Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Connected app - no more driving data?

10-28-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
tommy_sn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Connected app - no more driving data?

Hi
On the F30 there was an option for e-drive or something in the app that showd details about the last trip, mpg and so on. On the G20 this is gone. Is there a way to get this back, or is it removed by BMW?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
KyleKatarn
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Same here. Could it be some kind of option that we haven't activated in the car? Following...
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_sn View Post
Hi
On the F30 there was an option for e-drive or something in the app that showd details about the last trip, mpg and so on. On the G20 this is gone. Is there a way to get this back, or is it removed by BMW?
Works for me sporadically, the data is still there as I have seen trip data elsewhere - just not making it into the app. That being said, the app and service are a bit of a train wreck so who knows.

Currently mine is in the shop as the only remote commands I can make work are remote unlock and horn. All others fail.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #4
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCardamon View Post
Quote:
Hi
Works for me sporadically, the data is still there as I have seen trip data elsewhere - just not making it into the app. That being said, the app and service are a bit of a train wreck so who knows.

Currently mine is in the shop as the only remote commands I can make work are remote unlock and horn. All others fail.
Car just got updated to latest software rev, Connected issues confirmed with my dealer, and issue submitted to Connected technical support - here we go people, let's see what we get!

Response expected Monday to address trip data and remote start issues, will update when I have it.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 12:29 PM   #5
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Car just got updated to latest software rev, Connected issues confirmed with my dealer, and issue submitted to Connected technical support - here we go people, let's see what we get!

Response expected Monday to address trip data and remote start issues, will update when I have it.
Getting feedback that the version of iOS I have (13.2) has knocked out remote services for everyone. Finding that hard to believe.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 05:07 AM   #6
Eagle Creek
Part of the bimmer family!
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMWG20; BMW E90

Garage List
2019 G20 330e  [0.00]
No still working for me.
      11-10-2019, 07:44 AM   #7
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Creek View Post
No still working for me.
Dealer service fixed it!

They did not take the excuse either - sent a remote start from a plane on WiFi in SFO all the way to Austin Texas - fewer tests of complicated connection paths exist

Huge kudos to BMW of North Austin - they took amazing care of this and truly advocated for me as a customer on a number of things
Appreciate 0