Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Remote Start does not turn on heated seats/steering wheel?

01-14-2020, 04:03 PM   #133
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Really? I know you are but what am I..

You must be a real childish person to get triggered by someone simply asking for proof..

Carry on with your delusion..
Again dismissed my question...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #134
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020g20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicflux View Post
Why are you so intent on being a douchebag?
I wouldn't think that was so funny except that he simultaneously accuses other people of being hostile, when they're nowhere near as offensive...

Quote:
And it isn't the language barrier; the anonymity of the internet allows some folks to grow a little chest hair and act unnecessarily hostile; it's just par for the course
PROJECTION; noun
- the attribution of one's own ideas, feelings, or attitudes to other people or to objects
especially: the externalization of blame, guilt, or responsibility as a defense against anxiety
I'm just asking for proof of a claim, bro; I don't care for your psychoanalysis not I'm I projecting or trying to be dick..

Why is so hard for you guys to understand..? Jezz..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:07 PM   #135
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm just asking for proof of a claim, bro; I don't care for your psychoanalysis not I'm I projecting or trying to be dick..

I gave you enough proof but you ignore any factual evidence. It's fine if you don't believe it (even if it's served to you on a silver platter), but don't keep saying I'm wrong just for the sake of saying I'm wrong. You've provided no counter argument that's worth it's weight, so why continue?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #136
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Quote:

I gave you enough proof but you ignore any factual evidence. It's fine if you don't believe it (even if it's served to you on a silver platter), but don't keep saying I'm wrong just for the sake of saying I'm wrong. You've provided no counter argument that's worth it's weight, so why continue?
Your video/photos proved nothing except that your defroster works, congratulations!

And excuse me if I don't want to take the word of an adult who throws a temper tantrums on the internet and resorts to name calling.

You don't exactly have a lot of credibility in my book. But thank you for trying..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:28 PM   #137
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Your video/photos proved nothing except that your defroster works, congratulations!

And excuse me if I don't want to take the word of an adult who throws a temper tantrums on the internet and resorts to name calling.

You don't exactly have a lot of credibility in my book. But thank you for trying..
Temper tantrum? Name calling? When did I do either?

It's important that my defrosters work when remote starting because you claim the car does nothing when remote starting.

I don't need credibility as far as you're concerned. I'm posting pictures and my experience for the rest of the group so we can all know how the vehicle is supposed to react in particular situations.

Again, you've provided zero evidence to support your claim. I have and will continue to so if it helps out anyone here. You don't even try to explain why things are happening (like the defrosters), all you can say is a sarcastic "congratulations!"? Come on, who's losing credibility here...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:31 PM   #138
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Temper tantrum? Name calling? When did I do either?

It's important that my defrosters work when remote starting because you claim the car does nothing when remote starting.

I don't need credibility as far as you're concerned. I'm posting pictures and my experience for the rest of the group so we can all know how the vehicle is supposed to react in particular situations.

Again, you've provided zero evidence to support your claim. I have and will continue to so if it helps out anyone here. You don't even try to explain why things are happening (like the defrosters), all you can say is a sarcastic "congratulations!"? Come on, who's losing credibility here...

Let's just end it here..

I'm going for a software update in two weeks, I'll get back to you. (US-spec).

If I'm wrong, I'll apologize for doubting you..

Have a good night..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:33 PM   #139
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Let's just end it here..

Have a good night..
Cool. And I'll remote start my car in the morning and enjoy a defrosted, heated steering wheel, and seat on my ride to work. 😊

Oh and you don't need to apologize...I've never once said the US spec cars should work this way. Only how my Canadian spec car functions. 👍
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #140
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
So... I don't know whats going on in here.. however, if someone would be willing to send me their CAFD files who has this working, PM me. I would love to compare them to my non working US spec ones so we can figure out how to code this
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 09:07 PM   #141
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 35i G20 m340

Confirmed on mine as burrcold says.
My steering wheel heats up, my back window and windshield oddly my seats don't. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 10:01 AM   #142
sonicflux
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Let's just end it here..

