Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e delivery halt

08-28-2020, 03:26 AM   #45
Conrod Bent
Rep
Drives: G20 330e Sport

I am now getting two codes, the first one being slightly different to yours.

There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061580500.

There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code STOP020700

Are both of these for the same problem, I am getting confused ��
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 03:34 AM   #46
AD2020
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Just checked again and I have both;

There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061560500.

and

There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code STOP020700

Must have missed the second one when I looked last night, thinking it had just been replaced.

Maybe the top one is the action necessary as a result of the check?
Suppose it could be that one means one type of fix, the other a different fix.
Might call up the dealer and ask them.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #47
Jgr1249
Private
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2020 View Post
Just checked again and I have both;

There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061560500.

and

Must have missed the second one when I looked last night, thinking it had just been replaced.

Maybe the top one is the action necessary as a result of the check?
Suppose it could be that one means one type of fix, the other a different fix.
Might call up the dealer and ask them.
Great keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #48
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgr1249 View Post
Great keep us updated!
Phoned the dealer, clueless....

Phoned the lease company, hold music for 30 minutes+ so abandoned and emailed....
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #49
DanAdam2
Rep
Drives: 330e 2020

The info I got is that since Tue/Wed BMW Germany have been testing cars they haven't sent to dealers yet. The test is about charging high-voltage battery (the issue might occur when the battery is (fully?) charged for the first time), and it might narrow down the number of vehicles affected.

BMW also registered the campaign in their system, and it seems they have the testing programme ready. However, they are running it on the cars they physically have before they release the details to the dealers. Dealers then would run the diagnosis themselves, and that is to be verified by BMW Germany before allowing to release a car. No idea what would happen if the test on a car failed.

The outraging part is there is no timescale yet. I have been on tenterhooks for over 2 weeks now, and they can't even tell when my car would be checked.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 11:27 AM   #50
Conrod Bent
Rep
Drives: G20 330e Sport

I have just found this on a Canadian website, where they say the fix will be to replace the battery modules if necessary.
https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/recalls/2020385/
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 11:33 AM   #51
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Bent View Post
I have just found this on a Canadian website, where they say the fix will be to replace the battery modules if necessary.
https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/recalls/2020385/
Thanks!
Certainly gives more info than I’ve had from the dealer/ BMW website or lease company.
So the issue is with the batteries rather than the body of the car, so presumably they would order in and fit replacement batteries if required.

Issue:
On certain Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV), weld beads may not have been removed from the high voltage battery during assembly.

As a result, during the initial charge to at least 80% of capacity, the weld beads could cause a short circuit between the battery cells.

Safety Risk:
A short circuit could create the risk of a fire.

Corrective Actions:
BMW will notify owners by mail and instruct you to take your vehicle to a dealer to inspect the high voltage battery.

The battery modules will be replaced, if necessary.

Note: Only one of the affected vehicles was sold to a retail customer.

Dealers will inspect and repair all other vehicles before they are sold.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 11:35 AM   #52
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAdam2 View Post
The info I got is that since Tue/Wed BMW Germany have been testing cars they haven't sent to dealers yet. The test is about charging high-voltage battery (the issue might occur when the battery is (fully?) charged for the first time), and it might narrow down the number of vehicles affected.

BMW also registered the campaign in their system, and it seems they have the testing programme ready. However, they are running it on the cars they physically have before they release the details to the dealers. Dealers then would run the diagnosis themselves, and that is to be verified by BMW Germany before allowing to release a car. No idea what would happen if the test on a car failed.

The outraging part is there is no timescale yet. I have been on tenterhooks for over 2 weeks now, and they can't even tell when my car would be checked.
Thanks
Shouldn’t take too long to test and presumably they will have spare batteries available if required.

Agreed it’s irritating as *+=# !
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 04:11 AM   #53
kaipajo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

My 330e was held at port here in Finland for around a week because of the delivery halt, but it has now cleared for delivery. Will be getting it after next week. So it seems that they also completing the tests at ports.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 04:41 AM   #54
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaipajo View Post
My 330e was held at port here in Finland for around a week because of the delivery halt, but it has now cleared for delivery. Will be getting it after next week. So it seems that they also completing the tests at ports.
Makes sense.
Charge battery up away from built up area, it it catches fire push it into sea😁
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 09:16 AM   #55
gpretired
Rep
Drives: M Roadster, X5 phev45

I have a x5 45e (don't hold that against me) on stop sale since August 13th. The car has been examined, but they will not release nor confirm that it is defective and no projected timeframe for releasing.

I fear that the batteries may in fact be in short supply with limited capacity to build. I think new battery priority would be,

1) Current Production
2) Repair of cars already in the hands of owners
3) Stop sale cars
4) Unsold inventory.

