Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum BMW Individual Ordering Process?

05-04-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
DZ F30
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport

BMW Individual Ordering Process?

As someone who would be seriously interested in ordering a car through BMW's individual program, I'm curious to know what the experience is like? Meaning, what does the process look like when one is ordering a car with special paint/upholstery?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #2
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
It's the same, it just cost more........
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 1
DZ F30303.50
      05-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
You need to allow way more lead time. The color you choose has to be approved by BMW AG. There are way more options to Individual than just paint, for example, contrasting stitching is available. There are other more customized possibilities as well. If you want to see all the possibilities, have your CA arrange a consultation with someone at DesignWorks.

My wife ordered a 2018 M4 with Individual San Marino Blue paint and Individual Polar Blue stitching in November 2017. After being delayed initially due to the dealer not getting an allocation right away (usually not a problem with non-M cars), the initial requested delivery date of May 2018 was pushed back because BMW couldn't supply the Individual stitching in time for a May delivery. We pushed it back a few more weeks so that we could go to the German Grand Prix in July rather than the Monaco Grand Prix in May. The wait was totally worth it though!

Appreciate 1
DZ F30303.50
      05-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
DZ F30
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
You need to allow way more lead time. The color you choose has to be approved by BMW AG. There are way more options to Individual than just paint, for example, contrasting stitching is available. There are other more customized possibilities as well. If you want to see all the possibilities, have your CA arrange a consultation with someone at DesignWorks.

My wife ordered a 2018 M4 with Individual San Marino Blue paint and Individual Polar Blue stitching in November 2017. After being delayed initially due to the dealer not getting an allocation right away (usually not a problem with non-M cars), the initial requested delivery date of May 2018 was pushed back because BMW couldn't supply the Individual stitching in time for a May delivery. We pushed it back a few more weeks so that we could go to the German Grand Prix in July rather than the Monaco Grand Prix in May. The wait was totally worth it though!
Thanks for the information! This will definitely be taken into consideration.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #5
BigSky702
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post

I need to see pics of this beauty!! please!!

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)
Appreciate 1
DZ F30303.50