Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Individual orders delayed ?

01-31-2021, 10:47 AM   #23
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

What seats did you go for as a matter of interest? The spec definitely gets locked into the production schedule a couple of weeks before build actually begins. If it’s being built in mid March I would have thought it wouldn’t be locked yet but I guess the dealer knows.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 10:59 AM   #24
AB55
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
What seats did you go for as a matter of interest? The spec definitely gets locked into the production schedule a couple of weeks before build actually begins. If it’s being built in mid March I would have thought it wouldn’t be locked yet but I guess the dealer knows.
It will have the standard sport seats that come in the m340 but I would have liked to change to the front M seats. It's an individual colour (SMB) so not sure if that is why it can't be changed. I may go back and dispute this with the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 04:25 AM   #25
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
I keep trying my chassis number in the connected app and yesterday the car actually appeared on the app! Obviously I can't access the idrive to get the code but it does show the car
Attached Images

'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 11:42 AM   #26
Simon.James7
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i (due December 2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB55 View Post
Hi all

I put in an individual order against an M340d last week. I don't have a build slot yet, I have went with San Marino blue on the car but I am expecting a delay with this order due to the individual colour as well as current circumstances.

Wondering if anyone else has placed an individual order recently and if so, how do the time frames look?

Thanks in advance
Hi AB55,

Nice colour selection. I’m a bit biased as late July 2020, I ordered my M340i saloon, similarly in San Marino Blue (favourite M colour). Unfortunately I’ve suffered a couple of delays, perhaps Covid played a part but there was I believe BMW changed the factory where individual colours were painted and this has caused delays. My car was due late December but isn’t due now until mid-late March. I’m hoping it’s not any longer!! I have also been told they paint individual colours in batches so maybe our cars will be painted at a similar time.

I have ordered ivory white merino leather and a few other options. When I spotted the M seats and red brake caliper option I emailed asking about the latter to be told I couldn’t change the order now, though I just accepted it.

I’ll look forward to seeing your car and hearing more!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:18 PM   #27
AB55
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.James7 View Post
Quote:
Hi all

I put in an individual order against an M340d last week. I don't have a build slot yet, I have went with San Marino blue on the car but I am expecting a delay with this order due to the individual colour as well as current circumstances.

Wondering if anyone else has placed an individual order recently and if so, how do the time frames look?

Thanks in advance
Hi AB55,

Nice colour selection. I’m a bit biased as late July 2020, I ordered my M340i saloon, similarly in San Marino Blue (favourite M colour). Unfortunately I’ve suffered a couple of delays, perhaps Covid played a part but there was I believe BMW changed the factory where individual colours were painted and this has caused delays. My car was due late December but isn’t due now until mid-late March. I’m hoping it’s not any longer!! I have also been told they paint individual colours in batches so maybe our cars will be painted at a similar time.

I have ordered ivory white merino leather and a few other options. When I spotted the M seats and red brake caliper option I emailed asking about the latter to be told I couldn’t change the order now, though I just accepted it.

I’ll look forward to seeing your car and hearing more!

Cheers
Hi Simon,

Cheers for sharing that info. That is a crazy long time to wait. Although I am sure it will be well worth the wait, your colour combo sounds lovely. I went with cognac.

I'll continue to update this thread and share any updates I get, would be pretty cool if our cars were painted in same batch.

I had same feedback from dealer after I spotted the M seats, and also accepted. For me the San Marino colour was everything, I wanted something I won't get bored of and every time I see SMB it blows me away. We must be part of a small group of SMB M340s out there....

Did you look into adding any M performance parts ie rear spoiler etc ?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:20 PM   #28
AB55
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by verysideways View Post
I keep trying my chassis number in the connected app and yesterday the car actually appeared on the app! Obviously I can't access the idrive to get the code but it does show the car
Awesome mate. Is your build still on track for March?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #29
xenon
Major General
England
Rep

I admire you guys’ patience but console yourselves with the fact that when you do take delivery it will look awesome.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #30
AB55
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I admire you guys’ patience but console yourselves with the fact that when you do take delivery it will look awesome.
Cheers xenon , I have been trying to tell myself this. What's your eta on yours ?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:47 PM   #31
xenon
Major General
England
Rep

Quote:
Cheers xenon , I have been trying to tell myself this. What's your eta on yours ?
In production now so the on-line genius says eta at dealer is w/c 22nd feb so should hopefully be first week in March for collection.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2021, 12:52 PM   #32
AB55
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
In production now so the on-line genius says eta at dealer is w/c 22nd feb so should hopefully be first week in March for collection.
Bet you can't wait ! How does the genius part work? Does my dealer need to provide VIN to get updates from genius ?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:56 PM   #33
xenon
Major General
England
Rep

No you just need your order number and they will give you the current status. The VIN is allocated as it starts production.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 01:52 AM   #34
Simon.James7
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Simon,

Cheers for sharing that info. That is a crazy long time to wait. Although I am sure it will be well worth the wait, your colour combo sounds lovely. I went with cognac.

I'll continue to update this thread and share any updates I get, would be pretty cool if our cars were painted in same batch.

I had same feedback from dealer after I spotted the M seats, and also accepted. For me the San Marino colour was everything, I wanted something I won't get bored of and every time I see SMB it blows me away. We must be part of a small group of SMB M340s out there....