If true it could be weeks or more to get a fix, I am already at 16 days and counting

Has anyone had there batteries replaced due to this issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 04:23 PM   #56
Jgr1249
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpretired View Post
I have a x5 45e (don't hold that against me) on stop sale since August 13th. The car has been examined, but they will not release nor confirm that it is defective and no projected timeframe for releasing.

I fear that the batteries may in fact be in short supply with limited capacity to build. I think new battery priority would be,

1) Current Production
2) Repair of cars already in the hands of owners
3) Stop sale cars
4) Unsold inventory.

If true it could be weeks or more to get a fix, I am already at 16 days and counting

Has anyone had there batteries replaced due to this issue.
I don’t believe anybody has has yet
I also agree with your comments above re priorities -

I was due to collect my car on Tuesday 1st and hoping for a delivery in September - but who knows

Last I was told is that there should be a solution out this week but as far as I can see nobody knows or has heard as yet

Looks like we could be in for the long haul!

Be good when we can get some more answers
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #57
AD2020
Private
Rep

Just spoke to the lease company, even more clueless than the dealer!

Told me that the car was ready for delivery, had then to explain the issue and the previous conversations. Lease company going to phone dealer, don’t hold out much hope for getting any more sense today!

Anybody else had any updates since last week?
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2020, 11:12 AM   #58
Jgr1249
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2020 View Post
Just spoke to the lease company, even more clueless than the dealer!

Told me that the car was ready for delivery, had then to explain the issue and the previous conversations. Lease company going to phone dealer, don’t hold out much hope for getting any more sense today!

Anybody else had any updates since last week?
I’ve been told to call back on 3rd! Anybody else??
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #59
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320d

LeasePlan emailed me to tell me my car is being delivered tomorrow but of course it’s still on hold! The dealer doesn’t seem to have told LeasePlan about the recall so it’s not looking good for a swift resolution in my case! :-(
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #60
Jgr1249
Private
Rep

I may call BMW customer service and see if they can shed any light on timescales, bearing in mind that we were promised a solution last week!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 07:46 PM   #61
gpretired
Rep
Drives: M Roadster, X5 phev45

Here in the US, they have been frustratingly tight lipped about this problem. I am now at 19 days of car on hold, with no information from the BMW as noted in prior posts.

I do not wish to be pessimistic but I fear that no news is bad news...

Good luck on getting any expectations from BMW on repair lead time. Let us know what you find. I am still looking for the first person to be released from stop sale, anywhere in the world.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 07:58 AM   #62
Aitch73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Mine has been in the dealer since early Aug, originally ordered Jan through Arval as it's a company vehicle. Struggled to get much info from Arval regarding delivery (revised expected was Jul 27th) for weeks. Eventually spoke to the dealer (last week 27-08) who advised:- Your vehicle is currently on delivery hold from BMW AG. Reference a delivery stop concerning the high voltage battery. We cannot release your vehicle until we have instructions from BMW AG. At present we do not have a timescale yet from them and they have expressed that it will be a slow process and could take several weeks. Nightmare!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #63
Jackrack
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Picked my 330e up from Sytners yesterday, i asked them about the current issues - they said they haven't had any delays at all? This was from Sytner Coventry...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #64
Jgr1249
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrack View Post
Picked my 330e up from Sytners yesterday, i asked them about the current issues - they said they haven't had any delays at all? This was from Sytner Coventry...
Hi jack
Do you know when it was built?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #65
Gurgel
Registered
Rep
Drives: G21 330e Touring

After two weeks of delay I got told Monday that the car had to go back to the port for testing (Malmö, Sweden). The car has been at the dealership for a month already. The dealers are not allowed to test them. Technicians from Germany will test the cars there. The test is to charge the car over 80% battery level at least three times. If that works fine, the car can be delivered. If not, I suppose it catches fire. The only explanation for the long extra transport is that BMW doesn’t want the cars to burn at the dealerships. No one will notice a few cars burning in Malmö, cars are set on fire there every night. I am so sick of this (mostly the lack of info from BMW) I almost wish it will burn. Kind of don’t want it anymore. Built during the holidays in the middle of Civid 19. Of course it was built by summer workers. It was stupid to order one for July production.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #66
Jgr1249
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgel View Post
After two weeks of delay I got told Monday that the car had to go back to the port for testing (Malmö, Sweden). The car has been at the dealership for a month already. The dealers are not allowed to test them. Technicians from Germany will test the cars there. The test is to charge the car over 80% battery level at least three times. If that works fine, the car can be delivered. If not, I suppose it catches fire. The only explanation for the long extra transport is that BMW doesn’t want the cars to burn at the dealerships. No one will notice a few cars burning in Malmö, cars are set on fire there every night. I am so sick of this (mostly the lack of info from BMW) I almost wish it will burn. Kind of don’t want it anymore. Built during the holidays in the middle of Civid 19. Of course it was built by summer workers. It was stupid to order one for July production.
Brilliant
After waiting since February I can go on google earth and see a ball of fire in Southampton which means a wait until next January! Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0