Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Driving assistant pro errors

11-03-2020, 02:48 AM   #1
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Driving assistant pro errors

Hi all,

Any one with driving assistant plus had the below errors? I stopped my car to investigate and notice the space between the windscreen and cameras was full of condensation - the heating elements are linked to the heated rear screen which is odd...I'd have thought they'd be on all the time. I'm worrying my windscreen isn't sealed properly!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #2
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Just noticed your post today.

Strangely enough I was out in my car today, up to this time I had only 135 miles on the car and I noticed similar condensation but I didn't seem to have any errors. Probably worth asking BMW about it.

I didn't notice this anytime in my previous F31.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #3
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
Just noticed your post today.

Strangely enough I was out in my car today, up to this time I had only 135 miles on the car and I noticed similar condensation but I didn't seem to have any errors. Probably worth asking BMW about it.

I didn't notice this anytime in my previous F31.
Yeah it's booked in next week to be looked at. I ran the car on an hours drive with the air con on, so hopefully that's helped de-humidify the cabin a bit. Will see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
Zorrotwo
Private
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Yeah it's booked in next week to be looked at. I ran the car on an hours drive with the air con on, so hopefully that's helped de-humidify the cabin a bit. Will see what they say.
keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #5
Spartanets
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M-Sport

Quote:
Hi all,

Any one with driving assistant plus had the below errors? I stopped my car to investigate and notice the space between the windscreen and cameras was full of condensation - the heating elements are linked to the heated rear screen which is odd...I'd have thought they'd be on all the time. I'm worrying my windscreen isn't sealed properly!
I've had it twice now on separate journeys, both about an hour into the drive, but I put it down to the hideous torrential rain at the time.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #6
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanets View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

I've had it twice now on separate journeys, both about an hour into the drive, but I put it down to the hideous torrential rain at the time.
That's not a good sign...surely the top of the windscreen should be better sealed!?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 04:17 AM   #7
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

I think what Spartanets is referring to is when the rain is so heavy you can't see the road markings, happened to me twice in one journey when the rain was biblical, a camera is always going to struggle in such bad conditions.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #8
Snakedogm340
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i

Quote:
Hi how did they fix it?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 02:24 AM   #9
Robsa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by machman767 View Post
I think what Spartanets is referring to is when the rain is so heavy you can't see the road markings, happened to me twice in one journey when the rain was biblical, a camera is always going to struggle in such bad conditions.
Yep, I've had it a couple of times in the torrential rain too. Once it dies down it's fine.

There's no 'fix' other than the rain stopping as far as I am aware.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #10
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

I’ve had the same issue at least a dozen times in the last 13 months but only on motorways during torrential rain. I applied Rain-X to all the windows and rain just blows off now. Hasn’t happened since I did this a couple of months ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 04:13 PM   #11
chaoman
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I also had the same messages pop up for not only restricted driving assistance and also malfunction parking assistance in this post. I took the car to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong with the sensors nor camera. They stated that it's due to raining or direct sunlight conditions and this annoying messages are "informational" only...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2023, 09:53 AM   #12
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘72’ BMW M340d G20 LCI

Not quite the same thing, but anyone with driving assistance pro had it where you are passing a vehicle and it decides to brake!?!
I was middle lane motorway, coming up to a lorry on the inside lane, adaptive cruise set at 70mph, the the car just heavy brakes like I was going into the back of someone….. person behind me didn’t appreciate the braking either.
Had it a couple of times now, seems pointless in some ways having adaptive cruise.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2023, 10:00 AM   #13
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funboy78 View Post
Not quite the same thing, but anyone with driving assistance pro had it where you are passing a vehicle and it decides to brake!?!
I was middle lane motorway, coming up to a lorry on the inside lane, adaptive cruise set at 70mph, the the car just heavy brakes like I was going into the back of someone….. person behind me didn’t appreciate the braking either.
Had it a couple of times now, seems pointless in some ways having adaptive cruise.
Hate adaptive cruise control, it's a system that replaces driver skill and ability which is what we should all be aiming to achieve a high degree of surely?
Appreciate 2
B6WAF77.50
      03-09-2023, 12:27 PM   #14
barian
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
Hate adaptive cruise control, it's a system that replaces driver skill and ability which is what we should all be aiming to achieve a high degree of surely?
Couldn't agree more. I feel exactly the same about syncromesh on manual gearboxes - takes all the skill out of changing gears. And don't get me started on automatics.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2023, 04:42 PM   #15
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

And as for electric windows. Takes all the fun out of winding them down with a handle. Don’t get me started on central locking….
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2023, 05:03 PM   #16
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I’m a bit disappointed, I thought it would have provoked a few more responses than this!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 11:23 AM   #17
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
I’m a bit disappointed, I thought it would have provoked a few more responses than this!
No offence, but it’s a bit of a generalised comment - personally I’d not be without DAP on my car, as I do a lot of miles and it helps take the stress out of it. I’ve done a fair amount of adavanced driver training in my career, and don’t think these systems are detracting from that necessarily…however I do appreciate there are idiots out there who will think it’s “self driving” and can get in the back seat type of thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 11:44 AM   #18
Herr Gross Byte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Agreed. The clue is in the name. It's an "assistant." It takes away a bit of the stress as you know it's watching out too. I find I roll into work a little bit fresher.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2023, 03:25 PM   #19
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Gross Byte View Post
Agreed. The clue is in the name. It's an "assistant." It takes away a bit of the stress as you know it's watching out too. I find I roll into work a little bit fresher.
Totally - it’s like an extra pair of eyes, as a metaphor.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 04:25 PM   #20
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Several pairs of eyes. And two and half pairs of radar sensors!

I love DAP. When I have it switched on it allows me to relax a little, and when I have it switched off I know that all those sensors are still trying to protect me.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 07:57 AM   #21
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘72’ BMW M340d G20 LCI

Quote:
No offence, but it’s a bit of a generalised comment - personally I’d not be without DAP on my car, as I do a lot of miles and it helps take the stress out of it. I’ve done a fair amount of adavanced driver training in my career, and don’t think these systems are detracting from that necessarily…however I do appreciate there are idiots out there who will think it’s “self driving” and can get in the back seat type of thing.
Absolutely agree!
My work journeys can go from Wiltshire to Newcastle, I specifically wanted DAP for the reason ‘assisted driving’. With my old cruise control you are constantly adjusting, braking, it was mostly pointless. The reason for DAP is to let it adjust accordingly.
However, as per my post I didn’t expect the sudden braking when the lane was clear…… so wondered if anyone else had experienced similar.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 10:02 AM   #22
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Now that’s much better! I was curious as to what others saw as benefits or drawbacks to ACC.
Everybody’s opinions are valid and appreciated and any system which assists or even more importantly enhances safety is to be applauded, since I too like Beemer9to5 have had extensive past experience in advanced driving though not in the training side of it.
I personally don’t like ACC but then again rarely use basic cruise control anyway unless it’s average speed monitored roadworks for example.
Appreciate 0