Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA BMW Main Dealer Service & repair delays

11-08-2023, 04:04 AM   #1
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
BMW Main Dealer Service & repair delays

Is anyone else experiencing unreasonably long delays in getting their cars in for maintenance with BMW dealers?

Yesterday I contacted Auto Classic in Perth to ask them to check an error message that has started popping up (Cross traffic alert not functioning - I don't care but I can't permanently get rid of the error message!). Funnily enough it coincided with the car updating to software version 07/2023.53 ... which I was initially pleased about as the previous two software updates had expired without the car prompting the download. The first date they could look at the car is 18th December - 6 weeks away! I was a month late with my last service in July as I couldn't get a time that worked for 8 weeks from when I tried to book it in with a month to spare.

God help you if you need something done urgently.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 06:29 PM   #2
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
I had the same problem as you a couple of years ago…6-8 weeks to get the car booked in. But my last service in Mar-Apr was booked in almost immediately. In fact, it was myself that delayed the booking because I had allowed 6 weeks for a booking!
      11-09-2023, 08:49 AM   #3
DNB_Perth
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaviatrix View Post
Is anyone else experiencing unreasonably long delays in getting their cars in for maintenance with BMW dealers?

Yesterday I contacted Auto Classic in Perth to ask them to check an error message that has started popping up (Cross traffic alert not functioning - I don't care but I can't permanently get rid of the error message!). Funnily enough it coincided with the car updating to software version 07/2023.53 ... which I was initially pleased about as the previous two software updates had expired without the car prompting the download. The first date they could look at the car is 18th December - 6 weeks away! I was a month late with my last service in July as I couldn't get a time that worked for 8 weeks from when I tried to book it in with a month to spare.

God help you if you need something done urgently.
Damn, I better get my car booked in ASAP, as I need the "Check over" done for next month (Dec).

Also, if you're interested and haven't done so yet, feel free to join our Facebook group "Perth BMW G20 Group". We go for cruises/brunch/meetups etc.
MHD Stage 2 Tune, xHP Stage 3, Active Autowerke Catted Downpipe, MST Cold Air Intake, H&R Lowering Springs, Spacers, M Performance Lip and Side Skirts, Exhaust Valve Mod, Blackvue 900S Dual Dashcam and Blackvue Backup Battery
If you're in Perth, feel free to join our Facebook group "Perth BMW G20 Group"
Appreciate 1
Gaviatrix165.00
      11-09-2023, 10:54 AM   #4
AM340iMiami
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

No problems in miami. But I rarely take my bmw to the dealer for service. Only if they are offering specials on oil changes.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 08:32 PM   #5
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNB_Perth View Post
Also, if you're interested and haven't done so yet, feel free to join our Facebook group "Perth BMW G20 Group". We go for cruises/brunch/meetups etc.
Thanks very much for the offer. I might have to sign up to Facebook! I think if I indulged in another hobby though my wife would divorce me ...
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2023, 04:42 AM   #6
DNB_Perth
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM340iMiami View Post
No problems in miami. But I rarely take my bmw to the dealer for service. Only if they are offering specials on oil changes.
We live in a city where there are only 2 BMW Dealerships and both are owned by the same Company #monopoly #nodiscountsonservices LOL
MHD Stage 2 Tune, xHP Stage 3, Active Autowerke Catted Downpipe, MST Cold Air Intake, H&R Lowering Springs, Spacers, M Performance Lip and Side Skirts, Exhaust Valve Mod, Blackvue 900S Dual Dashcam and Blackvue Backup Battery
If you're in Perth, feel free to join our Facebook group "Perth BMW G20 Group"
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 05:58 PM   #7
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Realising Perth is a one horse town for BMW and therefore having to suck up the price and costs, had nothing but good service from Westcoast in 4 years. maybe caused by a bit of rivalry between it and Autoclassic.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 07:41 PM   #8
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by westozy View Post
Realising Perth is a one horse town for BMW and therefore having to suck up the price and costs, had nothing but good service from Westcoast in 4 years. maybe caused by a bit of rivalry between it and Autoclassic.
Good to hear. It's far less convenient for me though. And they're part of the same dealer group, by the way, so it is a monopoly!

The end of my story on this one was that I 'had a word' with BMW Australia about the delay, and the next day I got a call from a senior person at Auto Classic. They took my car in two days later, and diagnosed that the issue was resulting from a loose sensor in the front bumper which was caused by a small knock the car had when I left it overnight in the car park at Perth airport. I'd noticed a slight scuff on the end of the bumper and polished it out successfully but hadn't realised the sensor there had been affected. I was pleased that it wasn't software related. Auto Classic didn't charge me, and valeted the car for good measure.

They also said they were working to open two additional service facilities, one of which will be in Osborne Park which is much more convenient for me than Wangara or even Victoria Park. They basically admitted they were the victims of their own success on the sales side and the service provision hadn't kept pace, a situation they were now remedying.

Last edited by Gaviatrix; 11-12-2023 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 10:31 PM   #9
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Great result.
Good to hear that “old fashioned” service is alive and well in some parts of Australia.