Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) M340i Factory Spoiler on a 330i?

01-20-2020, 12:33 AM   #1
FUZCO
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS

M340i Factory Spoiler on a 330i?

Hi all. I noticed that the m340i comes with the discreet body matched paint rear lip spoiler but not the 330i M-Sport. Can this be ordered on a 330i custom build?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 06:17 AM   #2
john!smith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i XDrive

you can order any g20 rear trunk spoiler. it will fit.
but the stock m340 spoiler is really small. there are two more... one midsize and a bigger one. just look at the m performance ones in the official online shop in your region.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
FUZCO
Banned
Rep

Hi John. I’m ordering a custom build portimao blue or sunset orange with the black kidney grill and the 791 bi color wheels. Do you think that the m performance matte black lip spoiler to be paint matched or in gloss black would look better than the m340 one on the car? I’m surprised that they can’t be ordered in a matching BMW color - or at the least - in gloss black to match the rest of the parts?

Was the intent to produce a matte black to be applied as is? Wondering if anyone has it installed sans painting. IMO, it’s just another cost and project to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #4
john!smith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i XDrive

you can get gloss black and carbon.. both fit perfect to the colours you named. it is a mather of choice. i will do the front splitter in gloss black. also the sideskirts and reardiffuser. the front spoiler extension and the trunk spoiler will be carbon. my car is dravit. but that will also look great on any other colour. specially when you install the blacked grill.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
aguycalleddb
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUZCO View Post
Hi John. I’m ordering a custom build portimao blue or sunset orange with the black kidney grill and the 791 bi color wheels. Do you think that the m performance matte black lip spoiler to be paint matched or in gloss black would look better than the m340 one on the car? I’m surprised that they can’t be ordered in a matching BMW color - or at the least - in gloss black to match the rest of the parts?

Was the intent to produce a matte black to be applied as is? Wondering if anyone has it installed sans painting. IMO, it’s just another cost and project to do.
I've got the small m sport spoiler on my SO, came as part of a pack in the UK, looks ok in my opinion
Attached Images

G42 /// M240i Thundernight
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 03:10 PM   #6
FUZCO
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguycalleddb View Post
I've got the small m sport spoiler on my SO, came as part of a pack in the UK, looks ok in my opinion
I’m thinking of having this ordered with the car but in glossy black to match the gloss black kidney grill. Hopefully it can be done. I like the subtle lip. The matte black m performance one is even bigger.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 03:13 PM   #7
aguycalleddb
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I’m thinking of having this ordered with the car but in glossy black to match the gloss black kidney grill. Hopefully it can be done. I like the subtle lip. The matte black m performance one is even bigger.
In the UK the spoiler is in black as part of the M Sport Plus edition, so I don't see why it wouldn't be available for the rest of world, I prefer the smaller one to the performance one

G42 /// M240i Thundernight
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 07:11 PM   #8
FUZCO
Banned
Rep

Quote:
In the UK the spoiler is in black as part of the M Sport Plus edition, so I don't see why it wouldn't be available for the rest of world, I prefer the smaller one to the performance one
This 👍🏻👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:33 AM   #9
Phippsy81
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport Plu

It's a small colour matched spoiler as standard part of the M Sport Plus Pack on the 330i. It's better than no spoiler, but I wish it was a tiny bit bigger tbh
Attached Images

330i M Sport Plus
Previous- 435D M Sport
Appreciate 1
FUZCO29.00
      01-26-2020, 09:45 PM   #10
FUZCO
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phippsy81 View Post
It's a small colour matched spoiler as standard part of the M Sport Plus Pack on the 330i. It's better than no spoiler, but I wish it was a tiny bit bigger tbh
I like it. Simple but sporty and classy. Wondering if anyone has this painted in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:26 PM   #11
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I like it. Simple but sporty and classy. Wondering if anyone has this painted in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #12
BOS_BSM_G20
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
Anyone purchase the OEM-like lip spoiler for the G20 off CARiD or JDSPEED? I'm looking for a factory looking match for my 330i and these are way cheaper than the BMW part itself.

More specifically, anyone know the quality of product & paint jobs from either of these vendors?
Appreciate 1
Conezz103.00