Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications 2020 M340iX Dynapack AWD Dyno Numbers

10-09-2019, 10:44 PM   #23
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Dynapacks read high compared to Dynojet or Mustang. Only side by sides or deltas count when it comes to numbers. The detune is fake news until proven with 2 cars on same dyno on same day. My car built in May and picked up early August is fast AF and feels the same as the two cars I test drove in April.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 05:10 AM   #24
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Dynapacks read high compared to Dynojet or Mustang. Only side by sides or deltas count when it comes to numbers. The detune is fake news until proven with 2 cars on same dyno on same day. My car built in May and picked up early August is fast AF and feels the same as the two cars I test drove in April.
Well....Mission Performance got the "same car, same dyno" part down....but obviously different days. 50+ whp is a lot of difference for a few possible degrees difference in temp if we're going to nitpick the different day thing....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #25
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Well....Mission Performance got the "same car, same dyno" part down....but obviously different days. 50+ whp is a lot of difference for a few possible degrees difference in temp if we're going to nitpick the different day thing....
I don't see in that thread where they have dyno evidence. I see a baseline dyno and a stage 1...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 05:59 PM   #26
Devil doc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Reviving this old thread, but I have a quick question.

What is needed to safely run an xDrive car on the awd dynapack dyno? I’m asking because the dyno is not linked so I’m assuming this puts a lot of stress on the transfer case, I just wanted to know if I could cause damage to my xDrive drivetrain by running it on an unlinked awd dyno, also I was trying to avoid using the xDelete if posible. Thanks
Appreciate 0