Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 6 weeks in and still noticing new things.

11-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #23
Triggsuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D MSport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTimer View Post
When I test drove the car I noticed the two rev counter lines at the top of the HUD that move to the middle to show when is optimal to change gear. It took me a full week to figure out how to do this on mine.

When your in sport mode with the gear stick in the left sport position and using the paddles you see this sport feature, the revs need to be high for it to appear so it’s not the full rev counter range, just the upper range. it’s pretty cool!
Haha - I literally only found that out two days ago!!
      11-09-2019, 02:40 AM   #24
Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
Only recently realised that that when in 'Car Play' the album art is shown on the HUD
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      11-09-2019, 04:32 AM   #25
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
My new thing this morning was not being able to open my boot. After a very wet day yesterday it went below freezing overnight. When I tried to open the boot this morning it opened slightly (very slightly) then stopped. Had to use some force to then open it. It appears that the boot lip at the rear had frozen to the seal at the bottom of the glass. I’ll need to put some water repellent there to stop this happening again

See photo.

Attachment 2175284

Also.. Auto wipers... in my F10 I had to press a button on the stalk to engage auto wipers. This then reset to off next time you started the car. With the G20 I’m concerned that if you leave the stalk in auto position then there is the chance on a frosty morning it will engage the wiper over the iced window when you start the car. Thus damaging the wiper blades.
May have to change my winter routine to ensuring the front window is clear before starting the car to defrost the rest/heat the car. Or somehow try to remember to take the wiper stalk out of auto before leaving the car....
WD 40 sprayed on to a cloth and then wiped over the seals will stop them freezing together.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2019, 05:02 AM   #26
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
WD 40 sprayed on to a cloth and then wiped over the seals will stop them freezing together.
Yep. Did that after the issue yesterday and all good this morning.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #27
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Three days in and really enjoying the 330E. Coming from a 520D M Sport the 3 seems definitely more assured and just as comfortable with stunning performance.
The niggles? I miss the extra storage cubby holes of the 5 but I suppose that’s the difference between a 5 and a 3.
I’m still getting to grips with I drive 7.0 and have learned when to use bmw voice prompts and Siri for CarPlay via long and short press of the speech button.
Don’t think I’ll be using “ Hey BMW” as it’s hit and miss and slightly embarrassing when carrying friends.
Unless I’ve missed something it’s odd that you have to re import a destination after a stop. My 5’s I Drive prompted me to resume to destination.
Lastly door bins!! Why oh why BMW could you not line the door bins? It’s a£40k car ffs! All my coins, keys and other objects slide around like stuff on a cross channel car ferry in a force 8.

Overall though really enjoying the cars comfort, frugality and performance.
So much easier to park and manoeuvre around multi storey car parks!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:57 PM   #28
JohnBarny
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d + G21 330i

I’m surprised how much I use the voice and hand gestures.

The hand gestures are good for getting rid of diversions that pop up and for setting destination to home, I use the voice for heated seat + aircon and ambiant light
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #29
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Three days in and really enjoying the 330E. Coming from a 520D M Sport the 3 seems definitely more assured and just as comfortable with stunning performance.
The niggles? I miss the extra storage cubby holes of the 5 but I suppose that's the difference between a 5 and a 3.
I'm still getting to grips with I drive 7.0 and have learned when to use bmw voice prompts and Siri for CarPlay via long and short press of the speech button.
Don't think I'll be using " Hey BMW" as it's hit and miss and slightly embarrassing when carrying friends.
Unless I've missed something it's odd that you have to re import a destination after a stop. My 5's I Drive prompted me to resume to destination.
Lastly door bins!! Why oh why BMW could you not line the door bins? It's a£40k car ffs! All my coins, keys and other objects slide around like stuff on a cross channel car ferry in a force 8.

The Sat Nav auto resume thing is annoying but mine pops up with a message very briefly when starting back up asking whether I want to continue, it's easy to miss it and you have to swipe down to activate resume. Why it just doesn't do it as standard I don't know. Assumed it was a setting but haven't found it yet!?

Oh, did you get the extended storage pack (extra USB, rear seat nets etc)? If so there is a little compartment on the dash near your right knee for keys/coins...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #30
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
The Sat Nav auto resume thing is annoying but mine pops up with a message very briefly when starting back up asking whether I want to continue, it's easy to miss it and you have to swipe down to activate resume. Why it just doesn't do it as standard I don't know. Assumed it was a setting but haven't found it yet!?