Have a good night..
You've repeatedly called someone a liar after they told you the seat was warm. How are you not aware that that makes you look like an obtuse jerk?
Appreciate 2
Burrcold5047.50
Jkwon27.00
      01-15-2020, 12:44 PM   #143
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Let's just end it here..

Have a good night..
You've repeatedly called someone a liar after they told you the seat was warm. How are you not aware that that makes you look like an obtuse jerk?
I never say you're lying, I said you're mistaken, maybe slightly delusional and annoying but not intentionally misleading.

I don't care who or what you are enough to even be a jerk to you, bro; you're just a fly in my many shits.

I'm cool, calm and collective and merely just wanted clear confirmation of this supposed new function before I waste my money on a software update, based on your possible claim. You're the one that resorted to name calling, like you're 10 years old, when I asked for simple proof.

If you can't be civil, go back to whatever hole you came out of, I already confirmed you're full of it and moved on.. God, I thought folks from Canada was supposedly nice and friendly, I guess the anonymity of the internet allows you guys to grow some chest hair..

Anyways, the heated seats only function on with you restart the vehicle, from inside the vehicle, regardless if you vehicle is from the US, Canada, Mars; they all function the same under the current iteration from the G20, G30, X5, ect.

I can't officially confirm the steering wheel actually warms, upon remote start, with a 100% certainty but I doubt that also, since there is no marker indicting that's its active.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 01:49 PM   #144
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

So looking at the posts, i noticed many do not have software detail... this is what I see from the observations noted

If you have a data point please share with your software version and location

Data points:
Canada 11.2019
-Defrost, steering wheel heat, seat heat
-Defrost, steering wheel heat, no seat heat

USA 11.2019
No identified data points

Canada 7.2019
-No defrost, no wheel heat, no seat heat

USA 7.2019
-(multiple) No defrost, no wheel heat, no seat heat
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1936.50
Burrcold5047.50
      01-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #145
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep
Drives: stuff

Garage List
  [0.00]
2019 BMW M850i conv ...  [0.00]
My car is usa 11/2019.40

Steering wheel with remote start, no seats.
Appreciate 1
xlover2191.00
      01-15-2020, 02:22 PM   #146
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
So looking at the posts, i noticed many do not have software detail... this is what I see from the observations noted

If you have a data point please share with your software version and location

Data points:
Canada 11.2019
-Defrost, steering wheel heat, seat heat
-Defrost, steering wheel heat, no seat heat

USA 11.2019
No identified data points

Canada 7.2019
-No defrost, no wheel heat, no seat heat

USA 7.2019
-(multiple) No defrost, no wheel heat, no seat heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3c6 View Post
My car is usa 11/2019.40

Steering wheel with remote start, no seats.
I’m running 07/2019.3x (forgot if x was 5 or 8 or something else). I have AC with remote engine on. No heated seats or steering wheel or defroster (can’t check defroster because car was in the garage when it snowed for all of two days). I say no steering wheel because it was still cool to the touch even after five minutes of running the car with remote start (haven’t done for more than 5 minutes). But then, the steering wheel heating on my G20 330i isnt that powerful.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 03:43 PM   #147
sonicflux
Rep

Quote:
I never say you're lying, I said you're mistaken, maybe slightly delusional and annoying but not intentionally misleading.

I don't care who or what you are enough to even be a jerk to you, bro; you're just a fly in my many shits.

I'm cool, calm and collective and merely just wanted clear confirmation of this supposed new function before I waste my money on a software update, based on your possible claim. You're the one that resorted to name calling, like you're 10 years old, when I asked for simple proof.

If you can't be civil, go back to whatever hole you came out of, I already confirmed you're full of it and moved on.. God, I thought folks from Canada was supposedly nice and friendly, I guess the anonymity of the internet allows you guys to grow some chest hair..

Anyways, the heated seats only function on with you restart the vehicle, from inside the vehicle, regardless if you vehicle is from the US, Canada, Mars; they all function the same under the current iteration from the G20, G30, X5, ect.

