sent to me it is going to be worth it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
oz555671.00
      01-16-2021, 08:40 PM   #2
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Congrats for the purchase!
Share more pics after delivery
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 03:02 AM   #3
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Congrats for the purchase!
Share more pics after delivery
Absolutely.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #4
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Congratulations on your pending delivery.

I must say that was quick, I ordered my 330e M Sport Plus in December 19 and took delivery on 1st September 20 (I could have taken it on 9th August but after waiting 9 months and the 70 plate round the corner, what's another 3 weeks) 🤔

I thought 6 months for the F30 330e was long in 2016, without a pandemic 🙈
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #5
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Wow. That's a long wait. Covid won't of helped no doubt
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 03:26 PM   #6
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperistops View Post
Oh yes, switching the factory back on isn't as simple as it sounds? They had to get the engine plant up and running for a couple of weeks in preparation for vehicle production to start, and I suspect they make a fair few cars in the Munich area 🤔

I was quite happy in my F30 version until it arrived, so not like I was stuck in a shed or anything 😉
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 05:01 PM   #7
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelark View Post
Quote:
Oh yes, switching the factory back on isn't as simple as it sounds? They had to get the engine plant up and running for a couple of weeks in preparation for vehicle production to start, and I suspect they make a fair few cars in the Munich area 🤔

I was quite happy in my F30 version until it arrived, so not like I was stuck in a shed or anything 😉
I currently have a golf GTE, it's a class below the 330 but still hardly an old banger 😀.
Appreciate 1
seelark142.50
      02-20-2021, 04:18 PM   #8
feri130
Rep
Drives: M2 LCi

Quote:
I currently have a golf GTE, it's a class below the 330 but still hardly an old banger 😀.
Jasper, could you please compare the gte to the 330e a bit specifically? Currently i have a golf 7.5 gte which i like but the 31kms (about 2/3 of the route is 90kmh out of town rest is 50kmh in town) i drive every day to work just does not work out in these 0-2 celsius degrees plus i see the 3 series plush enough, nicer than the gte. I am not concerned about pure ev cars because i need the ice for long weekend journeys with the family.
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2021, 03:46 AM   #9
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feri130 View Post
Quote:
Jasper, could you please compare the gte to the 330e a bit specifically? Currently i have a golf 7.5 gte which i like but the 31kms (about 2/3 of the route is 90kmh out of town rest is 50kmh in town) i drive every day to work just does not work out in these 0-2 celsius degrees plus i see the 3 series plush enough, nicer than the gte. I am not concerned about pure ev cars because i need the ice for long weekend journeys with the family.
After a week or 2 of driving the 330 I will give my honest opinion. My commute is currently 8 miles either way with the ability to charge at work. I could probably get both ways without charging at the minute but I like to preheat so I plug in at work. I understand the 330 is a different technique to the golf for ev driving. Seems the hybrid mode is used more where as I used full EV a lot in the golf and utilised the B mode which the bmw doesn't have
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 12:26 PM   #10
feri130
Rep
Drives: M2 LCi

Quote:
After a week or 2 of driving the 330 I will give my honest opinion. My commute is currently 8 miles either way with the ability to charge at work. I could probably get both ways without charging at the minute but I like to preheat so I plug in at work. I understand the 330 is a different technique to the golf for ev driving. Seems the hybrid mode is used more where as I used full EV a lot in the golf and utilised the B mode which the bmw doesn't have
Thank you for the answer! And most importantly congrats to your new car! Have lots of safe and pleasent miles with it! (I should have started with it sorry)
So for how do you feel it, are you happy with your decision moving towards the 30e and not taking a newer hybrid vag car with more range capability than your previous golf gte? Gte is a hot(hottish) hatch that is good fun in gte mode in my opinion.- if we are talking about comparing fun of driving
I might be banned from here but merc also released 250e variant cla with a quite good ev range. - if we are talking about pure ev range. Have you tried those cars?

Last edited by feri130; 02-21-2021 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #11
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feri130 View Post
Quote:
Thank you for the answer! And most importantly congrats to your new car! Have lots of safe and pleasent miles with it! (I should have started with it sorry)
So for how do you feel it, are you happy with your decision moving towards the 30e and not taking a newer hybrid vag car with more range capability than your previous golf gte? Gte is a hot(hottish) hatch that is good fun in gte mode in my opinion.- if we are talking about comparing fun of driving
I might be banned from here but merc also released 250e variant cla with a quite good ev range. - if we are talking about pure ev range. Have you tried those cars?
I pick up my 330e in a little under 2 weeks. I had a test drive 330e for a weekend and it seemed to tick all the boxes. Only 2 negatives were the lack of sunglasses storage and the sound system is terrible.
Appreciate 0