Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Mission Performance working on first full E85 M340 tune

08-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #1
itsglen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Exclamation Mission Performance working on first full E85 M340 tune

Alex/Mission Performance is testing his full E85 tune already (I guess this is what you do when you have cracked access to the DME - I imagine it's like being a kid in a candy-store)

Anyhoo...Just passing along information that I find interesting. A full E85 tune on the 340 is kinda the holy grail that no has been able to achieve on the stock 340. Early on many claimed they could (full E85) but all fell short (I'm being kind by saying that - it was all much worse) - but it seems that with the M340 changes (major one being the new HPFP) combined with Alex's talents full E85 tune is within the realm of reason with simply a tune and a tank of corn

Now why this is important to us as drivers, or if it makes sense to individual owners or what will come as a result of this breakthrough is TBD.

For me as others have shared
Attached Images

Last edited by itsglen; 08-08-2019 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #2
Dmejia91
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335 xdrive M Sport

Id love to do this to my m340xi, did he upgrade the fuel pump or is it the stock one that it comes with??
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 11:34 PM   #3
itsglen
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmejia91 View Post
Id love to do this to my m340xi, did he upgrade the fuel pump or is it the stock one that it comes with??
So my info is only as good as what I read on IG - with that disclaimer in place :-) it seems this is the stock fuel pump which would be amazingly good
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 11:36 PM   #4
Dmejia91
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335 xdrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsglen View Post
Quote:
So my info is only as good as what I read on IG - with that disclaimer in place :-) it seems this is the stock fuel pump which would be amazingly good
That's nuts if it is. Just to think that his tune would provide an decent increase in hp & tq, he just scraped the tip of the iceberg. Can't wait until he releases for purchase
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 04:51 AM   #5
vicfalc09
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsglen View Post
Quote:
That's nuts if it is. Just to think that his tune would provide an decent increase in hp & tq, he just scraped the tip of the iceberg. Can't wait until he releases for purchase
They did release it for purchase already:

https://missiontuning.com/bmw-engine...lash-tune.html
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #6
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfalc09 View Post
They did release it for purchase already:

https://missiontuning.com/bmw-engine...lash-tune.html
That looks to be for the standard M340 tune which is really awesome...I don't believe a full E85 (meaning you fill your entire tank with E85) tune/flash has been released just yet.
Appreciate 1
MAKH 587.00