I can't officially confirm the steering wheel actually warms, upon remote start, with a 100% certainty but I doubt that also, since there is no marker indicting that's its active.
Yeah, you said someone was mistaken for saying their seat is warm. I don't seriously believe that you think a grown adult can't tell if one object is warmer than another. You absolutely think that poster is lying or a total moron. So take your pick. You're either calling him a liar, or you're an arrogant prick who thinks an adult can't tell warm from cold.

And you're too stupid to know who you're even talking to. I'm not the guy who said his seats were warm, you self-important oaf.
Appreciate 1
Jkwon27.00
      01-15-2020, 03:46 PM   #148
sonicflux
Rep

Quote:
That's hilarious.

"I don't care about you enough to be a jerk to you!" [proceeds to be a jerk.]

Thanks for that awesome display of how unintelligent you are!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #149
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, you said someone was mistaken for saying their seat is warm. I don't seriously believe that you think a grown adult can't tell if one object is warmer than another. You absolutely think that poster is lying or a total moron. So take your pick. You're either calling him a liar, or you're an arrogant prick who thinks an adult can't tell warm from cold.

And you're too stupid to know who you're even talking to. I'm not the guy who said his seats were warm, you self-important oaf.
WoW, you don't stop..

Send me your address bro, I'll buy you a jumbo box of tampons..

I would love to hurl insults at you all day long but I'm merely just looking for some answers, not spar with some "moron" and clog up thread with unnecessary nonsense..

See, I'm using your word because I notice that's as far as your vocabulary goes and didn't want to confuse you any further.

Sorry but I just can't take the word of someone this juvenile..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 04:21 PM   #150
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
WoW, you don't stop..

Send me your address in Canada, bro, I'll buy you a jumbo box of tampons..

I would love to hurl insults at you all day long but I'm merely just looking for some answers, not spar with some "moron" and clog up thread with unnecessary nonsense..

See, I'm using your word because I notice that's as far as your vocabulary goes and didn't want to confuse you any further.

Do you think that me and sonicflux are the same person?? You keep saying he's from Canada (he's from the US). Go back and read my posts...I have never called you a name at any point.
      01-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #151
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
WoW, you don't stop..

Send me your address in Canada, bro, I'll buy you a jumbo box of tampons..

Do you think that me and sonicflux are the same person?? You keep saying he's from Canada (he's from the US). Go back and read my posts...I have never called you a name at any point.
That's how much I care about either one of you guys..

I don't even care enough to even spend 2 seconds to find out where you're from past you having some kind of tangible proof related to the subject..

The claim was it works in Canada.. That's why I was going on. I skim pass the nonsense, including whoever TF you are..

If either of don't have any tangible contribution to help, other than some random photos or your "word" let's move on.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 04:40 PM   #152
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

I don't even care enough to even spend 2 seconds to find out where you're from past you having some kind of tangible proof related to the subject..

The claim was it works in Canada.. That's why I was going on. I skim pass the nonsense, including whoever TF you are..

If either of don't have any tangible contribution to help, other than some random photos or your "word" let's move on.
You have provided zero proof (I have)...why can't you move on? Everyone else is trying to help here. Not you! You're a complete joke dude...
      01-15-2020, 04:56 PM   #153
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You have provided zero proof (I have)...why can't you move on? Everyone else is trying to help here. Not you! You're a complete joke dude...
I'm a joke, you post up some random photos and was like; 'voila, see, heated everything. Believe me, because my ass is warm..'

Enjoy, Burrcold.. Maybe the heat will help remove that stick that's obviously lodged up your ass..

What next, the software update activates your Flux Capacitor and your car can time travel to when you had sense?

I'm out now, this is becoming a "joke," you and your warm ass can have the last word.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #154
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm a joke, you post up some random photos and was like; 'voila, see, heated everything. Believe me, because my ass is warm..'

Enjoy, Burrcold.. Maybe the heat will help remove that stick that's obviously lodged up your ass..

What next, the software update activates your Flux Capacitor and your car can time travel to when you had sense?

I'm out now, this is becoming a "joke," you and your warm ass can have the last word.
Thanks! See yah!
Appreciate 0