No problem, I’ve been wondering for a while if anyone is experiencing delays, so I was oddly happy to find your post, but my fingers are crossed you don’t have the same wait! I have debated whether I cancel the order (and I was scared about Brexit at one point...) but I do really love the new G20 shape and interior, so with SMB I think it will be a very long term car! I was originally considering Sunset Orange but like you SMB just looks amazing, in person and in sunshine or cloud.

Cognac sounds great, nice and warm. I really did struggle to chose the interior colour! I haven’t done anything about any M Performance parts yet, but do think I’ll likely get the front splitter, rear diffuser and lip spoiler. What about you?

I’ll let you know when I hear more about my car!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 01:53 AM   #35
Simon.James7
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks xenon, it’s definitely been very frustrating, but I keep telling myself just that when I start to consider other options in my mind 😆
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 05:29 AM   #36
AB55
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Simon,

No problem, I’ve been wondering for a while if anyone is experiencing delays, so I was oddly happy to find your post, but my fingers are crossed you don’t have the same wait! I have debated whether I cancel the order (and I was scared about Brexit at one point...) but I do really love the new G20 shape and interior, so with SMB I think it will be a very long term car! I was originally considering Sunset Orange but like you SMB just looks amazing, in person and in sunshine or cloud.

Cognac sounds great, nice and warm. I really did struggle to chose the interior colour! I haven’t done anything about any M Performance parts yet, but do think I’ll likely get the front splitter, rear diffuser and lip spoiler. What about you?

I’ll let you know when I hear more about my car!
Thanks , let's hope no more delays ....🤞

Not sure , I have been toying with m795 wheels, but I'm not sure how these will look. I actually like the cerium grey against SMB, so I though about getting the silver M795 but unsure if the silvers will clash... (sound like my wife at this point)

The black ones may draw the look off the SMB but I do prefer them black I think..

Might just add a nice rear lip debating diffuser. Too easy to over do it IMO. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 03:41 PM   #37
Simon.James7
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Simon,

No problem, I've been wondering for a while if anyone is experiencing delays, so I was oddly happy to find your post, but my fingers are crossed you don't have the same wait! I have debated whether I cancel the order (and I was scared about Brexit at one point...) but I do really love the new G20 shape and interior, so with SMB I think it will be a very long term car! I was originally considering Sunset Orange but like you SMB just looks amazing, in person and in sunshine or cloud.

Cognac sounds great, nice and warm. I really did struggle to chose the interior colour! I haven't done anything about any M Performance parts yet, but do think I'll likely get the front splitter, rear diffuser and lip spoiler. What about you?

I'll let you know when I hear more about my car!

Not sure , I have been toying with m795 wheels, but I'm not sure how these will look. I actually like the cerium grey against SMB, so I though about getting the silver M795 but unsure if the silvers will clash... (sound like my wife at this point)

The black ones may draw the look off the SMB but I do prefer them black I think..

Might just add a nice rear lip debating diffuser. Too easy to over do it IMO. Cheers
I agree, I like the cerium grey contrast with SMB, so didn't order the shadowline pack. However personally, I'd say go with black in the 795, it's a shame that BMW don't make them in cerium grey, but do think they'll look nice in black than the silver/ferric grey, if you still have the grill contrast.

I'd owned an M240i until placing the order (sold over the summer to maximise sale price, regret in part because of my long wait), but one thing that it did well was sound because it was pre OPF. So I'm going to look to the exhaust before much of the exterior add ons I think...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #38
Simon.James7
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Simon,

No problem, I've been wondering for a while if anyone is experiencing delays, so I was oddly happy to find your post, but my fingers are crossed you don't have the same wait! I have debated whether I cancel the order (and I was scared about Brexit at one point...) but I do really love the new G20 shape and interior, so with SMB I think it will be a very long term car! I was originally considering Sunset Orange but like you SMB just looks amazing, in person and in sunshine or cloud.

Cognac sounds great, nice and warm. I really did struggle to chose the interior colour! I haven't done anything about any M Performance parts yet, but do think I'll likely get the front splitter, rear diffuser and lip spoiler. What about you?

Confirmation today that my car is built and is waiting to be shipped over from the factory to the UK! Aiming for delivery to me by late March depending on availability of slots, so I'm happy there isn't a further delay.

I'll upload some photos once I've taken delivery!
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2021, 01:52 PM   #39
AB55
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Simon,

Confirmation today that my car is built and is waiting to be shipped over from the factory to the UK! Aiming for delivery to me by late March depending on availability of slots, so I'm happy there isn't a further delay.

I'll upload some photos once I've taken delivery!
Great news mate! Bet you can't wait to get it. Yes do that, looking forward to seeing it!

I really hope my order stays on schedule... cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 03:15 PM   #40
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

How much is the average cost for individual paint?! im looking at speed yellow or java green for my m440i.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 06:41 PM   #41
AB55
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
How much is the average cost for individual paint?! im looking at speed yellow or java green for my m440i.
Depends on the paint. Mines was around £4,500. If you look on the visualiser it shows the cost against each paint option.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 02:31 AM   #42
Simon.James7
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
The vast majority are around £4,400-£4,500 as AB55 said, depends on the exchange rate. If some of the colours are already in a production line they're usually around £2,300-£2,500 (such as Hockenheim Silver as used on the M2 and Donington Grey used on X3M and X4M).

The paint to sample I believe costs a lot more.

Java Green is a great colour, one of my favourites, if you want a bold colour I think that would be more special than Speed Yellow. Let us know what you go for!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 03:27 AM   #43
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
Yup, £4400 here 👍
'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 05:40 AM   #44