Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA 330i LCI lower bumper

08-16-2023, 06:14 PM   #1
Bm12
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330i

330i LCI lower bumper

I was wiping off some dirt on the black lower bumper area on the driver side and noticed that this little black plastic cover was not attached properly and it was moving on light pushing. Passenger side was firmly attached. I was wondering if this is manufactured this way intentionally to access something. There is a plastic cover running horizontally under this black plastic cover on the passenger side so it doesn’t move on light pushing.

I have taken some photos for your reference. As you can see on the passenger side I can’t put my index finger in whereas I can on the driver side. Is this a possible manufacturing defect?

Sorry guys, I don’t know why the uploaded photos are turned around. I couldn’t modify them.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bm12; 08-16-2023 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Photo orientation
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 09:01 PM   #2
dhock_holiday
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

Isn’t that the front tow hook cover?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 10:56 PM   #3
Bm12
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhock_holiday View Post
Isn’t that the front tow hook cover?
Thanks for the heads up, you’re right. I googled it and it appears to be the front tow hook cover. No wonder it was made loose intentionally. Thought there must be a purpose for some kind of access 😅 looks like they hang their number plate there in America. I wonder why.
Appreciate 0