Oh, did you get the extended storage pack (extra USB, rear seat nets etc)? If so there is a little compartment on the dash near your right knee for keys/coins...
Must look out for that Sat Nav prompt. Cheers.
Extended storage? Lol �� Just went for the standard M Sport build. Those extra things were standard on the 5 series M Sport.
I’m on my 6th BMW over 15 years now so I shouldn’t be surprised to have to spec over £40k to get back seat nets and little cubby hole
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 03:10 AM   #31
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

Quote:
Must look out for that Sat Nav prompt. Cheers.
Extended storage? Lol �� Just went for the standard M Sport build. Those extra things were standard on the 5 series M Sport.
I’m on my 6th BMW over 15 years now so I shouldn’t be surprised to have to spec over £40k to get back seat nets and little cubby hole
have in mind, rear folding seats are standard on 3 series and 800£ option on 5 series ))
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2019, 03:48 AM   #32
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusnu View Post
have in mind, rear folding seats are standard on 3 series and 800£ option on 5 series ))
Ok, you got me!
Although the boot in the 5 is cavernous so I never needed folding seats. I’m just on a Winter whinge. Really like my new 330E and I know I can’t compare a 5 to a 3. Just a tad narked that a £40k car comes with hard plastic slip slide door bins
and no seat nets or dash cubby hole.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #33
Bumble
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series. Aiudi Q3

Name:  20191120_161836_resized.jpg
Views: 2965
Size:  234.6 KB

Not quite sure how I arrived at this screen but it is useful to know where you are and in which direction you are going
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:12 AM   #34
BMWm340ixC1X
Private
Rep
Drives: 08BMW335xia22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Found out how to turn off infotainment after opening door when the car is unlocked without having to lock it by pressing and holding the radio power button.
Can I ask how you did this? Annoys the hell out of me
Just as I said, press and hold the power button for the radio/infotainment for a couple seconds until it turns off. There is a bmw tutorial video (below). You can also change the default setting in I drive I believe. Check out this thread.

Turn off car when unlocked https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1664100
BMW Tutorial
Are talking about turning everything off after you've already opened the door and shut the the engine ? There's a tab that says " turn off car " right next to the "turn off display" in the infotainment
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #35
Bumble
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series. Aiudi Q3

Still things come out of the bag. Has anyone noticed that if a driver or passenger does not shut the door properly and it's not latched , when you move into gear the ribbon light in that door panel changes to red and pulses.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #36
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Out in the car tonight and just noticed that the water temp gauge had the word “cold” below it. The word “cold” disappeared when the temp moved out of the blue.
I literally just noticed this today. And funny thing was I noticed the word cold a second before it moved out of the blue zone. I thought maybe I was hallucinating and just saw the word cold because it was blue there and freezing outside (12F).
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:34 PM   #37
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsapper View Post
Only recently realised that that when in 'Car Play' the album art is shown on the HUD
How did you do this?

Once I have seen my call list appear on the dash instead of the HUD but can't get it to happen again.
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:36 PM   #38
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
The niggles? I miss the extra storage cubby holes of the 5 but I suppose that's the difference between a 5 and a 3.
I'm still getting to grips with I drive 7.0 and have learned when to use bmw voice prompts and Siri for CarPlay via long and short press of the speech button.
Don't think I'll be using " Hey BMW" as it's hit and miss and slightly embarrassing when carrying friends.
Unless I've missed something it's odd that you have to re import a destination after a stop. My 5's I Drive prompted me to resume to destination.
Lastly door bins!! Why oh why BMW could you not line the door bins? It's a£40k car ffs! All my coins, keys and other objects slide around like stuff on a cross channel car ferry in a force 8.

I have the extended storage pack and yes it has a tray on the right of the steering wheel.

Bigger than it looks as well.
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #39
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Anyone noticed when the passenger heated seat is on and they get out it auto switches off?

Also I was impressed with the start stop which automatically deactivates when the car in front moves off.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:43 PM   #40
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I also learnt don't trust the parking sensors and 360 camera all the time especially when someone puts a stone planter next to your wheel below your line of site.

ouch!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 05:52 PM   #41
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Ouch!

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:13 PM   #42
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Double ouch!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #43
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ouch!
Saying it needs a full new bumper as can't apply more layers of paint as it reduces the sensitivity of the sensors, not sure if they are trying to have me over!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 03:05 AM   #44
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Not sure if it is a Parking Assist Plus feature or whether I switched anything on....today I was Parking parallel to a kerb and it warned me in no uncertain terms when I was getting close to the kerb.

Wish I had had that on my F34' would have saved the wheel and tyre insurance provider a small fortune getting all four wheels refurbished......
Appreciate 0