Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums CANADA 330i Front Bumper conversion to M-style

01-19-2022, 11:45 PM   #1
nms1s
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i xDrive

330i Front Bumper conversion to M-style

Hey guys, need some help from my Canadian G20 owners regarding converting their standard front bumpers into M-Style. I've seen Keis Motorsports do the whole conversion and the swap itself can be done, my issue is that I'm not about to order the whole conversion kit from them since shipping from the US, taxes and possibly customs is gonna be unreasonably expensive.
I've thought of approaching body shops, to see if they can do the whole thing for me which is parts, paint, installation, but again, I don't know if this is the best way. Not even gonna mention the dealership, they'll probably charge like 6k to get this done.

So how do I go about doing this? Apparently the bumper itself isn't enough, and the M-style bumpers need some other pieces swapped as well for this to work (still not sure if this is for M340i bumpers only or if M Performance 330i bumper too). Anyways, if anyone has done this mod please speak up I need you lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 06:34 AM   #2
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

A good resource is to use realoem.com and look up the G20 330i and work with the body shop to order those specific parts.

I know the top of my head that base level 330is don't have fog lights, Sportline may have it. Whereas the 330i M-Sport version does. Also things to consider are additional options such as front camera for the 360 camera and adaptive radar cruise control that exist or do not exist on your current vehicle.

This is because the front grill will be different with the opening of the front camera(for the 360 camera option) and bottom intake will be different for the adaptive cruise option.

m340is don't have fog lights in the front.

Finally, if i'm not mistaken the M-sport version of 330i are slightly lower to the ground compared to the non M-Sport 330i versions from the factory and also have the black trim around the edges of the window.

Additional, not sure about the 2021 and 2022 G20 330is, but if you have the radar adaptive cruise, the bottom intake grill may be different as well as the newer models may use the European based radar vs North American one.

Definitely check and consult with the reputable bodyshop that has experience with G20s.

Last edited by WXdrivefun; 01-25-2022 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 07:57 AM   #3
nms1s
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i xDrive

I'm pretty sure my standard front bumper comes with foglights, just like this one.

Ive got the 360 camera but no adaptive cruise. I've already upgraded my grill to a black one and the camera goes directly into it. So I don't think front bumpers are different based on the camera since they don't interact with it (unless I'm missing something). You are right regarding the radar as well, I'll have to make sure to buy the non-radar version.

I'm more concerned about internal components that I might need to buy to make the conversion possible. The Kies guys for example change a few other things before installing the bumper, although they were upgrading to an M340i bumper. Hopefully I don't have to go through the same hassle if I'm converting to an 330i M-style.

Otherwise, thanks for the thorough response, that's a great checklist to reference when making the purchase.
Appreciate 0