Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G20 Pre-LCI to LCI

04-18-2024, 02:17 PM   #1
JvsonNg
Rep
Drives: M340i

G20 Pre-LCI to LCI

Hello there,

Have been researching on here and FB groups to see if anyone has done this conversion. I am one of the few ppl that like the rear LCI on the G20. I have found alibaba/aliexpress sellers that would sell the rear bumper but unsure if its literally 3 pieces (LCI rear bumper, 2023+ bumper support?, and LCI diffuser)

I have watched the 330i M sport conversion video by KIES and saw there were more parts to it for a bumper swap.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 03:11 AM   #2
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JvsonNg View Post
Hello there,

Have been researching on here and FB groups to see if anyone has done this conversion. I am one of the few ppl that like the rear LCI on the G20. I have found alibaba/aliexpress sellers that would sell the rear bumper but unsure if its literally 3 pieces (LCI rear bumper, 2023+ bumper support?, and LCI diffuser)

I have watched the 330i M sport conversion video by KIES and saw there were more parts to it for a bumper swap.

TIA
Hello,

While I'm not sure if you are referring to an M - Sport 330i or not, but what I can confirm is that the M - Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser requires the M - Performance Rear Trim - (aka: The Rear Bumper) and I believe some adhesives as well!

I'm sure you can find someone who has done on it on here, but I would also encourage you to look at the X3/X4 forum - There I saw someone convert the rear of their X3 from: PRE-LCI X3 - xDrive30i --> LCI X3 - xDrive30i!

A few things I want you to keep in mind if you are planning to do this project:
1. Does your vehicle have the Driver Assistance Professional Package?
2. Does your vehicle have the Parking Assistance Package, which enables your 3 to park itself via the Parking Assistant?
3. Does your vehicle have the Comfort Access - "Kick to Open/Close the Tailgate"?
- I'm not sure if the M - Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser allows you to continue using your foot to open/close the tailgate and I just wanted to make sure you do your research lol

I ask because some bumpers are specific to the equipment on the car (e.g., Vehicle is M - Sport, WITH Parking Assistant, without Driver Assistance Professional will have a specific bumper number - I hope that makes sense?) and so I wanted to make sure you get the right part numbers!

Down below is a link to "getBMWparts.com" and here you can find more information on M - Performance Parts for the G20 3's!
NOTE: getBMWparts are well-known all throughout these forums and so many BMW drivers, like myself, have used their services before in the past and their part prices are generally cheaper than buying it from the dealer and they are pretty straightforward!

LINK to M - Performance Parts for the G20 3's

https://www.getbmwparts.com/c-g20-3-series-2018--294

LINK (incl. Picture) of the M - Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser for the G20 3's

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...NC1kaWVzZWw%3D

Name:  Screenshot 2024-04-19 010606.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  116.9 KB

LINK to the instructions for installing the M - Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, what all is needed for the installation, and how long it'll take
NOTE: While the instructions are not specific to PRE-LCI --> LCI conversions, but I figured it couldn't hurt to use it as a reference

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.co...structions.pdf

Lastly, you made me do this, but here is a link to one of the first threads that I made when I joined the BMW forums - I used to drive a 2015 BMW X1 - sDrive28i (I named him "Elliot") and I converted the rear bumper on my "no line" X1 to that of the "xLine" X1's hahaha

https://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1155343

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other questions! While I'm not sure if I answered your question indirectly or not, but I hope the resources provided above can help and assist you!

Cameron (2021 BMW 330i - I named him "Hrag Alyjandro Cha" )

PS - I encourage you to scroll through the M3 forums, as BMW drivers over there be modifying their cars all the time! lol
Appreciate 1
zlatko131.00