Technical Topics Wheels and Tires What ETs will work with the G20

02-15-2020, 04:29 AM   #1
Mazman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: slow

What ETs will work with the G20

I am about to pull the trigger on a set with the following specs

8.5"et32 front with 9.5"et40 19", the wheels are Ispiri FFR1 in matte satin bronze

I have the M-sport package with the adaptive m-suspension.
Will these specs work?

ET32 on the fronts and ET40 on the rears are to conservative?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mazman; 02-15-2020 at 04:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 35i G20 m340

I can't remember my exact front specs but I Believe we're doing around 12mm more poke then stock with an 8.5.
Rear I'm doing 10.5 with a plus 50.
I'll have 255/30/20 and 295/25/20
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 01:22 AM   #3
Mazman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: slow

Thanks for the input

What ET are you running on the fronts?
So with 1" wider wheel and ET50 how do reckon 9.5" with 40 would look?

Are you sitting flush with 10.5/50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
I can't remember my exact front specs but I Believe we're doing around 12mm more poke then stock with an 8.5.
      02-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazman View Post
Thanks for the input

What ET are you running on the fronts?
So with 1" wider wheel and ET50 how do reckon 9.5" with 40 would look?

Are you sitting flush with 10.5/50?

Quote:
My wheels aren't here yet and won't be for around 3.5 or 4 months they're being made overseas.

I don't have my specs written down, shop ordering my wheels does.

What I'd suggest for you is look up your oem specs of the wheels, and then punch them in on will they fit, or some other fitment calculator, and then look at the comparison to give you an idea.

I can tell you mine will be fairly aggressive, not to everyone's preference but I like pushing the limits to what will fit especially when lowered, But my wheel itself will pass the top edge of the fender around 1-2mm at stock height/alignment, but I will have a conservative stretch. So all rubber will be within the wheel well.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 08:51 PM   #5
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
My wheels aren't here yet and won't be for around 3.5 or 4 months they're being made overseas.

What I'd suggest for you is look up your oem specs of the wheels, and then punch them in on will they fit, or some other fitment calculator, and then look at the comparison to give you an idea.

I can tell you mine will be fairly aggressive, not to everyone's preference but I like pushing the limits to what will fit especially when lowered, But my wheel itself will pass the top edge of the fender around 1-2mm at stock height/alignment, but I will have a conservative stretch. So all rubber will be within the wheel well.
I am thinking of going with a 245/40r20.. 275/35r20. I am not lowering and I want a beefy look and want to protect rims somewhat from pot holes. Based on dealer website, it should fit but I haven't seen anyone run this setup on a 3 series.
Are you concerned with the very low profile?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:57 PM   #6
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Quote:

I am thinking of going with a 245/40r20.. 275/35r20. I am not lowering and I want a beefy look and want to protect rims somewhat from pot holes. Based on dealer website, it should fit but I haven't seen anyone run this setup on a 3 series.
Are you concerned with the very low profile?
Nah I'm not worried about it. We have shit roads here but stock 20s aren't much better anyways.
If you have lots of potholes and run cheap quality wheels you may be more prone to cracked or bent wheels, or bulging tires. But worth the risk IMO. 19s just look so small everyone thinks it's on 18s.

My only advice is stay as close to oem diameter as possible for Speedo accuracy, and don't vary front ti back diameters more than the allowable 1% I Believe it is
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Nah I'm not worried about it. We have shit roads here but stock 20s aren't much better anyways.
If you have lots of potholes and run cheap quality wheels you may be more prone to cracked or bent wheels, or bulging tires. But worth the risk IMO. 19s just look so small everyone thinks it's on 18s.

My only advice is stay as close to oem diameter as possible for Speedo accuracy, and don't vary front ti back diameters more than the allowable 1% I Believe it is
Yeah, you are right. I was even thinking of 255/35 and 285/30 for car. Cant wait to see your wheels on car and also love the color of yours too.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2020, 02:16 PM   #8
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Quote:

Yeah, you are right. I was even thinking of 255/35 and 285/30 for car. Cant wait to see your wheels on car and also love the color of yours too.
Thanks, can't wait for them too come either.
Hopefully not too much if any delays with them with this whole virus thing as they're being built in Japan and then need to be shipped over, ETA at time of ordering was late April or sometime in May, so far no word of delays, hopefully it stays that way.
Appreciate 0